Back from the shambles - Brum

179 posts
Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from the shambles - Brum

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Jan 2018 22:00

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 02 Jan 2018 22:03

Sounds like a good guy and was cracking defender in his day but enough is enough, time to go. Gourlay shouldn't have had that clown like interview before the game either, what was he thinking?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 02 Jan 2018 22:03

tee peg
Sutekh ParPhrasing slightly but in essence the openong After match interview question with Jaap

Tim. Jaap that was dreadful
Jaap. No, not at all

:shock: :lol:

this is a wind up............?

Nope - it was a real Brendan Rodgers moment except you can actually hear Tim shitting his pants when he said it.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Jan 2018 22:05

I'm trying to figure out if that was as miserable as the 0-3 Wimbledon game. The weather was the same at least. I was almost hoping for a 3rd just to compare....

What the fukking fukk is with playing 1 up front and a holding midfielder. At home. Against the team bottom of the league. And chasing the game

I miss the days of McDermott's game-changing subs where you'd go to the edge of your seat knowing we were gonna throw the kitchen sink after the win or go down fighting.....Feds coming up for late corners..... This is just 1 dimensional, 1 paced tedium

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 02 Jan 2018 22:08

FiNeRaIn Sounds like a good guy and was cracking defender in his day but enough is enough, time to go. Gourlay shouldn't have had that clown like interview before the game either, what was he thinking?

Didn't hear it :( back the manager nonsense ?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 02 Jan 2018 22:10

Royal With Cheese
tee peg
Sutekh ParPhrasing slightly but in essence the openong After match interview question with Jaap

Jaap. No, not at all

Nope - it was a real Brendan Rodgers moment except you can actually hear Tim shitting his pants when he said it.

Lol - Next question "we're you watching the same game jaap ?"

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 02 Jan 2018 22:12

Dear oh dear. Not sure whether that was worse than Barnsley Football wise but I had more fun up north :( non existant atmosphere (understandable) terrible drop of heads by the players and then Stam coming out and questioning the fans. Disappointing all round. Ah well if we make a run for the FA Cup I'll be back for it.

Also. Any theories about Yann standing alone on the pitch starring towards long after the whistle?

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 02 Jan 2018 22:15

10539.4 Miles Away Dear oh dear. Not sure whether that was worse than Barnsley Football wise but I had more fun up north :( non existant atmosphere (understandable) terrible drop of heads by the players and then Stam coming out and questioning the fans. Disappointing all round. Ah well if we make a run for the FA Cup I'll be back for it.

Also. Any theories about Yann standing alone on the pitch starring towards long after the whistle?

Fair play to you for staying to the final whistle.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Jan 2018 22:16

10539.4 Miles Away

Probably asking himself why he signed a years extension.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 02 Jan 2018 22:16

tee peg
10539.4 Miles Away Dear oh dear. Not sure whether that was worse than Barnsley Football wise but I had more fun up north :( non existant atmosphere (understandable) terrible drop of heads by the players and then Stam coming out and questioning the fans. Disappointing all round. Ah well if we make a run for the FA Cup I'll be back for it.

Fair play to you for staying to the final whistle.

+1

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 02 Jan 2018 22:17

Royal With Cheese
tee peg

Jaap. No, not at all

I don't blame him really

It did make me think though, would you like to be the person that tells Jaap we don't need him any more?!

Maybe nobody has the balls to do it?
He may never leave!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Jan 2018 22:19

tee peg

Jaap. No, not at all

Nope. Stam *actually* refuses to see a problem. Apparently there's nothing wrong with the system either because it works for other teams.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Jan 2018 22:21

I stayed to the end...... so many others were leaving I just figured I'd have a better chance of getting out of the car park if I stayed till the end

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Jan 2018 22:23

I can't believe you're all so fickle. After the 1-1 Barnsley draw everyone loved Stam for being an absolute legend and we let in two unlucky goals in an otherwise flawless performance reminiscent of the 106-team and suddenly you all want Stam out. By the way I'm joking. I need to sleep.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 02 Jan 2018 22:23

Snowflake Royal
tee peg
Royal With Cheese

Very good point.

It is looking significant. Did we bring anyone in to replace him? Did we promote from the Academy, or are we just running the first team a coach short?

If Stam does go, can we have a clear out of the medical and fitness team as well? Because that side of things appears to have been a shambles for about a decade now.

Didnt they go when Clarke joined?

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 02 Jan 2018 22:23

John Madejski's Wallet I stayed to the end...... so many others were leaving I just figured I'd have a better chance of getting out of the car park if I stayed till the end

:lol: :lol:

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 02 Jan 2018 22:24

2 world wars, 1 world cup
tee peg

Jaap. No, not at all

Nope. Stam *actually* refuses to see a problem. Apparently there's nothing wrong with the system either because it works for other teams.

PSG and Man City ??!

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 02 Jan 2018 22:25

Its a numbers game. Every time they attacked they pushed up with numbers. Every time we attacked we still had 7 players in our own half.

Stam is completely tactically inept. He keeps saying its the players aren't doing what he asks. Is he saying our players want to keep playing sideways and backwards? Does he think we are all clueless? Its your system Stam!!! Nothing else!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Jan 2018 22:25

Longhorn1970
2 world wars, 1 world cup
tee peg

PSG and Man City ??!

If it works for them it should work for us. The players must be taking the mick I guess...

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 02 Jan 2018 22:25

Christ almighty. Passionless. Spineless. Clueless. Abject misery.

I've been 'fortunate' enough to see three games this season - Wolves, Burton and Brum at home. For 45 minutes we looked quite good against Wolves and each half has just got more depressing since then.

McShane, van den Berg and Clement should be nowhere near the first team. Simples. Kermogant is spent. Aluko is farcical. (And GMac was completely inept when he came on this evening.)

I feel sorry for Moore, Barrow and Swift ... although he was yet again at fault for losing the ball deep in the Brum half for the second this evening.

I reckon Stam has a massive stash of Dutch herb because that is the only reason he persists with vdB, certainly, and can't think to start with Bod, Evans, Popa, or Watson (now he's back from injury.)

Complete and utter cockwomble. It's time to go.

Thank god I'm back to the Middle East on Friday ... and hope we have a new manager by the time I come back in five weeks.

UPDATE:
1) On the bright side I had a couple of decent pints of Snowdonia in the Greyfriar
2) The complete tools sitting behind me on the bus back to the station..... Kin L. They made Nobbers sound razor sharp... ;-)
Last edited by Dick Habbin's hairdo on 02 Jan 2018 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

179 posts