BFTG - WBA

170 posts
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

BFTG - WBA

by PieEater » 20 Feb 2016 18:08

That was a cracking result, the third goal was probably the highlight of our season.

Quite disappointed in WBA, they really weren't very good, but somehow survive in the prem with set pieces and dodgy free kicks.

I think Bryan got his tactics spot on, big Hec, Coops and McShane all had good games.

We seemed to completely control the game, so it was disappointing to go behind but we fought back well - two goals from set pieces, and then looked comfortable when they pressed.

My MOTM was HRK, really looking like a decent player now.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - WBA

by Ian Royal » 20 Feb 2016 18:20

A bit dour first half with neither team looking good going forward. But great second half, though we looked to be elsewhere the 5minutes either side of HT.

West Brom seem utterly reliant on Berahino winning them games and he looks lost and out of it.

Al-Habsi 8 hilarious header first half
Gunter 7 good game
Obita 8 good going forward
McShane 8 gave them nothing and scored
Cooper 8 much better today.
Hector 9 MotM cut out the hollywood crap and was immense
Norwood 7 better than recently, couple of great deadballs
Quinn 8 so hard working
Rakels 7 looked decent but not really a winger. Did a job
HRK 9 deserved a goal, and should have had one, caused lots of problems
Cox 7 worked hard, didn't look like scoring, but leading the line isn't his forte

John 8 caused all sorts of problems, super sub.
Vydra 7 offerred a liitle more than Cox but not fully fit
Piazon 8 did he do anything other than make the game safe?

McDermott 8

Great day.

Baggies went boing boing mental at the end fighting each other.

Anyone else spot Habsi diving into the East stand after the third? I fooking love him.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Feb 2016 18:35

Ian Royal Baggies went boing boing mental at the end fighting each other.

All to do with the coin that was thrown I assume.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Feb 2016 18:39

HRK excellent
Hector excellent (although their goal came from a huge hole that he possibly should have been standing in)
Gunter very good
Rare nod to the ref, thought he had a good game.

West Brom must hate coming to Reading. For no good reason we've become a real bogey team for them.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Feb 2016 18:40

PieEater I think Bryan got his tactics spot on, big Hec, Coops and McShane all had good games.

Similar formation to Burnley game.

Quinn totally outshone Norwood.

Not Cox's greatest fan but have to admit did the job he asked to do well. Likewise Rakels make an impressive debut. Particularly the tracking back and picking up a player to mark.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Feb 2016 18:40

One of the best atmospheres of recent times I think. The game seemed almost perfect

Ref - spot on I think, I barely noticed him. The game was so free flowing.

It was a great game in that there was no cynical fouls, no poor sportsmanship, no time wasting.

We went a goal down despite controlling the game but delighted we kept digging in. The players deserve praise as they all performed really well and never seemed to stop trying.

I want to personally mention Cox. I thought he was pretty good and better than I thought he'd be.

AAH - I really love this guy. Today showed his passion. We often have recently said how the players have no real connection with the fans. You can't say that about this guy.

Hector brilliant

John was impactive when he came on, great performance and at times trickery which worked and helped lead to a goal.

Gunter I thought was superb, as was Quinn and McShane. Cooper looked solid to me too.

I'm still singing the Piazon / ola John song.

Shame about the stupid wba fan who coined Brunt. Hate to see that type of thing and it led to them all having a bit of argy Bargy.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 20 Feb 2016 18:43

Ian Royal A bit dour first half with neither team looking good going forward. But great second half, though we looked to be elsewhere the 5minutes either side of HT.

West Brom seem utterly reliant on Berahino winning them games and he looks lost and out of it.

Al-Habsi 8 hilarious header first half
Gunter 7 good game
Obita 8 good going forward
McShane 8 gave them nothing and scored
Cooper 8 much better today.
Hector 9 MotM cut out the hollywood crap and was immense
Norwood 7 better than recently, couple of great deadballs
Quinn 8 so hard working
Rakels 7 looked decent but not really a winger. Did a job
HRK 9 deserved a goal, and should have had one, caused lots of problems
Cox 7 worked hard, didn't look like scoring, but leading the line isn't his forte

John 8 caused all sorts of problems, super sub.
Vydra 7 offerred a liitle more than Cox but not fully fit
Piazon 8 did he do anything other than make the game safe?

McDermott 8

Great day.

Baggies went boing boing mental at the end fighting each other.

Anyone else spot Habsi diving into the East stand after the third? I fooking love him.

Norwood, 2 assists - 7
HRK - zero assists zero goals - 9

:shock: :shock: :shock:

George_

by George_ » 20 Feb 2016 18:44

I love the FA Cup & I love this Football Club.

That is all.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 20 Feb 2016 18:48

It's years tills I get home but I'll respond anyway. It was fantastic today: great team selection, tactics and effort. Hector was my man of the match but maybe because I've got used to HRK playing so well on the right. WBA were soundly beaten.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 20 Feb 2016 18:49

Nothing fluked about the result, we outran and outplayed them, I Really enjoyed that, and also that at 0-1 down we can bring on Vydra and John, that's not bad quality to be fair. The atmosphere was great.

I left before the 3rd goal but it was no more than we deserved, I bet though we lose to Rotherham now!

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 20 Feb 2016 18:59

Superb team performance. Great comeback.

Al Habsi - didn't have a chance for their goal. Did well with what he had to deal with including a couple of saves after ref had blown for infringements. Although the 1st half header had me worried for a sec. Great celebration for our 3rd. 8
Gunter - solid, tireless. 7
Obita - if only he could whip in an early cross. Defensively good. 7
McShane - well taken goal, decent shot 1st half wasn't far wide. Solid at back. 8
Cooper - hasn't looked out of his depth either time he's been up against Prem strikeforces this season. 7
The only thing I'd say against the defending (not necessarily the defence) was they had way too much space in the lead up to their goal.
Norwood - much better than last week in open play. Two quality dead ball deliveries for the 1st & 2nd goal & a couple of other decent crosses. 7, maybe an 8.
Hector - showed how good he could be today. A rock in centre mid. Thoroughly deserved the goal & just edged MOTM for me from a number of contenders. 9
Quinn - looked a bit sluggish at times in 1st half but got better as game went on & really put in a shift both breaking up play and going forward. 7
Hal Robson-Kanu - on fire first half & was taking on as many Baggies players as would get in his way. More limited in opportunities 2nd half but still had his moments. Decent header in 1st half, Should have scored 2nd. Like watching a different player from previous seasons. 8
Rackels - ran all day and linked up well but not much in the way of chances. Promising. 7
Cox - a surprise appearance. Much like Rackels worked hard but nothing seemed to come off for them at that stage of the game. 7

Subs -
John - decent shot that went close, great assist for the 3rd, another fine cameo. 7
Vydra - see Rackels & Cox. 6
Piazon - only saw him touch the ball twice. Trapped the ball, scored. 7?

Thought West Brom fans were superb for the minute's applause. Not so whoever threw the plastic bottle at Al Habsi or the coin at Brunt.

Also, were our fans booing McClean for not wearing a poppy? Maybe those who booed him should read about where he was brought up first and why he doesn't wear one.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Feb 2016 19:05

Glad you mentioned:

- minutes applause - really well respected and joined in by the wba.

- McClean - I don't know why he was being boo'd. I thought it started mid way in the first half. Maybe he fouled one of our players? If he did I missed it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Feb 2016 19:06

harry Superb team performance. Great comeback.

Al Habsi - didn't have a chance for their goal. Did well with what he had to deal with including a couple of saves after ref had blown for infringements. Although the 1st half header had me worried for a sec. Great celebration for our 3rd. 8
McShane - well taken goal, decent shot 1st half wasn't far wide. Solid at back. 8
Cooper - hasn't looked out of his depth either time he's been up against Prem strikeforces this season. 7
The only thing I'd say against the defending (not necessarily the defence) was they had way too much space in the lead up to their goal.
Norwood - much better than last week in open play. Two quality dead ball deliveries for the 1st & 2nd goal & a couple of other decent crosses. 7, maybe an 8.
Hector - showed how good he could be today. A rock in centre mid. Thoroughly deserved the goal & just edged MOTM for me from a number of contenders. 9
Quinn - looked a bit sluggish at times in 1st half but got better as game went on & really put in a shift both breaking up play and going forward. 7
Hal Robson-Kanu - on fire first half & was taking on as many Baggies players as would get in his way. More limited in opportunities 2nd half but still had his moments. Decent header in 1st half, Should have scored 2nd. Like watching a different player from previous seasons. 8
Rackels - ran all day and linked up well but not much in the way of chances. Promising. 7
Cox - a surprise appearance. Much like Rackels worked hard but nothing seemed to come off for them at that stage of the game. 7

Subs -
John - decent shot that went close, great assist for the 3rd, another fine cameo. 7

Thought West Brom fans were superb for the minute's applause. Not so whoever threw the plastic bottle at Al Habsi or the coin at Brunt.

Also, were our fans booing McClean for not wearing a poppy? Maybe those who booed him should read about where he was brought up first and why he doesn't wear one.

I think they were booing him because he's a psycho thug.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 20 Feb 2016 19:06

harry Superb team performance. Great comeback.

Subs -

Booing McClean b/c he is a twat poppy or no poppy

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 20 Feb 2016 19:09

Parking/traffic chaos meant I didn't have time to put down my usual 3-1 bet :evil:

Quinn, Hector and HRK absolutely bossed that game.

Though Cox and Rackles were pretty good first half, won the ball a lot, pressurised their back line/midfield and kept things tight for 45min. We just didn't look like scoring ourselves

I am still HRK's biggest critic when he's on the left and through middle, but f*ck me has he become and immense right winger. Shame no-one gave him a run there years ago

MoM
HRK=Quinn>Hector=Copper>the rest

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Feb 2016 19:10

Is the quarter final match going to be on Saturday 12th March?

I had that day off work for Brighton away but cancelled it as I decided not to go.

Annoying as I don't know if I can get the day back off.

Not so csb

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 20 Feb 2016 19:12

Why can't they play like that every week-everybody played well even Cox-perhaps Vydra was a bit off ;but I suspect he wasn't fit.

Al Habs 10: couple of important saves.
Gunter 7: Pretty good.
Obita 7: Very comfortable all afternoon.
Mc Shane 9: Absolute rock. Very brave header for his goal.
Cooper 7: His sort of game-maybe slightly at fault for the goal.
Hector 9: Absolute colossus MOM with Quinn.
Norwood 7: Passing off the radar a few times-but two peaches of crosses for the goals.
Quinn 9: Works his socks off-always makes the right pass.
Kanu 7: Had a couple of chances 2nd half which he peed away-but gave it everything.
Cox 6: Didn't do much wrong; without making a real impact.
Denis 6: Kept going without looking dangerous. Didn't do much wrong.

John 7: A defensive liability-but is such a handful going forward.
Vydra 5: Give him the benefit of the doubt-shouldn't have played.
Piazon 8: He is so good technically; that there was no doubt about him scoring.

Baggies: Apart from ten minutes after their goal ,they were poor. A Pulis team conceding from two set pieces ?

Ref: Very good-what a difference from the last couple of weeks.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 20 Feb 2016 19:16

bobby1413 Is the quarter final match going to be on Saturday 12th March?

I had that day off work for Brighton away but cancelled it as I decided not to go.

Annoying as I don't know if I can get the day back off.

Not so csb

All four QFs will be televised so early/late Saturday then two on the Sunday.

Would take Watford at home now

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 20 Feb 2016 19:18

I'm normally one who fnds it very easy to find fault but for that game I've got nothing

Great performance
Great attitude
Great atmosphere - loving the Piazon Ola John song. As loud as it's ever sounded
Tactics spot on
Subs spot on

HRK And Hector outstanding
Gunter excellent
Not one of Norwoods best games yet he delivered two assists and made one excellent last ditch block on the line

Laughing at Baggies fans, fighting each other falling over

Great day - one to savour

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Feb 2016 19:20

bobby1413 Glad you mentioned:

- minutes applause - really well respected and joined in by the wba.

- McClean - I don't know why he was being boo'd. I thought it started mid way in the first half. Maybe he fouled one of our players? If he did I missed it.

Google him... It's a start.

170 posts