RG7Fan

Re: BFTG - Burnley

by RG7Fan » 13 Feb 2016 17:47

Joey Barton is a cock.
Ref was poor.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 13 Feb 2016 17:54

Not a vintage performance - by either team, but much better than last week. I think most people before the game would have taken a draw against one of the top teams in the league.

Burnley were the epitome of hoof ball today, Andre Gray looked dangerous at times and was giving Cooper a run for his money. 10/10 for Al-Habsi saving the penalty (although apparently Beasant tipped him the wink before hand to go left).

Chelsea/Royal

by Chelsea/Royal » 13 Feb 2016 17:58

I was under the impression that the Sean Dyche doesn't like his players diving.................

I thought Burnley were dreadful, long ball , long ball oh and long ball all afternoon.

Barton is a scum bag.

The ref bottled everything all afternoon. Shocking.

Our midfield went walkabout in the 2nd half.

Al Habsi is a God.

Kermogant won every header but no one thought to profit from his knock downs , we missed Vydra.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Feb 2016 17:59

Mcshane MOTM, solid at the back.

Just about deserved a draw, although didn't think Burnley were troubled too much overall.

Thought we missed some more direct runs in the middle of the park today.

Moonfish

by Moonfish » 13 Feb 2016 18:11

Hopefully they caught Barton's push on Quinn down the stairs into the tunnel at half time on CCTV!!!

What a dangerous and disgusting act, he should face a lengthy ban if caught, that isn't even gamesmanship, it's just being a tw@!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Feb 2016 18:13

:lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Feb 2016 18:13

RG7Fan Joey Barton is a cock.
Ref was poor.

He certainly put the cock in Adcock. Will be interesting to see how Paul defends that refereeing performance.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 13 Feb 2016 18:24

Sean Dyche I haven't seen it back, my hunch is he got caught, if he didn't, the intent to catch him is there

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What the fcuk does that even mean?

Bellend

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Feb 2016 18:32

What he's trying to say is that Gray dived without actually saying Gray dived.

I remember Dyche in his playing days. If a player had done that to him, he would have tried to break him in half the first chance he got.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Feb 2016 18:35

blueroyals
Sean Dyche I haven't seen it back, my hunch is he got caught, if he didn't, the intent to catch him is there

Bellend

I was at the other end of the pitch but it looked to me that Al Habsi's intent was shown by him drawing his leg away from Gray to make sure he wouldn't catch him.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Feb 2016 18:38

Just watched Dyche and Lowton's interviews after the game.

Dyche slated the pitch and HRK for scuffing up the spot and Lowton was surprised Al-Habsi wasn't at least booked and called Reading's antics throughout the game petty and childish... also slated the pitch.

:?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 13 Feb 2016 18:41

sandman
blueroyals

Bellend

I was at the other end of the pitch but it looked to me that Al Habsi's intent was shown by him drawing his leg away from Gray to make sure he wouldn't catch him.

Well, I was pretty closely in line with it. Gray had pushed the ball too far wide and opted to dive for the penalty. There was no contact and nor did it look like AAH had any intent to trip him.

To those asking what the hell it meant. I was told , by a referee, that there doesn't have to be contact for it to be a foil. If the defender's actions would have tripped the player had he not leapt over the top ( or dived over the top) then it is still a foul (hence the 'intent' issue). However I can't see how that could have been a pen in this case.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 13 Feb 2016 18:44

genome Just watched Dyche and Lowton's interviews after the game.

Dyche slated the pitch and HRK for scuffing up the spot and Lowton was surprised Al-Habsi wasn't at least booked and called Reading's antics throughout the game petty and childish... also slated the pitch.

Dear lord, and they have one Joey Barton in their team

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 13 Feb 2016 18:45

I thought we were going to get hammered today, and was shocked at how poor Burnley were-for a top three team.
That said they had three clear chances & a penalty miss and still cocked it up.
Our problem is that we just don't mount a consistent goal threat and rely on a dodgy defence to hold out.
We are going nowhere.

Al Habs 9: Penalty save says it all.
Gunter 5: Very poor last ten minutes.
Obita 5: After that excellent return to the team-has drifted into his usual uncertain self.
Coop 3 : Almost gave it away 2nd half.
Mc Shane 8: Very solid, but nearly gave it up at the end-what was he thinking of .
Hector 7 : Not a natural midfielder, but does the job-great tackle on Barton.
Norwood 3: Comfortably his worst game this season.
Quinn 7: Mr reliable
Piazon 6 : Nice & tidy -but no real threat
Kermit 7: Does well holding the ball up & knocking the ball on-usually wins it in the air
Kanu 7: Our best attacking threat

Macca 7: Perhaps should have started
Denis: Not on long enough

Lastly the Ref-this simply isn't good enough-didn't give Gray a yellow card after a clear kick at Obita-missed Barton's elbow & then the dive.The League has to do something about the standard of refereeing in the Championship-they are with the odd exception not fit for purpose.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 13 Feb 2016 18:47

genome Just watched Dyche and Lowton's interviews after the game.

Fair enough about the pitch. It is in a poor condition again. Equally, if it was a penalty then AAH should have been booked (at least). HRK was booked, so he got his desserts. As to the childishness, as ever that was pretty much 50/50 just like when real kids are having a go attach other.

How Barton survived the game I don't know. The concourse TVs showed his half time incident with Quinn several times. If there is more detail on the cctv then I suspect Barton is in trouble.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 13 Feb 2016 18:51

Barton should not be near a football pitch. Andre Grey is a cheating oxf*rd and the referee was awful.

Burnley looked nowhere near a top 2 side.

We were at best ok today. Our midfield was all pretty awful.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 13 Feb 2016 18:51

blueroyals

Bellend

I think he's trying to cite the "attempts to trip" part of the laws of the game. Intent isn't important.

George_

by George_ » 13 Feb 2016 18:52

Would have taken a point before the game.

AAH improving game by game.

Good to have Hector just in front of the defence, gave them a lot more protection than when we've had just Willians & Norwood in the middle.

Absolute rustle from HRK with the penalty spot antics.

165 posts