Back On the train- Charlton

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

Back On the train- Charlton

by PistolPete » 27 Feb 2016 17:36

Man for man, much better.

Hello John was too good for their right back, Kemit with a few moments of class. But, somehow, we needed a scrappy set piece to win it?!

Great atmosphere in the away end, pints need to be lined up Much quicker at half time ... ;)

It is what it is, We move on.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back On the train- Charlton

by Royal Ginger » 27 Feb 2016 18:38

Reading 4-3 Sonogo. Can't remember any of the rest of their team do anything of merit.

Through all the years I'd somehow not made it to the Valley before. I will not be rushing back. Awful shed of an away end with nothing like enough bar space, tiny seats and what has to be close to the worst view of the goal line in the football league.

No one stood out as brilliant, Kermorgant got his goals and an assist but faded, HRK worked hard, Obita was pretty good. No counter to Sanogo though, absolutely dominant against us.

Ola John...the sublime and the ridiculous. Dances round their defense one minute, falls over on the ball for no reason the next. Gave away the ball cheaply for their first.

Can't fault McDermott (other than maybe bringing on a clearly out of sorts Williams). The problem at the back was as simple as Sanogo being better than our defenders. He threw Rackels on at the end rather than settling again and hats off, it worked.

Obviously low on quality all round, but 7 goal thriller for a fiver? Don't mind if I do.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 27 Feb 2016 18:52

The highlights are already on the Sky Sports website and it looked a very open game!! Kermie's second goal was a peach and their third looked like it rebounded luckily off Sanogo into the net.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 27 Feb 2016 19:00

The goal that never was after his hand ball...we'd have been seeing that for some time.

Ref has a good game btw, Lino to our left was awful though.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 27 Feb 2016 19:06

Was going to ask what was up with the disallowed goal? Would have been up there with goal of the season.

From the highlights Ola John looked to be sensational.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 27 Feb 2016 19:39

Jagermesiter1871 Was going to ask what was up with the disallowed goal? Would have been up there with goal of the season.

From the highlights Ola John looked to be sensational.

For all the complaining (which I was a part of) it looked a pretty slam dunk hand ball. Sure it hit him, but his hands were up around his chest/neck.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Feb 2016 19:45

Well that went from the sublime to the ridiculous and back to the sublime. Good to see the old Reading spirit back after capitulating to 3-3 not so good to see the return of the Fulham style defensive collapse.

I know I keep going on about it but Gunter was dreadful. To allow the amount of crosses into the box that he does is absolutely inexcusable. They spotted he was the weak link and every attack they had was targeted down his side.

Difficult to judge man of the match as the second half undid all the work done in the first but I'd probably say John nabbed it despite his mistake for the first goal.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 27 Feb 2016 20:13

PistolPete Great atmosphere in the away end

Really? I thought, for the number of fans we had there, we were embarrassingly quiet.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Feb 2016 20:17

Irvinchangeyaname

Really? I thought, for the number of fans we had there, we were embarrassingly quiet.

Good to see fans from the opposition come on here. How did the protest go?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 27 Feb 2016 20:23

sandman
Irvinchangeyaname

Good to see fans from the opposition come on here. How did the protest go?

Maybe he was from the quieter left side of the stand. #shotsfired #rightsidearmy

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 27 Feb 2016 20:23

Good start to the game, good atmosphere but then somehow we lost it in the second half.

Not sure I can add too much analysis as I've really drunk too much beer, but it was good away win that should have been comfortable but somehow we had to work for it.

Meoci71

by Meoci71 » 27 Feb 2016 20:25

Was a very strange game for a high scorer, long periods of dross followed by a couple of mad spells in both halves!

Defences looked like being breached continuously when either team had good spells, thought al-habsi had another good game, despite conceding three.

Bit worrying to see Norwood having poor games against two of worst teams of the league this week, we really need him in these sort of games to control the midfield and provide ammunition to the wingers and kermit more often than he has been....

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 27 Feb 2016 20:33

Kermorgant spent too much time out wide.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 27 Feb 2016 20:38

Royal Ginger Kermorgant spent too much time out wide.

Agreed. If he had been more central he might have scored.

oh

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Feb 2016 20:51

Brilliant, excellent.....what more do you realistically want?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 27 Feb 2016 20:58

Amazing 1st half. Poor 2nd half but we won so who cares!

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 27 Feb 2016 21:20

Irvinchangeyaname

Sounded pretty loud in the first half in the radio, albeit much quieter in the second.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 27 Feb 2016 22:10

Snowball
Royal Ginger Kermorgant spent too much time out wide.

Agreed. If he had been more central he might have scored.

oh

Obviously I'm very happy when he scored. Perhaps I'm wrong and the fact that he got two goals means that he spent the full 90 minutes in the middle, but I (clearly wrongly) noted that he was often working the wing leaving no-one in the middle for a cross, resulting in a load of short passes and losing the ball. The bloke behind me wrongly noticed the same thing.

Realistically, he's a striker who scored two goals, excellent job, very happy, just thought If he'd been in the box a bit more he could have had his hat-trick+ and the game could have been killed off by 70 minutes.

I may be wrong, I admit that, it was just my subjective view.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Feb 2016 22:26

Lol @ Ady Williams on BBCB pre-game saying that Kerms is past it

Great signing for the now time

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 27 Feb 2016 22:31

Ady Williams is also the guy who said last week:

"I noticed the ball boys have made a return this week. Every time the ball went out, one would go and get the ball and throw it back in. Just like the old days"

And

"The west Brom fans in the ... What stand is that?" ... Tim says "south" ... "Yes the west Brom fans in the south stand"