BFTG ‘Ull (A)

3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by 3points » 15 Jan 2018 19:54

I’m fine with TD except the odd occasions (like Vydra) where he gets completely blind on a situation. I did, however, really enjoy Blakey’s stint in Gooding’s seat at Stevenage. Very knowledgeable and totally called it as he saw it

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 15 Jan 2018 19:56

Kitsondinho On that, was lovely to see David Prutton and Chris Powell don’t know the laws. On Sky highlights show both concluded it was ‘harsh’ on Hull and Vito only had ‘one hand’ on it...... :twisted:

I never cease to be amazed by the fact the sport programmes pay players for their expertise on subjects they are willfully ignorant about.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Jan 2018 20:12

Nomad_Royal
Mid Sussex Royal The performance was nowhere near as bad as some on here are saying, but I guess the 8 pages of nonsense on the match page is based on what they heard from Low and Dellor.

We were on top for the first 20 mins and nearly scored and then we lose 2 key players in quick succession which did affect the rest of the game but that is not a complete surprise.

The priority was to keep it tight and not to lose which is what happened.

Going back to Dellor my mate text me at half time and he said something about Swift feigning injury before he went off? Is that true? Dellor should be sacked, he's a complete joke.

He didnt.

What he was annoyed about was Swift, who was hobbling and obviously injured, going down to the ground just as we had a promising attack going forward, forcing us to put the ball out and giving the ball back to Hull.

I like Dellor/Gooding commentaries - he has a fans passion about the club and he always has Mick Gooding to add some sense of perspective

Plus a few too many “yes Tims” and “I agree Tims”.

double d

by double d » 15 Jan 2018 20:19

tmesis
Kitsondinho On that, was lovely to see David Prutton and Chris Powell don’t know the laws. On Sky highlights show both concluded it was ‘harsh’ on Hull and Vito only had ‘one hand’ on it...... :twisted:

I never cease to be amazed by the fact the sport programmes pay players for their expertise on subjects they are willfully ignorant about.

Robbie Savage epitomizes thiz.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2018 21:12

tmesis

TBH it's a perfect fit for most of the people watching.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 15 Jan 2018 22:17

leon Ah Don Goodman, what a character.

Well, he's definitely something beginning with a C.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 16 Jan 2018 18:13

Royal With Cheese

It's not cute is it ? :P

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 18 Jan 2018 09:46

Longhorn1970
Royal With Cheese

It's not cute is it ? :P

Definitely not.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 18 Jan 2018 18:02

Denver Royal [quote="CountryRoyal]We were shocking but made to look somewhat better because of the utterly incompetent Hull.[/quote]

Starting to think that some believe there is incompetence in this league from top to bottom. Even when we played Wolves...'they ain't all that'...and Cardiff...'they are not much really'...and so on, etc. .Not many come on here and say 'Wow, that is a damn fine team we just played'. (I'm not saying Hull are, but you get my drift).

How would you rate the Champ this last couple year's compared to past year's?[/quote]

IMO Wolves were by far the best opposing Championship side I've seen for a few seasons, strong and well organised at the back and very good going forward. I also thought that the Blades were good, especially their movement and understanding, although we could've got something there if we hadn't been racked by injuries and gone at them a bit more.

I've seen Brentford a couple of time too as my brother-in-law is a season ticket holder and their OK but fallible, a bit like us but with a bit more urgency to get the ball forward.

Other than that I haven't been overly impressed with any team really, of the ones that come to mind Boro and Cardiff (no shock there) tried to bully us, Hull & Norwich were poor and Wednesday didn't even come out of their own half.

by If you still hate Futcher » 18 Jan 2018 18:08

CountryRoyal In terms of quality I'm actually one of those that think the overall quality of the league has improved in the last half decade, and will keep improving imho - it's only logical.

There's definitely been a switch toward more possession rather than 'play in the right areas' which is probably a result of more foreign managers coming in to the league

by If you still hate Futcher » 18 Jan 2018 18:25

Hendo
Hound Wolves were excellent, no doubts about that. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves

They were the best team we have played all season but I still wasn't overly impressed with them, especially their defense. We matched them blow for blow for the majority of that game and were unlucky to come away with nothing. Could've easily been 2-0 up within 10 minutes.

Sorry but I have to call you on that. As per my previous post they were really strong and well organised which is the main reason we ended up losing the game.

I'll admit Ruddy didn't look very good in the 1st half and I was calling him a dodgy keeper then. It was mainly down to him that we could've had that 2 goal lead but those goals would've been from a speculative shot and a rebound rather than outstanding play from us.

That said, we played well that day but found it very difficult to break them down and even when we did get through in the 2nd half he pulled off a couple of outstanding saves.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Jan 2018 08:37

Hendo
Hound Wolves were excellent, no doubts about that. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves

They were the best team we have played all season but I still wasn't overly impressed with them, especially their defense. We matched them blow for blow for the majority of that game and were unlucky to come away with nothing. Could've easily been 2-0 up within 10 minutes.

Sorry but I have to call you on that. As per my previous post they were really strong and well organised which is the main reason we ended up losing the game.

I'll admit Ruddy didn't look very good in the 1st half and I was calling him a dodgy keeper then. It was mainly down to him that we could've had that 2 goal lead but those goals would've been from a speculative shot and a rebound rather than outstanding play from us.

That said, we played well that day but found it very difficult to break them down and even when we did get through in the 2nd half he pulled off a couple of outstanding saves.

:| Their left back (Boly) was one of the worst players I have seen this year and for a team that is running away with the division to allow 16 shots to a who team who have been pretty shot shy this year isn't great and would certainly point to us not finding it difficult to break them down. Ruddy certainly kept them in the game, and probably got them the win in the end but as a defensive unit, I wasn't impressed.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Jan 2018 09:14

Hi guys, I know none of you lot went to the Hull away game so can you take your Wolves chat elsewhere to keep this on topic for those that did make the trip. Cheers

double d

by double d » 19 Jan 2018 09:28

John Smith Hi guys, I know none of you lot went to the Hull away game so can you take your Wolves chat elsewhere to keep this on topic for those that did make the trip. Cheers

:|

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 19 Jan 2018 12:28

Well indeed. First half was awful, second half bit better. Mannone, Moore and Richards all played well, against an equally poor Hull side. Adkins seemed to have opted for more of a long-ball approach with Hector and Dawson continually hoofing into the channels. Did like the look of their on-loan-from-Chelsea left back. Swift and McClearly were pretty poor. Swift didn't look 100% from the off (as indeed Moore was) and McClearly just didn't get involved. Oh for the Gmac from a season or so ago.

Never been to Hull before and it's really quite a decent city. Cracking selection of proper old-school boozers in the Old Town, lovely civic buildings in the centre and imagine the Marina/Flower Market area would be really quite nice in the warmer months.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 19 Jan 2018 12:48

Hendo
Hendo

:| Their left back (Boly) was one of the worst players I have seen this year and for a team that is running away with the division to allow 16 shots to a who team who have been pretty shot shy this year isn't great and would certainly point to us not finding it difficult to break them down. Ruddy certainly kept them in the game, and probably got them the win in the end but as a defensive unit, I wasn't impressed.

I totally disagree about Boly-I think you must have the wrong player (although IIRC he wears no.3).
IMHO Boly is the best left-sided centre-back I have seen this season in the Championship and if Wolves weren't minted I would have expected him to be snapped up by a side already in the Premier League but he won't be as he will be there with Wolves next season.
A French international at younger ages he is big, strong in the air and very comfortable on the ball and an important player in Wolves' set-up this season.