BFTG - MK Dons

149 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFTG - MK Dons

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jan 2016 18:06

Jesus christ that was awful. And cold. Seats were comfy though.

Everyone was poor. Hal and Piazon particularly. Williams had a pretty bad game as well.

Vydra should've scored after a great run from McCleary, who probably should've gone for goal himself. As much as I hate to admit it, Blackman would've buried that.

McCleary missed a sitter himself in the second half. Keeper was already on the floor. Should've taken a touch and banged it, but rushed it and put it straight at him instead.

Their keeper got man of the match, and Al Habsi was probably ours. Mainly because everyone else was dogshit.

Guessing Sa is all but off. No idea why Quinn didn't get on. Should've come on at half time when it was clear we needed a change.

Shocking. Need a big performance on Saturday.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - MK Dons

by Royal_jimmy » 16 Jan 2016 18:13

I am so pissed off. We were awful all over the pitch.

Why did McDermott bring on Cox instead of Sa when we are playing long ball. What's BM got against Sa. I am fed up with McDermott sticking with his favourites.

I hope Gunter, Taylor and Kanu aren't here next season.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jan 2016 18:17

Hello John was rubbish as well. Didn't want to put a cross in for some weird reason.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 16 Jan 2016 18:27

Pepe the Horseman Hello John was rubbish as well. Didn't want to put a cross in for some weird reason.

go on, go on go on go on go on oh for oxf*rd sake

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 16 Jan 2016 18:28

Seriously if Simon Cox is the answer we are doomed, Birmingham today showed us that Tuesday night wasn`t as good as all the messiah lovers would have us believe.
Just piss off McDermott you are crap and always will be.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Jan 2016 18:34

Superb stadium
Comfy seats (and let's face it that's important to fans that sit down)
Great steak and ale pie. Even better local (concrete cow company) pale ale.

Oh yeh we were shit
Al Habsi had a really good game - no mistakes!
Otherwise just Norwood as usual looked OK

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jan 2016 18:42

Interesting to hear an entirely different version of events from supporters who were at the game. According to Dellor only one player missed an absolute sitter and only one of our team was really poor and that was Vydra! He spent virtually the whole game moaning about him and saying little else. Yet Dellor still claims he isn't running a vendetta against him.

royal67

by royal67 » 16 Jan 2016 18:42

windermere_royal Seriously if Simon Cox is the answer we are doomed, Birmingham today showed us that Tuesday night wasn`t as good as all the messiah lovers would have us believe.
Just piss off McDermott you are crap and always will be.

You make a bold statement but one that I am struggling to disagree with at the moment..... I will review the situation in the morning.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 16 Jan 2016 18:45

To put some perspective on this, Middlesboro lost to Brizzle City today.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 16 Jan 2016 18:47

West Stand Man To put some perspective on this, Middlesboro lost to Brizzle City today.

To put things into perspective, they can afford to lose, can't say the same about us

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 16 Jan 2016 19:02

McD said: 'It was a 1-0 game'.

WTF does it have to be a 1-0 game Brian? Why couldn't we win 3-0 ? Why couldn't you change things and make adjustments to prevent (what you saw as) the inevitable. (Dons, btw, had just lost 5-0 at home in their previous game 4 days ago.)

Yet another wasted defensive effort. Dons, like most other teams we play, prolly knew one goal would be enough.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Jan 2016 19:15

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why we're not going up.

Woeful.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jan 2016 19:26

They were absolutely there for the taking, we just didn't even look like we were trying in the first half.

Bob1871

by Bob1871 » 16 Jan 2016 19:27

There keeper made 3 great saves. 1 from Piazon in the first half, the volley from Norwood looked to be an outstanding save and again I thought Mcleary should have done a lot better but it was a good save!

Vydra can't play up top on his own. He's not strong enough. There back 2 won everything in the air. The chance he missed was a pathetic finish for a professional footballer. He looked to panic and pull it wide. The player that pulled him down through on goal should have been sent off, was an awful decision from the ref just to give a yellow.

If one of our many chances would have gone in, I thought we would have had enough to see out the game.

Al Habsi had a good game and made a few good saves. I thought Cooper looked ok but no one else covered themselves in glory. Not quite sure what Sa has done not to even get on. I was surprised to see Cox come on but didn't think he did badly in the 10 minutes he was on.

Nice easy trip, spacious and comfy seats. The bar in the concourse was a bit of a weird design!

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 16 Jan 2016 19:31

West Stand Man To put some perspective on this, Middlesboro lost to Brizzle City today.

And we brushed Middlesbrough aside only a few months ago ?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 16 Jan 2016 19:33

Bob1871 There keeper made 3 great saves. 1 from Piazon in the first half, the volley from Norwood looked to be an outstanding save and again I thought Mcleary should have done a lot better but it was a good save!

Vydra can't play up top on his own. He's not strong enough. There back 2 won everything in the air. The chance he missed was a pathetic finish for a professional footballer. He looked to panic and pull it wide. The player that pulled him down through on goal should have been sent off, was an awful decision from the ref just to give a yellow.

If one of our many chances would have gone in, I thought we would have had enough to see out the game.

Al Habsi had a good game and made a few good saves. I thought Cooper looked ok but no one else covered themselves in glory. Not quite sure what Sa has done not to even get on. I was surprised to see Cox come on but didn't think he did badly in the 10 minutes he was on.

Nice easy trip, spacious and comfy seats. The bar in the concourse was a bit of a weird design!

Good to hear Al Habsi didn't throw the ball in his net, was Bond on bench ?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 16 Jan 2016 19:34

CountryRoyal And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why we're not going up.

Woeful.

How our fortunes can change ..

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 19:35

Longhorn1970
Bob1871 There keeper made 3 great saves. 1 from Piazon in the first half, the volley from Norwood looked to be an outstanding save and again I thought Mcleary should have done a lot better but it was a good save!

Good to hear Al Habsi didn't throw the ball in his net, was Bond on bench ?
zzzzzzzzzzz move on

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 16 Jan 2016 19:36

One of the most woeful, inept, tactically naive and spineless performances in a long time. Al Habsi and the God-like Anton Ferdinand emerge with credit. No one else.

I thought MK were rubbish, but hard working, close-everything-down, and took their chance. Superb stadium.

Quite how the ref didn't send their lad off - I can only assume he thought it wasn't really a clear goal scoring opportunity because it was Vydra.

Set pieces - we're a joke. Crosses - either don't beat the first man or sail over everyone. Passes - too many just went astray.

I tried to overcome my disappointment with Brian's return because I want it to work out. But today was a shattering experience, and my fears are all resurfacing.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 16 Jan 2016 19:39

Armadillo Roadkill One of the most woeful, inept, tactically naive and spineless performances in a long time. Al Habsi and the God-like Anton Ferdinand emerge with credit. No one else.

I thought MK were rubbish, but hard working, close-everything-down, and took their chance. Superb stadium.

Quite how the ref didn't send their lad off - I can only assume he thought it wasn't really a clear goal scoring opportunity because it was Vydra.

Set pieces - we're a joke. Crosses - either don't beat the first man or sail over everyone. Passes - too many just went astray.

I tried to overcome my disappointment with Brian's return because I want it to work out. But today was a shattering experience, and my fears are all resurfacing.

Well he can't blame Terry Burton, who takes the rap this time ?

149 posts