CONFIMRED - Leandro Bacuna

134 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Leandro Bacuna

by CountryRoyal » 14 Aug 2017 09:32

From a villa supporting mate
Hahahaa. He has some technical ability but zero brain. You'd be bang on to think that. I couldn't tell you his best position. Not cm tho most likely RB. If he gets in your starting XI kiss bye to play offs.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Aug 2017 10:09

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... year_deal/

LEANDRO Bacuna has completed his highly anticpated switch to Reading FC from Championship rivals Aston Villa.

The Dutchman, 25, penned a four-year deal at Madejski Stadium which was finalised on Saturday morning.

The versatile midfielder watched Royals' 1-1 draw against Fulham and is available for selection in tomorrow's clash against his former club.

Villa boss Bruce once described the Dutchman as a "test" for a manager but Royals' manager Stam was determined to bring his fellow countryman to Berkshire.

"Leandro is a player that we have been following for a while," stated Stam.

"He has played Premier League football and brings quality to us.

"He is the type of player who can play in several positions in the team – in midfield, at the back, or even sometimes as a winger.

"He is a player with the right mentality and who wants to go forward; these are the types of players that we want to have.”

Bacuna began his career with Dutch outfit FC Groningen having risen through the club's academy ranks.

He reprimanded by Villa boss Bruce earlier this year for 'chestbumping' a linesman after a decision did not go his way in a Championship clash against Derby County.

And the former Manchester United defender blasted Bacuna's attitude.

"With Leo it’s all about himself," Bruce told the Birmingham Mail back in February.

“He tests the manager every day.

"He’s always late. He’s in at 9.29am if we’re in at 9.30am. If it’s 1pm, he’s here at 12.59pm.

“He just makes a habit of being late. Maybe it’s just his nature."

Now I'm no expert but if I arrive somewhere at 9.29am when I'm expected at 9.30am then I'm usually told I'm early. Perhaps it's different up north or something.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 14 Aug 2017 10:31

I didn't realise he was Dutch.
So far the Dutch invasion has been about 6/10 when mainly considering Joey and Beerens.
I thought this guy was a full-back but unfortunately he may be a "utility" player, i.e one who is quite good wherever he plays or one that is not very good wherever he plays.
Let us hope it is the former.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Aug 2017 11:20

LWJ
MeMeMe True.... but Kelly is only 21 and shows much more in terms of presence, effort and overall ability.

:roll: Don't let the fact Kelly is 'one of our own' cloud your judgement. All 3 midfielders have shown that they have great potential, but to suggest Kelly is miles ahead of them is laughable.

To put it in perspective for you, Kelly has now equalled his goal tally in 21(9) Championship games last year. Or a goal every 1812 minutes. His presence contributed 5 assists in that time as well. He averaged a rating of 6.71 across the season. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/26947 ... Liam-Kelly

Swift played a total of 34(5) games last year, averaging a goal every 356 minutes, and contributing 4 assists. With an average rating of 6.84. Now I appreciate that this was his second season, and he is 5 months older than Kelly so here's his first full seasons stats from his time at Brentford; 23(4) appearances. A goal every 273 minutes, 4 assists and an average of 6.94. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/14910 ... John-Swift

Evans on paper performs the worst, but then he isn't an attacking midfielder so it would be expected he doesn't contribute as much going forward. Last year was his first full season, making 27(11) appearances, averaging a goal every 1284 minutes and contributing 2 assists. His rating over the season was 6.55. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/12129 ... orge-Evans

Kelly is 21, he turns 22 in November. Swift is 22 he turned 22 in June this year. Evans is 22 and turns 23 in December. There is less than a year separating the lads in age, yet Evans and Swift get so much stick and are expected to carry the team....

I love and good stat and all that, but I'd like to summarise - in Kelly, Swift and Evans we have an incredibly young midfield, and should accept they will have bad games as well as good.

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 14 Aug 2017 11:37

My cousin is down for the game tomorrow and has just texted me this....

"Just seen you've signed Bacuna, we should have paid you to take him. A truly awful player"

Let's hope he scores the winner.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Aug 2017 11:40

Sutekh "He’s always late. He’s in at 9.29am if we’re in at 9.30am. If it’s 1pm, he’s here at 12.59pm.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 14 Aug 2017 11:48

Sanguine
I love and good stat and all that, but I'd like to summarise - in Kelly, Swift and Evans we have an incredibly young midfield, and should accept they will have bad games as well as good.

I think really that is my overall point, i just forgot to summarise so thanks :) . Bacuna brings a bit more experience to the midfield which is exactly what we need.

I don't expect a perfect game week in week out, but have got fed up with the Swift and Evans bashing combined with the Kelly love in.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Aug 2017 11:53

Sutekh http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/readingfc/15471236.READING_FC__Leandro_Bacuna__once_described_as_a__test__by_Steve_Bruce__joins_Royals_on_four_year_deal/

LEANDRO Bacuna has completed his highly anticpated switch to Reading FC from Championship rivals Aston Villa.

The Dutchman, 25, penned a four-year deal at Madejski Stadium which was finalised on Saturday morning.

The versatile midfielder watched Royals' 1-1 draw against Fulham and is available for selection in tomorrow's clash against his former club.

Villa boss Bruce once described the Dutchman as a "test" for a manager but Royals' manager Stam was determined to bring his fellow countryman to Berkshire.

"Leandro is a player that we have been following for a while," stated Stam.

"He has played Premier League football and brings quality to us.

"He is the type of player who can play in several positions in the team – in midfield, at the back, or even sometimes as a winger.

"He is a player with the right mentality and who wants to go forward; these are the types of players that we want to have.”

Bacuna began his career with Dutch outfit FC Groningen having risen through the club's academy ranks.

He reprimanded by Villa boss Bruce earlier this year for 'chestbumping' a linesman after a decision did not go his way in a Championship clash against Derby County.

And the former Manchester United defender blasted Bacuna's attitude.

"With Leo it’s all about himself," Bruce told the Birmingham Mail back in February.

“He tests the manager every day.

"He’s always late. He’s in at 9.29am if we’re in at 9.30am. If it’s 1pm, he’s here at 12.59pm.

“He just makes a habit of being late. Maybe it’s just his nature."

Now I'm no expert but if I arrive somewhere at 9.29am when I'm expected at 9.30am then I'm usually told I'm early. Perhaps it's different up north or something.

Depends on the context. I know that when England won the rugby world cup, it was expected that for any team meeting/training it was expected that players would be there 30 mins before the stated start time, so that they could be changed, have the usual small talk and get in the right frame of mind for the session. I would imagine this has filtered through other sports, so could well be that that Bruce is referring to.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Aug 2017 11:57

Then Bruce should've just told him the start time was 9:00, then he'd turn up on time

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Aug 2017 12:03

genome Then Bruce should've just told him the start time was 9:00, then he'd turn up on time

Its very common in work that you're expected to be ready to go at your start time, not only just arriving.

Clearly that should have been spelled out to Bacuna. But it certainly doesn't speak of an engaged and enthusiastic team player.

Hopefully he just wanted out and will het on with our squad and Stam. Probably a degree of exageration from Bruce too.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Aug 2017 12:47

LWJ
Sanguine

I think really that is my overall point, i just forgot to summarise so thanks :) . Bacuna brings a bit more experience to the midfield which is exactly what we need.

I don't expect a perfect game week in week out, but have got fed up with the Swift and Evans bashing combined with the Kelly love in.

I'd also add that, maybe perversely given their current performances, I reckon it's Evans who has the highest ceiling.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Aug 2017 13:39

Sanguine
LWJ
Sanguine

I'd also add that, maybe perversely given their current performances, I reckon it's Evans who has the highest ceiling.

Kelly's pad

Swift's pad

Evans' pad

Looks like you're right there

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Aug 2017 13:48

Sanguine
LWJ
Sanguine

Fair enough. Maybe I'm guilty of said Kelly love in but from the moment I saw him play for us he just looked a cut above. Obviously he's still young and going to be inconsistent but the way he plays the game just seems to stand out more than the rest.

If he starts to add more goals to his game (which he's currently doing) I honestly see him going very far.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 14 Aug 2017 13:49

I hope he does well and puts one past Villa tomorrow night if only to stick up two fingers to the racists who abused him during his time there. I was speaking to a Villa supporting friend last night who has heard him referred to as Leandro Baboona by some other Villa fans because he's black and likening his features to that of one of the monkey species, which is pretty shocking. I can't remember the last time I actually heard something racist at football.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Aug 2017 14:02

trueroyal1871 I can't remember the last time I actually heard something racist at football.

Bristol City away last season. Mad celebrations and a bit of goading and banter to the city players (why they thought it was sensible to have the tunnel going right through the away end I'll never know).

Unfortunately some were more vociferous including one particular tool who said "fcuk off you black pcunt".

Last thing I've heard particularly and in the grand scheme of things and certainly comparable to a lot of the world (and even England) not that bad, still totally uncalled for, unnecessary, unacceptable and downright moronic.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 14 Aug 2017 14:12

CountryRoyal
trueroyal1871 I can't remember the last time I actually heard something racist at football.

Bristol City away last season. Mad celebrations and a bit of goading and banter to the city players (why they thought it was sensible to have the tunnel going right through the away end I'll never know).

Unfortunately some were more vociferous including one particular tool who said "fcuk off you black pcunt".

Last thing I've heard particularly and in the grand scheme of things and certainly comparable to a lot of the world (and even England) not that bad, still totally uncalled for, unnecessary, unacceptable and downright moronic.

I think sometimes people let their emotions get the better of them and they say something totally stupid which in any other situation in life they probably wouldn't dream of saying something like that. Of course there are some people who are just ignorant and / or generally unpleasant people who still hold such views. Either way you're right, it's totally uncalled for.

I thought it was odd having the tunnel go through the away end, they must get some serious abuse going through there.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 14 Aug 2017 15:36

I think it was a temporary thing. New tunnel to new dressing rooms at Ashton Gate now, nowhere near the Away end.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Aug 2017 15:54

What is all this bull about Kelly being 22?

It's clear that the club are lying about his age and he's only 12

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 14 Aug 2017 16:28

Brian Tevreden needs a larger suit.

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 14 Aug 2017 17:28

LWJ
MeMeMe True.... but Kelly is only 21 and shows much more in terms of presence, effort and overall ability.

:roll: Don't let the fact Kelly is 'one of our own' cloud your judgement. All 3 midfielders have shown that they have great potential, but to suggest Kelly is miles ahead of them is laughable.

To put it in perspective for you, Kelly has now equalled his goal tally in 21(9) Championship games last year. Or a goal every 1812 minutes. His presence contributed 5 assists in that time as well. He averaged a rating of 6.71 across the season. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/26947 ... Liam-Kelly

Swift played a total of 34(5) games last year, averaging a goal every 356 minutes, and contributing 4 assists. With an average rating of 6.84. Now I appreciate that this was his second season, and he is 5 months older than Kelly so here's his first full seasons stats from his time at Brentford; 23(4) appearances. A goal every 273 minutes, 4 assists and an average of 6.94. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/14910 ... John-Swift

Evans on paper performs the worst, but then he isn't an attacking midfielder so it would be expected he doesn't contribute as much going forward. Last year was his first full season, making 27(11) appearances, averaging a goal every 1284 minutes and contributing 2 assists. His rating over the season was 6.55. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/12129 ... orge-Evans

Kelly is 21, he turns 22 in November. Swift is 22 he turned 22 in June this year. Evans is 22 and turns 23 in December. There is less than a year separating the lads in age, yet Evans and Swift get so much stick and are expected to carry the team....

Stats and figures are one thing... overall performances and effort are another. I has been clear to me that Swift in particular looks jaded, his effort has been lacking. He has ability and that is clear to see, yet his application is poor. Evans less so, he demonstrates little to suggest he has anything to shine above others at this level. So..to put this into perspective for you.... stats and figures ,ay tell one story, but it's your overall input, effort, approach, skill and determination that will win though. Kelly is miles ahead in this respect.

134 posts