Relegation

1865 posts
double d

Re: League 1

by double d » 26 Jan 2018 21:06

Scutterbucketz
double d
Zip It would be a disaster. Attendances would plunge and who knows whether our owners would remain. There would be no guarantee that we would bounce back. I cannot understand how anyone would see it as a good thing to be back down in the lower divisions.

I reckon a fair few would go to Maidenhead. I was considering packing in RFC and spending 110 on a Magpies ST. Kinda wish I did now......

I think people (myself included) would only think it a good thing because it would mean new grounds to visit.

How old are you, dd? Do you not remember last time we were in League 1? It was fukking shit.

28 now, and yourself. I barely remember it clearly and my memories would be tainted by PL and championship football. It might be a nice change.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 26 Jan 2018 21:11

double d
Scutterbucketz
double d
I reckon a fair few would go to Maidenhead. I was considering packing in RFC and spending 110 on a Magpies ST. Kinda wish I did now......

I think people (myself included) would only think it a good thing because it would mean new grounds to visit.

How old are you, dd? Do you not remember last time we were in League 1? It was fukking shit.

28 now, and yourself. I barely remember it clearly and my memories would be tainted by PL and championship football. It might be a nice change.

36 and I remember 1998 all too well and the seasons after that. There’s nothing good that can come out of going down to that level.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jan 2018 21:11

double d
Scutterbucketz
double d

It isnt, its cr@p. The only good point is the decent chance of getting a non league club in the cup first round.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 26 Jan 2018 21:12

double d
Scutterbucketz
double d

Obviously didn't go to Moss Rose and see us beat 2-1. And don't ask where Moss Rose is...
Last edited by Reading4eva on 26 Jan 2018 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jan 2018 21:12

double d
Scutterbucketz
double d

Imagine what we've got now, minus the talented players. And almost everyone outperforming us is operating on the scale of your Peterboros, your Rotherhams, your Doncasters and your Bradfords. you know, teams who consistently fail to survive in the Championship the way we do in the PL. Operating to smaller budgets, 'lesser' academies etc.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2018 21:13

It's simple, if Stam stays we are as good as down.

No doubt about it. Absolutely none.

scumbag

by scumbag » 26 Jan 2018 21:13

I don't care what league we're in. I want to see mildly exciting football and if we get that under a different manager in league one then maybe i (and many others) will start going to games again.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 26 Jan 2018 21:15

CountryRoyal It's simple, if Stam stays we are as good as down.

No doubt about it. Absolutely none.

Agree completely. We are stumbling into League 1 at an awful rate. Anything less than 6 points and we will be in the drop zone guaranteed

alfie9

by alfie9 » 26 Jan 2018 21:16

Relegation would basically put us in a sudden death scenario, get promoted in one season or face total disaster financially

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 26 Jan 2018 21:17

scumbag I don't care what league we're in. I want to see mildly exciting football and if we get that under a different manager in league one then maybe i (and many others) will start going to games again.

If a battle on a muddy pitch at Accrington whets your appetite or AFC Wimbledon coming to the Mad Stad and walking away with 3 points is what your after your an absolute idiot.

It won't be exciting. It will be a bloody tradegy

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 26 Jan 2018 21:19

Reading4eva
double d
Scutterbucketz

Obviously didn't go to Moss Rose and see us beat 2-1. And don't ask where Moss Rose is...

I did and it still remains my lowest point following Reading in 40 odd years. In fairness this season is running it close.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Jan 2018 21:23

I couldn't see us bouncing back for a while if we go down

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 26 Jan 2018 21:23

bloody Volvo driver
Reading4eva
double d

I did and it still remains my lowest point following Reading in 40 odd years. In fairness this season is running it close.

Replace Macclesfield with Accrington and that might await if we persist with this idiot.

There is still time, but it's running out. We could soon be in the same boat as when Burns took over from Terry the Taxi Driver. Burns was poor here but he had an impossible task to keep us up with so little time.

double d

by double d » 26 Jan 2018 22:46

Reading4eva
scumbag I don't care what league we're in. I want to see mildly exciting football and if we get that under a different manager in league one then maybe i (and many others) will start going to games again.

If a battle on a muddy pitch at Accrington whets your appetite or AFC Wimbledon coming to the Mad Stad and walking away with 3 points is what your after your an absolute idiot.

It won't be exciting. It will be a bloody tradegy

Your spelling of tragedy is the only tradegy I'm afraid.

double d

by double d » 26 Jan 2018 22:48

bloody Volvo driver
Reading4eva
double d

Moss Rose is in Macclesfield. Is this season SERIOUSLY and HONESTLY as bad as that? There is no way.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Relegation

by Jackson Corner » 27 Jan 2018 02:00

We will we play our own u21 side in the Checkatrade trophy?

double d

by double d » 27 Jan 2018 07:09

Crickey I forgot about that. Checkatrade trophy would be depressing as oxf*rd

double d

by double d » 17 Mar 2018 17:46

double d I know it is early in the season but we look like we are in for a relegation dog fight at this r8. Something needs to change sharpish. I hope stam does get sacked because when that happens it tends to improve results. But if we were to get relegated, what would happen to us? Would we have mass exodus? Who would stay? What about the owners? Would you still go to games? Couldn't imagine many turning up for a Tuesday night at Scunthorpe tbh. How depressing that this is happening after we were a liam Moore penalty away from being in the premier league. Huddersfield are beating man United ffs and we are going down to league 1!!!!! :evil:

Qouting the original post I made over 5 months ago, and also negative replies. Apologies or acknowledgment would be nice.

I am NOT am idiot or a simpleton. I could see this from miles away!

double d

by double d » 17 Mar 2018 17:47

Silver Fox Only a simplet9n would think this side will dabble with relegation and Stam should be sacked before he’s had a chance to put out his favoured XI even once.

Checks OP

Oh.....

double d

by double d » 17 Mar 2018 17:48

strap Clutching at straws - we have won 3 and lost 6 yet our GD is "only" -3. So "on average" we only lose games by the odd goal.

Sadly Stam's insistence on not buying any strikers means we rarely score more than 1 goal a game "on average".

The Dutch "total football" genre has been totally discredited, (van Gaal, Koeman, Stam, De Boer, Holland not qualifying for major tournament etc), so the time has come for this experiment to end at RFC.

The squad assembled, (at vast cost - today's starting XI was the most expensive ever put out by RFC), should be more than skilled enough to challenge a top 6 place, and in no way should be facing relegation. Sadly the tactics and arrogance of the manager means that we are. The table doesn't lie, ever after 12 games.

This summer's transfer activity was simply stupid and unbalanced. How many midfielders does one team need? The training regime, (or support staff), needs a radical overhaul as the amount of injuries picked up in training is frankly embarrassing. The Chinese are renown for their patience, but equally they are not stupid when it comes to money*. I cannot see the owners putting up with this situation for much longer. The do NOT like to lose face one little bit, and I would imagine that once Stam has lost the fans, and the fans start having a go at the owners, then action will be taken. The Chinese are nothing if not ruthless.

All this squad needs is a decent man manager who has the experience to adapt tactics to suit the players' skills. Stam is NOT that man.

That's my opinion. No histrionics, no effing and blinding, just a sober take on the current sad situation at the MadHouse. Off for beer now - and logging out before I do so! Have a good w/e all - if you can!

*mmm, maybe I'm wrong there - the current Chines debt to GDP is something like 300% isn't it? Maybe the owners are happy to just
saddle the club with un-repayable debt burden?

Gr8 post strap. We could see this coming!!!!

1865 posts