Back from the shambles - Brum

179 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the shambles - Brum

by Royal Rother » 03 Jan 2018 11:26

We have had some managers who talk bollox after games for sure, but no-one comes close to Stam.

I was tempted to record last night’s pathetic interview, then type up a transcript to review but spending any more time than listening live to that twat’s voice would have sent me round the twist.

People say he’s a clever bloke, deeply intelligent.... absolute tripe. Yes he can string lots of words together very quickly but in reality they make no sense, even from a footballing perspective.

He is useless.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Jan 2018 11:32

RoyalBlue
Victor Meldrew
genome Anyway, can we talk about how fcuking hilarious it was when Gunter thundered that ball into the Brum player's bollocks?

It was probably the best thing I've seen all season.

That just about sums Gunter up-dead 'ard when he is 40 yards away and when he wellied the ball into the crowd after the game.
It's a shame that he doesn't show the same intensity when the game is going on.
He may not have been the worst last night but he epitomises the team being physically and mentally weak when the going gets tough-the same goes for Aluko and Clement.
As for Joey I have (boringly perhaps) been saying all season that the pub player should not be there-we don't need an immobile defensive midfielder especially when we are at home to the bottom club who hadn't won away all season.

Apologies for the name-dropping but in a conversation with Sir Steve some years ago he said that he set the team up but it was left to the players to use their own intelligence for working things out on the pitch-it strikes me that Stam (as per his interviews) insists on TELLING the players what to do.

'As per his interviews'? :shock: For the last several interviews he has repeatedly stated that the players need to make their own decisions on the pitch and that too often they have made the wrong ones e.g. 'passing back to Vito rather than hitting it forwards'. For someone who supposedly insists on telling players what to do, he also spends very little time, compared to other managers, shouting and gesturing from the touchline. The most animated he became last night was when he was urging the players to get themselves and the ball forwards. He even stated after the game last night that he was frustrated because Liam Moore had pushed up front and they weren't getting the ball up to him.

Sorry but you are just wrong.
In the interviews I have heard he goes on about TELLING the players what to do and in most games he waves his arms about and the players take no notice and that is all game and not just in the last few minutes.
The connect between manager and players just is not there..

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Jan 2018 11:34

Royal Rother We have had some managers who talk bollox after games for sure, but no-one comes close to Stam.

I was tempted to record last night’s pathetic interview, then type up a transcript to review but spending any more time than listening live to that twat’s voice would have sent me round the twist.

People say he’s a clever bloke, deeply intelligent.... absolute tripe. Yes he can string lots of words together very quickly but in reality they make no sense, even from a footballing perspective.

He is useless.

This comment is actually mind blowing, I mean, is he really that thick to wonder what the fans expect?

Stam on the fans' booing at full time: "You need to ask the fans what they expect because I don't know. They are entitled to react how they want but this is it. It doesn't make it easier for us and the team to perform

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Jan 2018 11:37

windermereROYAL Stam on the fans' booing at full time: "You need to ask the fans what they expect because I don't know."

Maybe the fans should expect to, oh I don't know, beat the side who are bottom of the league without an away win all season? :lol:

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 03 Jan 2018 11:37

Link to Stam interview

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05slc31

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Jan 2018 11:40

genome
windermereROYAL Stam on the fans' booing at full time: "You need to ask the fans what they expect because I don't know."

Maybe the fans should expect to, oh I don't know, beat the side who are bottom of the league without an away win all season? :lol:

or at least want the players to look like they have a clue what they are trying to do

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Jan 2018 11:48

As for the TELLING them what to do versus the players having the RESPONSIBILITY to make their own decisions discussion....

You are both right because in interviews he repeatedly says both of those pretty much within the same sentence. He just picks on a series of cliches and strings them together really quickly in the hope that no one spots he’s contradicting himself “left and right” (to coin a phrase).

Utter fcukwit.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Jan 2018 11:54

Platypuss
Hound
Royal Rother
Excluding the usual Big 6 they are top of the form table (last 10 games).

1 defeat in 12 isn't it? And the only team since the 2nd day of the season to not lose to Man City

Nothing to do with bringing in Hodgson?

That's the point I'd make rather than attributing anything to Steven Reid

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 03 Jan 2018 12:02

genome

Or at least compete a bit, run around, force a few saves from the keeper?

I'm genuinely wondering is that really to much to ask on a semi-regular basis?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Jan 2018 12:16

BR0B0T
Platypuss
Hound
1 defeat in 12 isn't it? And the only team since the 2nd day of the season to not lose to Man City

Well yes, Hodgson is a very good manager which people are all to ready to forget but when Reid left Reading we got worse. He joined Palace and they’ve got better.

Seems reasonable to think he might be capable of making a difference.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 03 Jan 2018 12:18

Royal Rother As for the TELLING them what to do versus the players having the RESPONSIBILITY to make their own decisions discussion....

You are both right because in interviews he repeatedly says both of those pretty much within the same sentence. He just picks on a series of cliches and strings them together really quickly in the hope that no one spots he’s contradicting himself “left and right” (to coin a phrase).

Utter fcukwit.

Maybe he could get a job with our Brexit committee, I'm sure it would make more sense to the Belgians and the rest of Europe

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Jan 2018 12:36

Royal Rother
BR0B0T
Platypuss

Well yes, Hodgson is a very good manager which people are all to ready to forget but when Reid left Reading we got worse. He joined Palace and they’ve got better.

Seems reasonable to think he might be capable of making a difference.

they got better by not being able to score a prem league goal for the first 7 games of Steven Reid's appointment

by winning 5 games out of 22 this season

they won 12 in 38 last season, which suggests to me they are regressing to mean

unless you can figure a way out to go back in time and run through the scenarios of SR being at both Reading and CP I'm not sure how we can test this out (esp with the amount of variable, tiny samples that football offers)

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 03 Jan 2018 12:40

Royal Rother We have had some managers who talk bollox after games for sure, but no-one comes close to Stam.

He is useless.

lol thats exactly how I heard it. He's articulate but when you break down the words he's saying and in the context he's using them in, he's actually saying nothing of substance, its quite bizarre.

I hate to see people fail and don't like picking peoples characters apart but what I heard last night was someone either completely oblivious to reality or someone putting on one of the worst fronts i've ever seen.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Jan 2018 12:41

BR0B0T they got better by not being able to score a prem league goal for the first 7 games of Steven Reid's appointment

Reid wasn't there until the 5th game of the season, and two out of the three matches that they lost before they beat Chelsea were against United and City.

double d

by double d » 03 Jan 2018 12:44

I think Br0B0t must have had one of his nerves broken when we dared to suggest that SR leaving had anything to do with us suddenly being shit and palace winning. Its like he has just lost the plot about that scenario and he cannot fathom it

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Jan 2018 12:47

double d I think Br0B0t must have had one of his nerves broken when we dared to suggest that SR leaving had anything to do with us suddenly being shit and palace winning. Its like he has just lost the plot about that scenario and he cannot fathom it

To be fair I also think it's nonsense.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Jan 2018 12:56

genome
BR0B0T they got better by not being able to score a prem league goal for the first 7 games of Steven Reid's appointment

Reid wasn't there until the 5th game of the season, and two out of the three matches that they lost before they beat Chelsea were against United and City.

Ok thought he'd been there since the start of the season...my mistake

If we're going to cherry pick teams v results...

CP have largely achieved draws against teams that are as 'bad' as them since SR appointment

will explain main gripe in reply to DD as it enables me to also call him a dumb pcunt!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Jan 2018 13:04

To make one thing clear. it wasn't as bad as Burton, their keeper kept them in it with 4 decent 1st half saves. 2nd half another one that he pushed round the post and Kermorgant hooked one just wide before hitting the bar near the end. yes we made chances and on another day we could have had a comfortable win and no meltdown on forums and social media today. but we were playing Birmingham, a team bottom of the table with 3 bloody away points all season and a team that haven't scored more than one in a game since last season. you would expect to create chances against a team like this. Stam WILL NOT be sacked so all this Stam out nonsense is pointless. Gourlay has already backed him . still 60 points to be played for and 50 is the normal benchmark to stay in this division. 22 more needed. but where they are coming from is anyones guess given our current form

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Jan 2018 13:18

The game was better than Burton and we did have chances - but Brum had plenty more chances of their own than burton did. They could have scored 4 or 5 whilst I’m still confused How Burton managed 2

Agree Stam isn’t going to get sacked after this result. If we lose our next two league games (which is probably likely) and are then in the bottom 3 with 2 points from 8 games, I’m not sure we’ll have much choice

double d

by double d » 03 Jan 2018 13:35

BR0B0T
genome

Ok thought he'd been there since the start of the season...my mistake

If we're going to cherry pick teams v results...

CP have largely achieved draws against teams that are as 'bad' as them since SR appointment

will explain main gripe in reply to DD as it enables me to also call him a dumb pcunt!

:lol:

Good one BB!

179 posts