No
54%

Total votes: 155
Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: What is the point in HRK

by Woodcote Royal » 12 Jun 2016 19:05

Ian Royal Seriously can't understand how Woodcote has lasted about 15 years posting on here without bursting some major blood vessels.

That's because I haven't

Unlike you, and a number of equally sad twats here, I spend most of my life in the real world where the less mentally challenged have no need to express the same opinion 42,000 times.

What a sh*t hole this place has become..........................until the next time, bye!!!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Jun 2016 22:39

Woodcote Royal
Ian Royal Seriously can't understand how Woodcote has lasted about 15 years posting on here without bursting some major blood vessels.

That's because I haven't.

Back to full health I hope?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Jun 2016 13:14

HRK may be like Blackman, performs well with the right combination of manager and tactics. None of which he found at Reading.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 13 Jun 2016 13:40

Since Hal has rejected Reading and moved on, shouldn't this thread now be in "General Football"?

FWIW, I agree with those who say he was talented but lazy when in a Reading shirt unless playing for a contract. Salako was the same.

I'd rather have a team of "flawed but honest" players eg Nicky Forster, Graeme Murty or Jamie Mackie than "talented but lazy" players such as HRK, Royston Drenthe, Mass Sarr etc.

To be clear though, what I would really rather have is a team of talented and honest players, but we all know such a thing is not possible, is it Leicester?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 13 Jun 2016 14:03

My take on Hal's performance the other day for Wales was that they were on the ropes when he came on and he completely changed the game - not just the goal but they started to get forward and he made a big difference. I have also seen him play many good games for Reading and think he is a big loss to us. Although admittedly at some points in his career he has gone missing for weeks at a time. A great shame he did not show greater consistency for us.

But he will almost certainly be playing in the PL next season and we will be trying to avoid L1 and so I would say he has had the last laugh!

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 14 Jun 2016 09:23

CeLOLtic

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Jun 2016 10:42

Binfield Royal Since Hal has rejected Reading and moved on, shouldn't this thread now be in "General Football"?
Has his contract expired/been paid up or does it end on 30/06/06?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Jun 2016 10:49

Binfield Royal Since Hal has rejected Reading and moved on, shouldn't this thread now be in "General Football"?

FWIW, I agree with those who say he was talented but lazy when in a Reading shirt unless playing for a contract. Salako was the same.

I'd rather have a team of "flawed but honest" players eg Nicky Forster, Graeme Murty or Jamie Mackie than "talented but lazy" players such as HRK, Royston Drenthe, Mass Sarr etc.

To be clear though, what I would really rather have is a team of talented and honest players, but we all know such a thing is not possible, is it Leicester?

Lies, damn lies.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 14 Jun 2016 10:56

Everybody in football knows and understands what a great player Hal Robson Kanu is. The Wales supporters appreciate all of the good work he does, even if he doesn't score a lot of goals.

Reading fans, mainly nobbers, don't really understand football and seem to want all the good footballing people out of our club. Great footballing minds like Brian McDermott are accused of being tactically inept and quality footballers like Robson Kanu and Gunter who was also sensational for Wales, but wasn't really doing anything differently to what he usually does on a Saturday afternoon for Reading are accused of laziness and lacking of desire and passion.

HRK and Gunter are very good footballers.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 14 Jun 2016 10:57

Forbury Lion
Has his contract expired/been paid up or does it end on 30/06/06?

I think we can assume he has been given/handed in his notice, relieved of his duties and had his key-card and email disabled

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Jun 2016 11:43

Was looking at an article about HRK and good lord is his girlfriend thin, either that or the camera angle makes her look it.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 14 Jun 2016 11:54

Wow, she looks very delicate. Got to be careful.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 14 Jun 2016 12:48

She obviously doesn't each much of what her wealthy family are involved in-potatoes.
I wonder if our ex-player is following suit as he didn't look as chunky as he usually does the other night.
It will be interesting to see which Premier League club he ends up with especially as in every interview he goes on (still) about seeing himself as a Premier League player.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 14 Jun 2016 12:57

He is being watched in France by his model girlfriend Haley Bartlett, who posted a message on Twitter following his goal reading: 'I could just burst with excitement!’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/euro20 ... z4BYM5BkYM

Bit like eating a crisp then?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jun 2016 13:05

It's not going to happen of course but wouldn't it be amusing if no PL club showed the slightest interest in HRK.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jun 2016 14:59

Top Flight Everybody in football knows and understands what a great player Hal Robson Kanu is. The Wales supporters appreciate all of the good work he does, even if he doesn't score a lot of goals.

Reading fans, mainly nobbers, don't really understand football and seem to want all the good footballing people out of our club. Great footballing minds like Brian McDermott are accused of being tactically inept and quality footballers like Robson Kanu and Gunter who was also sensational for Wales, but wasn't really doing anything differently to what he usually does on a Saturday afternoon for Reading are accused of laziness and lacking of desire and passion.

:|

Robson-Kanu
2015/16: 36 appearances - 5 goals
2014/15: 36 appearances - 4 goals
2013/14: 37 appearances - 4 goals
Total: 109 appearances - 13 goals - a goal every 8 games. What a forward!

Yes, his recent exceptional record speaks for itself in terms of his excellent contribution to Reading's current period of unprecedented success. :roll:

He simply hasn't performed here for at least three years. Forgive us if most of us don't give a crap about him staying given his rather large wages.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 14 Jun 2016 20:54

tidus_mi2 Was looking at an article about HRK and good lord is his girlfriend thin, either that or the camera angle makes her look it.

He looks like he's celebrating next to the corner flag.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 14 Jun 2016 21:02

Top Flight Everybody in football knows and understands what a great player Hal Robson Kanu is. The Wales supporters appreciate all of the good work he does, even if he doesn't score a lot of goals.

In the same way that everyone in football knows that the Dutch know nothing about football because they haven't qualified for the Euros? You are the wold's shittest troll. And your golf balls are crap.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 Jun 2016 09:24

My comments about the Dutch not knowing anything about football because they didn't qualify for the Euros was a joke. It was just banter.
Some of you lot need to lighten up a bit and not take every comment so seriously.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 Jun 2016 09:34

Ian Royal

:|

Robson-Kanu
2015/16: 36 appearances - 5 goals
2014/15: 36 appearances - 4 goals
2013/14: 37 appearances - 4 goals
Total: 109 appearances - 13 goals - a goal every 8 games. What a forward!

Yes, his recent exceptional record speaks for itself in terms of his excellent contribution to Reading's current period of unprecedented success. :roll:

He simply hasn't performed here for at least three years. Forgive us if most of us don't give a crap about him staying given his rather large wages.

When he has been fit, he has played for us this season mostly in wide areas and has been very effective. We were more solid with Robson Kanu in the team than we were in his absence. Our loss of form happened as soon as Robson Kanu got injured. That wasn't co-incidence.

He put a lovely cross in for Danny Williams to score against Middlesborough. He did the same for Orlando Sa at Brentford. Hal is a quality player. When he did play up front in a strikers role against Slovakia for Wales, he scored. When you have players like Aaron Ramsey playing clever passes in the box, it gives a striker a chance. You don't seem to understand that this is a team game Ian. You build teams around quality players like Robson Kanu.

Gunter is an outstanding right back as well. You don't have the best eye for players Ian Royal. You would rather replace these guys with weaker players and get us relegated. Fortunately Jaap is the manager and not you. Gunter could be a key player with the right team mates and playing in the right set up. Our better players haven't had that in recent seasons because of poor leadership. Hopefully that will finally change now and we'll get some continuity and build something.

881 posts