by Extended-Phenotype » 29 Sep 2015 12:55

Bit ott

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Summer Rebuild

by CountryRoyal » 29 Sep 2015 13:03

Nameless
CountryRoyal
Nameless As ever these discussions fall apart as people quote numbers as if they are facts rather than just complete guesses....

It probably doesn't help when ignorant bellends like yourself add nothing but condescending, self-righteous tripe.

No offence m8 and all that.

No offence taken, given how little I'm bothered about your opinions....
Still think our recent spending has traditionally been high ?
The discussions on wages and spending have always been of little real value as they always centre around numbers people basically invent. But if you think stating absolutely that a player earns a certain amount means you are ITK or knowledgeable then fair enough.

Who's the one inventing shit now?

Every time I discussed a figure I made it painfully obvious that it was speculative by preceding it with things like "I presume/assume/I'd imagine". You're not very bright are you?

And for the record - it is a fact that we had one of the highest wage bills in the championship, do a bit of research and look up the official accounts yourself.

Of course that would mean you wouldn't have as much time to up your post count with meaningless, opinionated and uneducated crap.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Sep 2015 13:10

CountryRoyal
Nameless
CountryRoyal
It probably doesn't help when ignorant bellends like yourself add nothing but condescending, self-righteous tripe.

No offence m8 and all that.

No offence taken, given how little I'm bothered about your opinions....
The discussions on wages and spending have always been of little real value as they always centre around numbers people basically invent. But if you think stating absolutely that a player earns a certain amount means you are ITK or knowledgeable then fair enough.

Who's the one inventing shit now?

Every time I discussed a figure I made it painfully obvious that it was speculative by preceding it with things like "I presume/assume/I'd imagine". You're not very bright are you?

And for the record - it is a fact that we had one of the highest wage bills in the championship, do a bit of research and look up the official accounts yourself.

Of course that would mean you wouldn't have as much time to up your post count with meaningless, opinionated and uneducated crap.

Why assume I was referring to you personally ? You seem to be a very angry person.

It's a general point that people chuck numbers around without really knowing if they are accurate. The old 'alleged' qualifier doesn't get round the fact that a number gets into the discussion and becomes accepted fact. Like it became accepted that Pog was earning 60k a week.

You need to chill out, and I'd argue some of my posts have meaning, none of them are uneducated and all of them express opinion. I also have no idea what my post count is. Does anyone care ?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 29 Sep 2015 13:14

Yeah, chill Country Royal. It's a harmless conversation about football, he didn't turd your wife's clunge.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Sep 2015 13:27

Extended-Phenotype Yeah, chill Country Royal. It's a harmless conversation about football, he didn't turd your wife's clunge.

True, but he'd be welcome to my gf. Sounds like they'd get along.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 29 Sep 2015 13:32

Oh no you didn't

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 29 Sep 2015 13:33

Ouro's come bounding down the stairs into the ring

It's a right rumble now, I'm getting outtahere

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Sep 2015 13:34

CountryRoyal
Extended-Phenotype Yeah, chill Country Royal. It's a harmless conversation about football, he didn't turd your wife's clunge.

True, but he'd be welcome to my gf. Sounds like they'd get along.

It's fitting together. Bloke who gets unreasonably angry on Internet forum in unsatisfactory relationship.....

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Sep 2015 13:45

Nameless No offence taken, given how little I'm bothered about your opinions....

Just for the Record Nameless, the numbers I've posted and our relative positions in the table for wage expenditure (on the old discussion I linked to) are taken from the filed accounts. There's no speculation there and it shows that we've been one of the bigger spending teams (wages wise at least) in the Championship over recent.

You can discount the big clubs like Newcastle or West Ham as complete freaks within the division but we've more than matched the likes of (supposedly big spending) Wolves, Birmingham, Derby and Leicester for wages when we've been in the same division.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Sep 2015 13:59

Also for the record, my point was aimed more at the 'Pog got £4 million signing on fee' 'HRK earns £100k per week' type stuff. I understand that we can get some idea of spending from the accounts although even then I'm not sure how all the costs involved are actually shown given deals are often spread over several years.
I didn't intend to suggest everyone who talks about costs does so using made up stuff, but too often numbers do get thrown around that are clearly made up. In fact CountryRoyal told us he highlights the stuff he makes up by saying he imagines it !
The mix of the stuff that comes from good sources and is properly interpreted and stuff that comes from vivid imagination is what confuses ordinary bods like me and tends to make the discussions difficult to take seriously.
There's no way round this on a free discussion board, but I just think sometimes it's worth questioning how valid stuff is, even if the result is people such as you come back and point out that their stuff is from properly published sources.
Of course there is also much value in crazed discussion with no factual basis, we all need our release valves !

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Sep 2015 14:13

Nameless ...I understand that we can get some idea of spending from the accounts although even then I'm not sure how all the costs involved are actually shown given deals are often spread over several years....

People have, by and large, been talking about wages when they've said we are recently (last decade in my book) one of the league bigger spenders.

You'd claimed that was ridiculous.

For your information the accounts clearly break out the cost of employee remuneration so it's quite easy to compare. The cost of acquiring players is a little more complicated yes, but that wasn't really the point that was being made as far as I could see.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Sep 2015 14:19

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Sep 2015 14:20

Royal Waster Jamie Mackie out injured for 2-3 months .... looks like we were lucky with that one. Big wages, big injury ....

Big teeth.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Sep 2015 14:23

We quite clearly have been up there with the higher spenders in the division in recent times. You'd be deluded to think otherwise.
You have missed my point entirely in a minor aside. countryRoyal claimed that traditionally in recent years we were big spenders.
Traditionally we are not big spenders, in recent years we have moved up that spending league. His point was ridiculous because tradition is the opposite of recent.
Even now we possibly occupy an odd position in the spending league because our record transfer fee whilst a Championship club is (I suspect) quite low.

Mr Cinema

by Mr Cinema » 25 Jan 2016 20:27

blythspartan
Mr Cinema
blythspartan WOW.....

What an amazing transfer window. I hope it proves to be as successful as the 2005/2006 season.

It won't

blythspartan options for the long Championship season and we have to trust that SC can keep everyone happy and get the best from this squad.

He won't

blythspartan Can't believe that some on here are still moaning. I just don't think that you can have too much quality.

You can only pick 11, our best seasons have been built on smaller tight knit squads

blythspartan remember going to Forest last season with a young team and very few options on the bench. We got murdered on the day and I seriously thought league 2 here we come.

So basically you were completely wrong.

blythspartan business by the club to make a genuine promotion push without breaking the bank.

Great post.

At last someone has bothered to read one of my posts. Thank you Mr Cinema sir.

Not only that. I'm going to regurgitate it for satirical effect.

Mr Cinema

Re: Roundup

by Mr Cinema » 25 Jan 2016 20:36

Woodcote Royal
Mr Cinema
Lacoste Well, give Clarke his dues he delivered on his promise. We have signed two new strikers, two central midfield players, three wide midfield/attackers a fullback, centre back and two goal keepers. He and the Thais have delivered on their promise.

Clarke went about his business professionally and methodically and whilst I still don't think he's necessarily the right man for the job, he was impressing me off the field even though the results on the field have been poor since his arrival.

This was until today.

Today he has spent a relative fortune on a player that we will only see for one season. Believe it or not, I'm overjoyed that we have signed Vydra however the manner in which he has come in leaves a hugely sour taste in my mouth.

Many of you are correct, if he fires us to promotion then what the hell, the money is small fry but for that to happen we need to be one of the best three teams in this division. Can anyone here really see that happening?

Many of you also say that this is just modern football and that we'd be whinging if we didn't get a new striker and that the club can't win. This is all valid however surely a clever manager wouldn't have spent the whole summer chasing a player, who in all reality, was going to sign for a far bigger Club than us.

Sure, we have signed a great forward at this level but he isn't ours, this isn't building and unless a miracle happens this isn't a step forward

I would have much preferred us to have done some proper management and scouting and found one or maybe even two players from somewhere for the same cost even if it was from the lower leagues that would take time to adapt, someone we can call ours and start building a great team full of heart, spirit and a team we can call our own, not a team full of loan signings who frankly, probably won't give a fcuk.

That moves me on to this character John. Wtf is this all about. Another heartless loan and you've all seen what the Lisbon fans think of him. It all sounds too familiar.Is this guy seriously going to have the bottle and the spirit to battle it out with the championships hardened pros on a cold winters evening when the chips are down? maybe, maybe not. I highly doubt it though. At least it's only a loan and we can send him back.

We have 6 loan players now, 6. This isn't RFC and this isn't a club evolving, this is poor foresight by Clarke and maybe, just maybe a lack of scouting ability. We will never get to know this team because they'll all be gone at the end of the season. Build slowly and cleverly, that's how we've always had success.

Like I say, apart from Al-habsi, John and Vydra I'm really happy with the way Clarke has gone about this summer however today just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

He has put his nuts on the block, I just hope it works out for him.

Before today 9/10

After today 6/10

Lacoste : Before today A neat and tidy borderline racist 5/10

Lacoste: After today. A dismal failing Try Hard Troll 2/10

And yet another attention seeking twat :|

Frankly, any Reading fan who isn't happy tonight needs to consider their position.

I'm seriously tempted to place some bets on our season but will probably, as usual, do SFA about it :P

Just having my own window on this campaign watching the best assembled squad in our history for a mere £400 feels like a decent win on the lottery.

Fantastic business by all involved and I'll be amazed if the next home gate is under 20k

Wow!!! Just effing wow....................bring it on!!!

How's that feel good , "20k home gate", "fantastic business", "best assembled squad in our history" working for you now my friend? Or are you sulking in the car park again?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Jan 2016 07:40

Wow, the pain raged in side for 4 months. Must be a great feeling to see your own team fail so you can trawl through the archives of a forum to gleefully kick a fellow fan in the mush

1897 posts