It it worth buying a sesaon ticket for 2016/7

191 posts
Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: It it worth buying a sesaon ticket for 2016/7

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Apr 2016 16:42

Haag Royal To enhance the match day experience rather than trying to find more ways for me to part with more money just get rid of the feckin' PR bell end who shouts bollocks at the start of each game.

Now that's probably worth £25 alone.

I would happily to part with an extra £100 to see the back of the screaming bell end :evil:

As it is, have renewed in the Upper West this afternoon in order to secure seat close by for nephew.

If the new UW premium serves as an effective riff raff excluder that's fine by me :lol:

What about some heated seats up in Old Codger World :P

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 25 Apr 2016 16:44

No Fixed Abode
bobby1413
Marc89 http://www.readingfc.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/prices/

Prices are up here - £375 adult renewal in East Stand think thats the same as last year?

Yep - same as last year.

Renewing next week probably.

Surely you want a reduction?!

Why would I want a reduction? (Not withstanding that of course I'd love to pay less!)

It's been another shitty season but £375 I feel is good value. I generally enjoy the game and following the progress - or lack of. Got to take the rough with the smooth.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 25 Apr 2016 16:45

a truly shit season or 3 every now and then is good for you. builds the character.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 25 Apr 2016 16:50

Maneki Neko
I had hoped that the Thais were going to do something drastic to fill the seats up after the disappointing attendances of this season

They don't have to money to bail us out for big losses on a yearly basis.
we don't make enough money to finance the team.
our season tickets/day tickets were already pretty cheap, and that is one of the reasons we don't make enough money.
they need to ensure crowd numbers don't drop too much while at the same time ensure enough money is brought in to finance the running of the club.
If you think a club/owner in that position should really be dropping prices even further than the 50 quid they've just knocked off, I must respectfully disagree. it can only impact on the pitch, or the bank balance, and both of those areas are vital to the continued success of the club.

I understand - but if you look at the total income that season tickets bring in it's not actually that big a part of our revenue.

I reckon that RFC probably gets no more than £3M in total season ticket sales (after VAT). Ok, a bit of a chunk but it's probably around that same as what we spent to bring Vydra to the club this year. Imagine if someone had given the fans the choice at the start of the season of having free season tickets or Vydra?

Pretty much every fan that walks through the gates spends money at the ground. They buy replica kits (especially season ticket holders). They add to the total 'customer' figures that RFC can use when selling advertising and other marketing.

I honestly think that if the club brought all adult season ticket prices down to £200 then the worse case scenario would be that it costs the club maybe £1.5M in total. I think that positives of having more people in the ground would outweigh that.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 25 Apr 2016 16:50

If remaining in the Championship (and potentially being only a couple seasons away from what Leicester are accomplishing this season) is a shit season, I will take a shit season every time.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 25 Apr 2016 16:52

Elm Park Kid
Maneki Neko
I had hoped that the Thais were going to do something drastic to fill the seats up after the disappointing attendances of this season

our season tickets/day tickets were already pretty cheap, and that is one of the reasons we don't make enough money.
they need to ensure crowd numbers don't drop too much while at the same time ensure enough money is brought in to finance the running of the club.
If you think a club/owner in that position should really be dropping prices even further than the 50 quid they've just knocked off, I must respectfully disagree. it can only impact on the pitch, or the bank balance, and both of those areas are vital to the continued success of the club.

I understand - but if you look at the total income that season tickets bring in it's not actually that big a part of our revenue.

I reckon that RFC probably gets no more than £3M in total season ticket sales (after VAT). Ok, a bit of a chunk but it's probably around that same as what we spent to bring Vydra to the club this year. Imagine if someone had given the fans the choice at the start of the season of having free season tickets or Vydra?

Pretty much every fan that walks through the gates spends money at the ground. They buy replica kits (especially season ticket holders). They add to the total 'customer' figures that RFC can use when selling advertising and other marketing.

I honestly think that if the club brought all adult season ticket prices down to £200 then the worse case scenario would be that it costs the club maybe £1.5M in total. I think that positives of having more people in the ground would outweigh that.

#

why not go all out then, just give em away for free

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 25 Apr 2016 16:54

Go down the Dortmund route of cheap tickets?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 25 Apr 2016 17:01

its a very different financial structure for football in Germany.

I think clubs could easily do so in the prem, where TV money covers all the spending, but not in the championship, and not for a club like ours

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 25 Apr 2016 17:05

Maneki Neko its a very different financial structure for football in Germany.

I think clubs could easily do so in the prem, where TV money covers all the spending, but not in the championship, and not for a club like ours

Huddersfield and Wigan both drastically reduced season ticket prices for next season so no sure I buy that argument.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Apr 2016 17:35

My Dad and I will renew our season tickets, then my nephews can come along for free, we brought the older one with us this season, we'll make the younger one suffer alongside us next season.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 25 Apr 2016 18:01

lol at those grateful at a price freeze for a product of decreased quality.

Some people really are there for the taking...

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 25 Apr 2016 18:15

Libertine If remaining in the Championship (and potentially being only a couple seasons away from what Leicester are accomplishing this season) is a shit season, I will take a shit season every time.

if we had £130m of investment I would tend to agree with you ...

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 25 Apr 2016 19:46

P!ssed Off lol at those grateful at a price freeze for a product of decreased quality.

I will be 70 yrs old next year. I have supported Reading FC since I was 10 yrs old. I have supported them through the good times and the bad times and the good times have overwhelmingly dominated the last 16 years. So - of course - I will be buying a season ticket for next year and will continue to support the club I have always supported. Not 'there for the taking' - just 'loyal'.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 25 Apr 2016 20:19

marlowuk
P!ssed Off lol at those grateful at a price freeze for a product of decreased quality.

I will be 70 yrs old next year. I have supported Reading FC since I was 10 yrs old. I have supported them through the good times and the bad times and the good times have overwhelmingly dominated the last 16 years. So - of course - I will be buying a season ticket for next year and will continue to support the club I have always supported. Not 'there for the taking' - just 'loyal'.

Yeah, well done you...
Completely missed the point though.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 25 Apr 2016 20:34

Top Flight I think the club really need to look at the social aspect alot more. Because when the football is sh*t that is what keeps you going. And at Reading the social side of it is pretty bad at the moment. There is alot that they need to work on.

Have you got any suggestion as to how this could be improved?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 25 Apr 2016 20:35

marlowuk

Good man! A true supporter.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 Apr 2016 20:37

Decreased quality from last year?

Did you go, at all?

Infact have you gone recently, at all?

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 25 Apr 2016 20:41

Elm Park Kid
Maneki Neko

At the end of the day though, the club would see it as a ludicrous prospect to just completely write off £1.5 mill. At the end of the day, the club is a business, and on a day to day and month to month basis, pay its employees (both football and business side).

A £375 investment across nine months is just over £40 a month. It's really not a bank breaker.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 25 Apr 2016 20:42

LWJ

Decreased quality from last year?

Did you go, at all?

Infact have you gone recently, at all?

The team starting next season will be far worse than the one that started this one.

Decreased quality.
Not sure how you could disagree with that.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 Apr 2016 20:47

P!ssed Off The team starting next season will be far worse than the one that started this one.

Decreased quality.
Not sure how you could disagree with that.

You aren't ITK so I can comfortably disagree. Please feel free to show me solid evidence it will be 'far worse'.

Performances have improved recently, results haven't admitted. Still a lot better than the dross we had under Adkins, then Clarke at beginning and end of his reign.

Like I said, you evidently don't attend games judging by your recent tripe.

191 posts