It it worth buying a sesaon ticket for 2016/7

191 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: It it worth buying a sesaon ticket for 2016/7

by genome » 28 Apr 2016 10:00

I personally don't mind not hearing the people around me, as they are all Stone Island mouthbreathing thundercunts.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Apr 2016 10:26

genome I personally don't mind not hearing the people around me, as they are all Stone Island mouthbreathing thundercunts.

+1000

I just wish I could block out the shitehawk behind me who insists on giving a running update of the scores in every other game. It would be nice to be able to watch MOTD without knowing in advance what has happened.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 28 Apr 2016 11:22

Hark at Bob and Terry over there

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 28 Apr 2016 14:10

- it starts with getting into the ground. Have the Board ever tried to drive to the ground around 2.15 up the A33 and then park in the public car parks?

I have, a million times, never really had a problem.
- the catering at the ground is shocking. Trying to buy a decent drink before the game is a lottery as to which of the catering staff has been trained to either pull a pint or serve a bovril. Always hit and miss.
think the food and beer have been much better in recent years, better quality, better selection. staff usually poor at start of season, but get better as you go on.
- the pre match PR bloke is such a bell end that none of the Board hear him as they don't get to their seats in time
cant disagree with that, but then, just don't go to your seat till hes gone, sorted.
- the pre match music is soooo loud you cant speak to your mate next to you.
pre match and half time music is massively improved, some decent tunes, the return of the girdler and ashes. like it. if you don't, wait till its stopped.
- the game itself is a relief after all the stress of what has gone on before!
this season, not so much
- after the game can the club not sort out the buses and cars? People leave early to get away before the barrier goes down for the buses.
I wait till the final whistle every game, then walk don't the seats and straight out, round the stadium, down the hill and am in the car before the buses have left.
Again the Board don't see this chaos outside as they do not need to experience it.
"Chaos!!!!" :roll:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 28 Apr 2016 14:11

shitehawk behind me who insists on giving a running update of the scores in every other game

this is oxf*rd annoying.
im at a reading game, im clearlky a reading fan, I honestly couldn't give a shiny shit about the premiere league games on that day, shut the oxf*rd up before I launch your stupid phone onto the pitch

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Apr 2016 14:22

Maneki Neko I wait till the final whistle every game, then walk don't the seats and straight out, round the stadium, down the hill and am in the car before the buses have left.

Good. Anyone who doesn't do this is a clown. I saw so many Spurs leaving on the TV on Monday at about 86mins.

EIGHTY SIX MINUTES: they had FOUR minutes (of normal time) left of their entire season and couldn't stay to support their o*ford team!! Should've stayed in their 2-bed semi in Tilehurst then shouldn't they, preferably in the back garden where they could insert their hollow, insignificant heads into a large pile of sand. Repulsive bunch of ostriches.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Apr 2016 18:26

Elm Park Kid I don't really agree with the idea that the only way you can get more fans is by having more success. Sure getting into the Prem encourages a large number of casuals to turn up to watch the 'big' teams, but how many stick around? In the last 10 years we've had:

3 Seasons in the Premier league
2 Championship title seasons
2 Play off finish seasons (one leading to a play off final).
1 FA Cup semi final finish

Yet we're still struggling to get 14,000 of our own fans to every game.

I'm not saying there's any easy solution but surely we have a high enough population in the area to do better?

I agree with a lot of the points about it no longer being easy or cheap enough to go to games. My first elm park matches were literally me and my friends deciding at 2:30 on a Saturday to go and watch the game. We need to get people into the habit of thinking of Reading as an option of some reasonably priced entertainment - like going to watch a film at the cinema. It's only once they start going on a regular basis just for fun rather than because of the results that they will stick around.

In our second lowest divisional finish outside the top flight in about 18 years, following immediately on from our lowest divisional finish outside the top flight for about 18 years, having won a pathetic 32% of our home league games over the last four seasons.

Despite finishing 7th a couple of seasons ago, we haven't had an actively good season about four years, when considering home performance which is what the vast majority of fans see. That's a lot of time for the attraction of previous success to have eroded and to have struggled to recruit new young fans to replace normal attrition, let alone anyone who chose to give up because of the poorer performance.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 01 May 2016 00:00

John Smith EIGHTY SIX MINUTES: they had FOUR minutes (of normal time) left of their entire season and couldn't stay to support their o*ford team!!

I don't leave early, but I can easily understand people who've parked in the club car park thinking it's not worth being stuck in there for an hour just to watch another four minutes of crap.

As for the question about season tickets...if you are going to go most of the games next season...yes it is. It you are going to go to just a few, then no, it isn't. HTH.

It's difficult to make much of a case for wanting to go to most games next season though. I think if the ginger lad who sits towards the back of Y25 could maybe add a second word to his vocabulary, rather than spending 90 minutes sounding like a tourrettes sufferer with an incredibly limited range, it would ease at least one part of the pain.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 01 May 2016 03:19

Elm Park Kid I don't really agree with the idea that the only way you can get more fans is by having more success. Sure getting into the Prem encourages a large number of casuals to turn up to watch the 'big' teams, but how many stick around? In the last 10 years we've had:

3 Seasons in the Premier league
2 Championship title seasons
2 Play off finish seasons (one leading to a play off final).
1 FA Cup semi final finish

Yet we're still struggling to get 14,000 of our own fans to every game.

I'm not saying there's any easy solution but surely we have a high enough population in the area to do better?

I agree with a lot of the points about it no longer being easy or cheap enough to go to games. My first elm park matches were literally me and my friends deciding at 2:30 on a Saturday to go and watch the game. We need to get people into the habit of thinking of Reading as an option of some reasonably priced entertainment - like going to watch a film at the cinema. It's only once they start going on a regular basis just for fun rather than because of the results that they will stick around.

I have to agree. We must have the most pathetic fickle fans in the country. We have had a couple of crap seasons so what? It's Reading for christ sake. I bet Swindon would have liked are last two crap seasons. It happens in football just becuse we had a couple of seasons in the Prem means we have no devin right to up there every year. There are much bigger clubs with great history's who are in the same boat or in some cases worse than us. WE ARE NOT A BIG CLUB. We never have been never will be. We don't have a billionaire owner to bail us out like some clubs. With a club like us you have to suffer the bad seasons to enjoy the good ones. And they will return one day.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 May 2016 15:47

The last ST I bought was in 2009/10 having been a ST holder since about 1983. It got to the stage that I had to go to games to justify having the ST and not necessarily because I wanted to go. It was a habit that I am no longer addicted to.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 01 May 2016 16:19

Terminal Boardom The last ST I bought was in 2009/10 having been a ST holder since about 1983. It got to the stage that I had to go to games to justify having the ST and not necessarily because I wanted to go. It was a habit that I am no longer addicted to.

You're not missing anything ...

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 May 2016 00:13

Dave-Royal
Longhorn1970
Terminal Boardom The last ST I bought was in 2009/10 having been a ST holder since about 1983. It got to the stage that I had to go to games to justify having the ST and not necessarily because I wanted to go. It was a habit that I am no longer addicted to.

You're not missing anything ...

next season u watch top8

Nah. Top 12 :shock:

Cactuswood1

by Cactuswood1 » 02 May 2016 07:43

Haag Royal Agreed its not just about success on the pitch. The club must try and understand its the whole match day experience that frankly those on the Board due to their special status probably are not even aware of.

- it starts with getting into the ground. Have the Board ever tried to drive to the ground around 2.15 up the A33 and then park in the public car parks?
- the catering at the ground is shocking. Trying to buy a decent drink before the game is a lottery as to which of the catering staff has been trained to either pull a pint or serve a bovril. Always hit and miss.
- the pre match PR bloke is such a bell end that none of the Board hear him as they don't get to their seats in time
- the pre match music is soooo loud you cant speak to your mate next to you.
- the game itself is a relief after all the stress of what has gone on before!
- after the game can the club not sort out the buses and cars? People leave early to get away before the barrier goes down for the buses. Again the Board don't see this chaos outside as they do not need to experience it.

I could go on but I can imagine that the people who make the decisions are blissfully unaware of how dreadful the whole experience has become.

This is my issue, apart from the dire football the whole match day experience is awful. To meet with mates have a beer / tea and watch a team that has desire. Rather win but if they have tried and I've had a good shout so be it if a lose. When all of the above plus more is awful it is hard to want to renew my ticket.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 02 May 2016 10:31

In for next year along with my two lads. It should be an interesting year as the club transitions from parachute money to a strategy that begins to leverage the investment in the academy. There will also be a significant reduction in wages as loanees return and some of the higher earns leave (out of contract and / or sold) so I would expect a decent level of investment to replace them in order to supplement the infusion of youth.
There are actually very few senior pros I'd really want to remain at the club at present so I don't mind who leaves although I'd err on the keep side with Norwood, McShane ,Quinn and Rackells and build from there. HRK leaving is already a done deal I believe. The others all either have regular defensive mistakes in them or are unable to perform at a consistent level so change is fine with me. I'd especially like to cash in on Danny Williams if possible and use the money bolster the kitty.
Aside from that I hope Millwall go up to add in an away game to replace Charlton and MKD and I also hope the club find some more parking options. My two lads and I always run back to the car to beat the traffic but the older one has just started beating me for the first time. It's only a matter of time before the young fella starts thrashing me as well !

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 May 2016 15:46

Dave-Royal
OLLIE KEARNS In for next year along with my two lads. It should be an interesting year as the club transitions from parachute money to a strategy that begins to leverage the investment in the academy. There will also be a significant reduction in wages as loanees return and some of the higher earns leave (out of contract and / or sold) so I would expect a decent level of investment to replace them in order to supplement the infusion of youth.
There are actually very few senior pros I'd really want to remain at the club at present so I don't mind who leaves although I'd err on the keep side with Norwood, McShane ,Quinn and Rackells and build from there. HRK leaving is already a done deal I believe. The others all either have regular defensive mistakes in them or are unable to perform at a consistent level so change is fine with me. I'd especially like to cash in on Danny Williams if possible and use the money bolster the kitty.
Aside from that I hope Millwall go up to add in an away game to replace Charlton and MKD and I also hope the club find some more parking options. My two lads and I always run back to the car to beat the traffic but the older one has just started beating me for the first time. It's only a matter of time before the young fella starts thrashing me as well !

HRK not a done deal lad still talking to Swansea Watford Southampton

Lad, If I HRK. I go Swansea. Wales fan love HRK.

Me not go Watford Southampton.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 May 2016 19:22

It's a nice try to cover your tracks Dave/Top Flight but you've given the game away.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 May 2016 21:29

sandman It's a nice try to cover your tracks Dave/Top Flight but you've given the game away.

:D :D :D I can honestly tell you that I am not Dave.

I just find the way he speaks really interesting. And you all say he is putting on an act, so I just tried posting in his style to see if I could do it. I'm not the first nobber to post like Dave. Others have tried posting In his style too.

It's funny how he can keep up the act for so long if it is really an act. Maybe that really is his style?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 May 2016 21:30

Dave-Royal
Top Flight
Dave-Royal HRK not a done deal lad still talking to Swansea Watford Southampton

Lad, If I HRK. I go Swansea. Wales fan love HRK.

Me not go Watford Southampton.
yes agreed are you renew your season ticket ?

Yes I renew ticket east stand

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 May 2016 09:00

I just wanted to say what a crappy season it's been, but I will be renewing and as with every year I'm already looking forward to the new season. A whole new season of hope... which hopefully won't be shattered within the first few weeks.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 03 May 2016 09:49

Absolutely Bobby. I'm with you on that. I've renewed and am looking forward to watching and supporting the monumentally challenging rebuild that Brian will begin to undertake this summer.

He has a mammoth job on his hands and patience and understanding is the order of the day. My only expectation for next season is the preservation of Championship status. My hope is that Brian can pull off a miracle and achieve a lot more than that. But if he can keep us in the division then that will be a job well done. From there he will have established a good base from which he can build again the following season and solve some of the weaknesses that we will undoubtedly have in our side next term and which will be analysed and criticised to death on HNA, BBCRB, twitter and everywhere else that Reading fans frequent.

We have every right to criticise but if we are great supporters then we should support them as well from the terraces vociferously and roar them on to glory. We should try and bring back the old South Bank spirit and let the players know that underperformance will be met vociferously from the terraces as well. In the old Elm Park days, players didn't really dare underperform because they knew the South Bank wouldn't be silent about it. They didn't want that shame.

191 posts