Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Binfield Royal » 22 Aug 2016 11:25

Stand out post for me because of the Irony (as the poster also has a link to his blog about homophobia which implies he is all about tolerance and acceptance etc) and because at the end, he sounds like a spoilt little queen.

0 Not allowed!
This is exactly why Reading are up in my top three despised teams. Every single time I've seen them play they've wasted time from the off, committed snide little fouls and some not so snide and their fans are relentlessly churlish.

That whole thing last season before our game with them "You might be top but that's because you haven't played any decent teams yet". Yes, Reading, because you lot are such a powerhouse in this division.

Hate them, hate them, hate them.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 22 Aug 2016 11:30

Obsessed
RattLOLed
lol

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 22 Aug 2016 11:32

Binfield Royal Stand out post for me because of the Irony (as the poster also has a link to his blog about homophobia which implies he is all about tolerance and acceptance etc) and because at the end, he sounds like a spoilt little queen.

0 Not allowed!
This is exactly why Reading are up in my top three despised teams. Every single time I've seen them play they've wasted time from the off, committed snide little fouls and some not so snide and their fans are relentlessly churlish.

That whole thing last season before our game with them "You might be top but that's because you haven't played any decent teams yet". Yes, Reading, because you lot are such a powerhouse in this division.

Him earlier

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Aug 2016 11:42

Binfield Royal Stand out post for me because of the Irony (as the poster also has a link to his blog about homophobia which implies he is all about tolerance and acceptance etc) and because at the end, he sounds like a spoilt little queen.

0 Not allowed!

Just surprised he didn't qualify that with 'But I don't actually care about them because they're tinpot.'

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Aug 2016 12:18

I know a lot of fans are blind to their own teams faults so I don't blame Brighton fans for ignoring Siddy's constant fouling. Or Murray's constant moaning and dissent towards the officials, which wasn't punished in the same way that Van Den Berg was for his first yellow. That's not even mentioning his blatant dive in the corner, trying to get Van Den Berg sent off just after JVDB's first yellow.

Don't even blame them for ignoring their number 8 going down more times than Jenna Jameson either.

Kermogant's tackle was poor, no doubt about that, but even Hughton said it was just a yellow.
Last edited by sandman on 22 Aug 2016 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 22 Aug 2016 13:45

I knew they'd be like this, I mean FFS Brighton supporters really are some of the world's worst one-eyed bleaters.

Agreed with sandman. Every supporter is blind to a degree towards their own team, but come on lads, a 5-page thread on a particularly poor tackle when your own no.8 Jiri Skalak shouldn't even have played in the match because of his own pre-meditated leg breaker in their match against Forest? Double standards much? I bet there wasn't a 5-page thread dedicated that that "challenge". And while I agree it should have been a red for Kermogant , Chris Hughton came out afterwards and stated on record he felt the challenge was reckless. Law 12 - reckless = "Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned."

They hated Nigel Adkins in part because of the alleged cheating from his time at Saints (hello, Gus Poyet manager anyone?). Fair enough, I can understand that nobody likes a cheat, but you have to take it in the perspective of your own squad. For all of his undoubted talent, by far the biggest cheat in this division is Anthony Knockaert. They have Skalak, Kayal and Hemed who also like to fall down under minimal contact, it happened at least half a dozen times in the first 15 minutes. They're no different to any other side, it's irritating when it's not in your favour but get real guys, Brighton are far from the footballing angels their supporters would have us believe.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Aug 2016 13:47

Lol@ fans getting worked up about what fans of other clubs have to say.
Nearly all fans are blinkered, it is how it is and every ref or lino is supposedly biased.
I walked to the game and back with some of their fans who were a bit disappointed with their performance but felt that a draw was about the right result and that the ref (as Jones always does) had no control of the game.

As I saw it Sidwell was doing what none of our midfielders do, tackling-I wish we had a young Sidwell in our team and a dominating centre-back like Dunk who these fans were still frightened of losing before the window closes.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Aug 2016 13:51

Pepe the Horseman

0 Not allowed!

Just surprised he didn't qualify that with 'But I don't actually care about them because they're tinpot.'

That's generally the way it goes.

"I don't care about Reading so much."

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Aug 2016 14:21

"I'm so indifferent about them it makes my blood boil."

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 14:34

My Goodness.... I can't believe those Brighton fans. They really do have some kind of superiority complex don't they? I posted a little message on their "Kermorgants tackle" thread a few minutes ago. Basically the same thing I posted on our BFTG thread but with a little bit of added banter and plenty of respect and humility and straight away they show that they have no sense of humour whatsoever.

My Post...

Good afternoon Brighton and Hove Albion fans or should I say Reading & Hove Albion. Half your team consist of ex Reading players (Sidwell, Norwood, Rosenior & Murray). That's probably why you're so good these days.

I just thought I'd come on and say that I was absolutely disgusted with Kermorgant on Saturday. I had a clear view of everything that took place and I was not impressed with him at all.

Rosenior gave him a little elbow to the ribs a moment earlier which the referee should have punished but let go. So Yann decided to take justice into his own hands and as soon as Rosenior had the ball and Yann started sprinting after him, you could see exactly what was on Kermie's mind. A premeditated assault on a Brighton player. Yann should have got a straight red for that challenge. It was sickening really. He could have ended Rosenior's season.

A few minutes later, Sidwell landed one on the back of Kermie's head and Kermie just had to accept the punishment. He knew he deserved it and he knew that what he did moments earlier was horrible and much worse.

I hope Rosenior is alright and as a Reading fan, I apologise on his behalf. Very disappointing behaviour from Kermorgant to be honest. I think he regretted the challenge afterwards. I don't think he expected it to end Rosenior's match. The hot headed southern european.

It was a good game though, we're gonna struggle this season, but you look a class outfit. Hopefully you'll go all the way this year.

The first reply...

Just for the record, Murray and Sidwell were at the Albion before they stepped down to help Reading progress onto bigger things.
Other than that, I think you make a fair assessment but, the Reading player in question should be making the apology, not you, but then, I certainly don't expect that, do you

Murray and Sidwell were at Albion before they stepped DOWN to help Reading............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They are hilarious. They really are!

At the time, Sidwell joining Reading was a step up from Brighton. They were playing at the Withdean in those days. He joined us from Arsenal, not Brighton. He was only at Brighton on loan. Murray came to us on loan from Palace, not Brighton.
Anyway, I was just giving them a bit of banter. They could have responded with some banter. Instead their superiority complex came back at me.
Last edited by Top Flight on 22 Aug 2016 14:46, edited 2 times in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Aug 2016 14:41

Just tell them that Murray has now stepped down to help Brighton from Palace, they should take that well!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Aug 2016 14:46

Apologise? Anyone would think Kermorgant had done a Brock Lesnar and smashed Rosenior's head in.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 14:47

You mean Bournemouth....

I tell you what though. Whitehawk fans are apparantly just as bad. What I'm hearing from the Wealdstone fans.

Must be something in the water down in Brighton

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Aug 2016 14:49

Top Flight You mean Bournemouth....

No, Murray went from Brighton -> Palace -> Reading -> Bournemouth -> Brighton, so the logic works.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 22 Aug 2016 14:52

Top Flight My Goodness.... I can't believe those Brighton fans. They really do have some kind of superiority complex don't they? I posted a little message on their "Kermorgants tackle" thread a few minutes ago. Basically the same thing I posted on our BFTG thread but with a little bit of added banter and plenty of respect and humility and straight away they show that they have no sense of humour whatsoever.

My Post...

Good afternoon Brighton and Hove Albion fans or should I say Reading & Hove Albion. Half your team consist of ex Reading players (Sidwell, Norwood, Rosenior & Murray). That's probably why you're so good these days.

I just thought I'd come on and say that I was absolutely disgusted with Kermorgant on Saturday. I had a clear view of everything that took place and I was not impressed with him at all.

Rosenior gave him a little elbow to the ribs a moment earlier which the referee should have punished but let go. So Yann decided to take justice into his own hands and as soon as Rosenior had the ball and Yann started sprinting after him, you could see exactly what was on Kermie's mind. A premeditated assault on a Brighton player. Yann should have got a straight red for that challenge. It was sickening really. He could have ended Rosenior's season.

A few minutes later, Sidwell landed one on the back of Kermie's head and Kermie just had to accept the punishment. He knew he deserved it and he knew that what he did moments earlier was horrible and much worse.

I hope Rosenior is alright and as a Reading fan, I apologise on his behalf. Very disappointing behaviour from Kermorgant to be honest. I think he regretted the challenge afterwards. I don't think he expected it to end Rosenior's match. The hot headed southern european.

It was a good game though, we're gonna struggle this season, but you look a class outfit. Hopefully you'll go all the way this year.

The first reply...

Just for the record, Murray and Sidwell were at the Albion before they stepped down to help Reading progress onto bigger things.
Other than that, I think you make a fair assessment but, the Reading player in question should be making the apology, not you, but then, I certainly don't expect that, do you

Murray and Sidwell were at Albion before they stepped DOWN to help Reading............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At the time, Sidwell joining Reading was a step up from Brighton. They were playing at the Withdean in those days. He joined us from Arsenal, not Brighton. He was only at Brighton on loan. Murray came to us on loan from Palace, not Brighton.
Anyway, I was just giving them a bit of banter. They could have responded with some banter. Instead their superiority complex came back at m

Seriously going on to their site to apologise, cringeworthy doesn`t even come close.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 22 Aug 2016 15:27

anyone else remember Bobby Zamora throwing a football in the face of one of our ballboys in temper (ie, he meant it...)?

An ill timed tackle is one thing, but losing it and striking a minor...?

Stones and Glass Houses spring to mind.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 22 Aug 2016 15:34

Reading can take lessons from the fans of many clubs in this division. But not Brighton.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 22 Aug 2016 15:53

windermere_royal
Top Flight My Goodness.... I can't believe those Brighton fans. They really do have some kind of superiority complex don't they? I posted a little message on their "Kermorgants tackle" thread a few minutes ago. Basically the same thing I posted on our BFTG thread but with a little bit of added banter and plenty of respect and humility and straight away they show that they have no sense of humour whatsoever.

My Post...

The first reply...

Anyway, I was just giving them a bit of banter. They could have responded with some banter. Instead their superiority complex came back at m

Seriously going on to their site to apologise, cringeworthy doesn`t even come close.

I'm normally the first to refute claims of our fans embarrassing us but this is fvcking pathetic, the Brighton fans should of given him much more stick

TF is jay isn't he?

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 22 Aug 2016 16:01

Silver Fox TF is jay isn't he?

would explain quite a lot tbh

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 22 Aug 2016 16:16

My Post...

The first reply...

Anyway, I was just giving them a bit of banter. They could have responded with some banter. Instead their superiority complex came back at me.

I am afraid Top Flight you lose all credibility when you use the word "banter" -just wrong on so many levels.

4464 posts