BFTG Preston

127 posts
Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Preston

by Royal Ginger » 30 Apr 2016 22:37

Barrett was excellent, other than Rackels everyone else was on holiday.

Not seen a player look more out of position than Gunter on the left today for a long time. Absolutely zero confidence in his own foot.

McShane was crap, no doubt, but as a slight mitigating factor he was bullied by Beckford and his cronies from the first whistle. Every chance to put him on the deck they took. When the ref clearly wasn't in the carding mood they just got worse.

Speaking of the ref, anyone else see him gallop up the pitch when we were breaking quicker and in a better position than any of our offence at the end of the forst half? I was almost willing Norwood to play him in.

Al-Habsi saving that one on one was special but also typical of how awful Cooper was today. Constantly miles out of position, accident prone and seemingly no idea what's going on in the match. He's better than that. He should be disappointed.

I stayed for the wet lap afterwards but only because they announced the busses were being held. They might as well have announced that they were locking the doors.

Bob1871

by Bob1871 » 30 Apr 2016 22:44

A completely effortless performance, McDermott should be ashamed. Look back 6 years last game of the season we won 6-0 at home and set us up for the next season!! Set up all wrong, too many players playing in the wrong positions and lacking any width. Only highlight was Barrett in the 2nd half

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 30 Apr 2016 22:53

Royal Ginger I stayed for the wet lap afterwards but only because they announced the busses were being held.

The buses were not held. Once they were full of supporters fleeing from the disaster of a match, they went!!

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 30 Apr 2016 22:58

wingnut It's time we ditched the obsession with possession and moved back to a way of playing that better suits our bunch of cloggers.

Prefer the cloggers left and that we continue to work on a style of play. As doesn't just apply at 1st team level but throughout the club. McD
would have learnt a lot working at Arsenal. Going to take time to implement the same ideas at Reading.

Be interesting to see who makes the team coach next week.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 30 Apr 2016 23:22

"I've got an idea. If we fail to win our 6th game on the bounce and look reminiscent of Sunday pub team, let's whack on Sweet Caroline again, so the stupid fans do really think these are good times, and get the players to do a lap of appreciation whilst the annoying tannoy guy thanks the fans for the 100th time for their vociferous support this season".

Whichever pleb at the club calls these types of decisions, I hope you have a truly SH1T bank holiday. Everyone not employed by RFC knows we are currently terrible. Its cringey and coupled with the performance we look a joke of a club. Don't come back next year. Pleb.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Apr 2016 23:39

Today reinforced why I won't be renewing next season.

I can't see Brian being backed in the summer for transfers required. Huge rebuilding, bring through the youth I say!!

Glad the season is over!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Apr 2016 23:42

Adkins (whose hand was somewhat forced) played the youngsters at the start of his season and got slated by the afficionados on here

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 01 May 2016 00:07

royalp-we "I've got an idea. If we fail to win our 6th game on the bounce and look reminiscent of Sunday pub team, let's whack on Sweet Caroline again, so the stupid fans do really think these are good times, and get the players to do a lap of appreciation whilst the annoying tannoy guy thanks the fans for the 100th time for their vociferous support this season".

Whichever pleb at the club calls these types of decisions, I hope you have a truly SH1T bank holiday. Everyone not employed by RFC knows we are currently terrible. Its cringey and coupled with the performance we look a joke of a club. Don't come back next year. Pleb.

Believe it or not they do focus groups on the match day experience - fans they talk to actually enjoy stuff like that. They have stats to back it up ( :!: ). I agree with you but if the whole stadium sings along to sweet caroline and respond to the PA guys rallying then why would the club change it?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 May 2016 00:33

Because they are cnuts?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 01 May 2016 00:43

AthleticoSpizz Adkins (whose hand was somewhat forced) played the youngsters at the start of his season and got slated by the afficionados on here
f
But if you look back at that period, our results were no worse than than have been in the 18 months or so since. Look at what Barrett did for 45 minutes today and Fosu at the end of last season. Better and more talented tha this other bunch of twats we have at the moment

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 01 May 2016 03:51

loyalroyal4life Today reinforced why I won't be renewing next season.

Gr8 user name

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 May 2016 06:18

:D

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 May 2016 08:33

blueroyals
royalp-we "I've got an idea. If we fail to win our 6th game on the bounce and look reminiscent of Sunday pub team, let's whack on Sweet Caroline again, so the stupid fans do really think these are good times, and get the players to do a lap of appreciation whilst the annoying tannoy guy thanks the fans for the 100th time for their vociferous support this season".

Believe it or not they do focus groups on the match day experience - fans they talk to actually enjoy stuff like that. They have stats to back it up ( :!: ). I agree with you but if the whole stadium sings along to sweet caroline and respond to the PA guys rallying then why would the club change it?

Are any of the fans they talk to aged over 12?

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 01 May 2016 09:14

I was so busy sending an email, that I almost missed the most entertaining part of the afternoon - the guy in Y26 getting ejected and then returning - that is how engrossed I was yesterday. :o

Totally agree with 3Pts re Gunter, I was also underwhelmed when he got a new contract. I keep hearing on BBC Berks what a great athlete he is - well if that is the case he should Piss Off to the Olympics and not come back!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 01 May 2016 09:37

Sutekh
blueroyals

Are any of the fans they talk to aged over 12?

Yes, but don't worry they do include a few immature self-centric ones too so you might get a call.

royal67

by royal67 » 01 May 2016 09:41

blueroyals

But if they keep asking the same group of spaktards they will always get the same answer......

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 01 May 2016 10:24

Yesterday clearly demonstrated how demotivated the players are. End of season, nothing the win or lose so only a token effort put in at best by most players. Hammond has left, two loan players gone, no loanees in the starting line-up.
Look back at the start of the season, Williams, Mcleary and Norwood are very good players, but yesterday you have to wonder what is going through their minds. Whilst a lot of players will leave in the summer, there will be a core that will / should stay, hopefully. So I have to ask, why are they so demotivated ?, the fans still paid the same price for this game as any other. It's the managers job to motivate the team to put in maximum effort and win a game. So that questions sits firmly with McDermott. LLLLDL

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 01 May 2016 10:34

Left bang on full time. The situation, performance and weather reminiscent of a recent season, a friend said it was just last year, how soon we forget. Laughable that the club serve up the dross that they do from focus groups, try speaking to the East stand. Better still, save the money on the focus groups and have a bloke check HNA each evening, oh just what the fans do. Did anybody notice that the re-introduction of the Faithless intro seemed to generate from a focused berate of Sweet Caroline on HNA the week before. Love Sweet Caroline, but it's not sung, it's overplayed and is not match build up play.

Not happy, not renewing.

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

by Dennis the Butler » 01 May 2016 10:49

Don't agree with this 'loved up' feeling for McDermott tbh .. people keep saying it's not his team, give him a summer to get his own player's in blah blah blah .. Warnock doesn't seem to have had the same problem at Rotherham, winning game after game since he went in and he had no prior knowledge of the player's he would be managing .. and now with Hammond gone I think the glory day's are now well and truly over .. hope to be proved wrong mind but I just can't see it myself.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 May 2016 11:02

I was wondering if players like Norwood, McShane and Gunter were coasting a bit yesterday because of the Euros. Gunter in particular looked like he didn't want to get out of first gear. There was a moment when Preston were breaking in the second half and he was basically jogging back.

I am hoping McDermott changes the system over the summer too, and puts some wingers on the pitch. I've banged on about this for weeks now, we have no width and pace. Which is okay when you've got technical players with skill and a range of passing and crossing, but... :? It just makes us so easy to play against.

127 posts