Play Off Final Tickets

752 posts
double d

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by double d » 24 May 2017 20:49

The Informant
double d
paultheroyal
Pricing hasn't worked though because although Exeter have sold a decent 14,500 so far, Blackpool have sold 2000 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Admittedly that's in protest, but 2000 is just terrible.

Why are they protesting still? They are in the play off final ffs.

Why aren't you attending our game? Nothing to even protest about and you're still not coming.

Shut up the infomant. What are you snitching on anyway?

Anyway how do you know I haven't got one of the cheaper ones with some people anyway?

And so what if I don't go? Maybe I want to spent my money on loads of better things then a football game that will finish after couple hours.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 24 May 2017 21:08

RoyalBlue
Top Flight
RoyalBlue
Fortunately our postman lives just two doors away so no problem for me. He's a QPR fan and did threaten me that my tickets would mysteriously disappear when I told him about them on Saturday. However, he is a proper fan, following them home and away regardless of fortunes.

Contrast to the complete arse QPR supporter who lives next door - a true fair weather supporter who makes a big thing of flying QPR flags, playing their crappy Chas and Dave style songs etc. to rub my nose in it on the rare occasion when they have achieved something and he has turned up at a game, and then immediately deserts them when they start losing. :twisted: He gets even more wound up when I don't rise to the bait, so if things go well on Monday it will just be a smug look from me (although last time we couldn't resist letting off a large rocket in recognition of Mike Lewis' comment the season we went up after winning the first 13 games on the trot) and if things go badly and he is crowing, a look of pity towards the poor retard!

You have a lot of QPR fans around you. Do you live in Reading or West London? Or somewhere else?

Outskirts of Northwest London so yes, a fair amount of fake hoops around. However, not the only Royals supporter in this neck of the woods either. Have seen people wearing the proper hoops and cars with stickers/scarves etc.

Me too. I'm Ruislip. Where are you?

I'm surrounded by fake bloody hoops. They're everywhere.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 24 May 2017 21:26

Top Flight
RoyalBlue
Top Flight
You have a lot of QPR fans around you. Do you live in Reading or West London? Or somewhere else?

Outskirts of Northwest London so yes, a fair amount of fake hoops around. However, not the only Royals supporter in this neck of the woods either. Have seen people wearing the proper hoops and cars with stickers/scarves etc.

Can either of you suggest any decent pubs near a tube station at any of the stops between Ruislip and Harrow?

double d

by double d » 24 May 2017 21:34

Scutterbucketz
Top Flight
RoyalBlue

Can either of you suggest any decent pubs near a tube station at any of the stops between Ruislip and Harrow?

When i loved in harrow there was a decent spoons by harrow on the hill tube station... something under the moon I think it was called

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 24 May 2017 21:38

Sutekh
Jackson Corner
paultheroyal

I know Morgan Evan, he is a Leeds fan and is winding you up.

By Friday evening we shifted over 28000 tickets. Do you really think we have only then shifted another 3000 Saturday, Sunday, Monday?

Pay day this week, those folk will clear the remainder, chill out.[

I;m not that shocked we have'nt sold all our tickets. The pricing is scandalous for what is a championship game of football. Lets face it non of us are going to get much change out of £200 for a day out.

Haven't Reading taken between 35-40k for all other Wembley/Millennium Stadium visits? Wouldn't see this one being any different

According to the end of season VHS, we took 32,000 to the Millennium - which is about half the stadium. Given that the game in Cardiff was before we'd become an established second tier side, that's actually pretty impressive. Albeit, ticket prices were probably much cheaper for that game.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 24 May 2017 21:47

double d
Scutterbucketz
Top Flight

When i loved in harrow there was a decent spoons by harrow on the hill tube station... something under the moon I think it was called

Yeah, Moon on the Hill. It's looking like Harrow has the most pubs near it, but would prefer something better than a Spoons. However, it's looking like slim pickings.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 24 May 2017 21:58

Clyde1998
Sutekh
Jackson Corner
I know Morgan Evan, he is a Leeds fan and is winding you up.

By Friday evening we shifted over 28000 tickets. Do you really think we have only then shifted another 3000 Saturday, Sunday, Monday?

Pay day this week, those folk will clear the remainder, chill out.[

I;m not that shocked we have'nt sold all our tickets. The pricing is scandalous for what is a championship game of football. Lets face it non of us are going to get much change out of £200 for a day out.

Haven't Reading taken between 35-40k for all other Wembley/Millennium Stadium visits? Wouldn't see this one being any different

According to the end of season VHS, we took 32,000 to the Millennium - which is about half the stadium. Given that the game in Cardiff was before we'd become an established second tier side, that's actually pretty impressive. Albeit, ticket prices were probably much cheaper for that game.

We were the best supported team at the play offs that weekend. Beating the two teams in the championship final.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 May 2017 22:00

Top Flight
RoyalBlue
Top Flight

Harefield.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 May 2017 22:20

Scutterbucketz
double d
Scutterbucketz

Yeah, Moon on the Hill. It's looking like Harrow has the most pubs near it, but would prefer something better than a Spoons. However, it's looking like slim pickings.

There's The Castle on Harrow on The Hill (Fullers) but it's about a 15-20 minute walk from Harrow on The Hill Station.

There's the Middlesex Arms a real ale pub (albeit possibly a bit rough) next to South Ruislip Station and you can get the Chiltern Line to Wembley Stadium from there.

Alternatively come in along the Watford Branch of the Met Line and try The Queens Head at Pinner.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 24 May 2017 22:30

Totally pathetic IMHO.
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/sport ... g-13082830
Football is all about the highs and the lows, and the lows make the highs better.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 24 May 2017 22:50

RoyalBlue
Scutterbucketz
double d

There's The Castle on Harrow on The Hill (Fullers) but it's about a 15-20 minute walk from Harrow on The Hill Station.

There's the Middlesex Arms a real ale pub (albeit possibly a bit rough) next to South Ruislip Station and you can get the Chiltern Line to Wembley Stadium from there.

Alternatively come in along the Watford Branch of the Met Line and try The Queens Head at Pinner.

Cheers bud. The Castle looks decent.

DW Pinner

by DW Pinner » 25 May 2017 06:55

Scutterbucketz
RoyalBlue
Scutterbucketz

Cheers bud. The Castle looks decent.

It's a bit of a long walk mate and a bit of a shit hole. Would go Pinner, drink at Queens Head or Oddfellow Arms them Met line only 15 mins to Wembley by tube and easy parking next to station by Sainsbury's £3.50 for the day.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 25 May 2017 08:22

TheLawnMowerMan Totally pathetic IMHO.
Football is all about the highs and the lows, and the lows make the highs better.

He was working for a national in 95? How old is this guy? I assumed mid 30's by his pics and video's on the getreading website, which would make him between 13-17??

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 May 2017 08:28

M U R T Y
TheLawnMowerMan Totally pathetic IMHO.

He was working for a national in 95? How old is this guy? I assumed mid 30's by his pics and video's on the getreading website, which would make him between 13-17??

I think he was writing for the post in the 80's, certainly been around a long time.
Not been too impressed with some of the stuff he's done for GetReading recently, trying to be 'controversial' without any substance. Presumably having to write to. 'GetReading' brief....

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 25 May 2017 08:33

Not sure what GetReading will think about their RFC reporter not going to arguably their biggest game for many years - how will they get the clicks?!

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 25 May 2017 09:23

M U R T Y Not sure what GetReading will think about their RFC reporter not going to arguably their biggest game for many years - how will they get the clicks?!

The article is not by JL its by Russell Kempson. :D

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 25 May 2017 09:56

aha! yeah he doesn't look mid-thirties!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 May 2017 09:58

Got mine now 8)

The Informant

by The Informant » 25 May 2017 10:23

genome Got mine now 8)

113?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 May 2017 10:34

It appears Huddersfield have sold out and now requesting additional 500 more. Hats off to them.

752 posts