Paul Clement to Napoli?

Old Man Andrews

Paul Clement to Napoli?

by Old Man Andrews » 15 May 2018 12:53

pwb

Re: Paul Clement to Napoli?

by pwb » 15 May 2018 13:15

Well if that happens, then RFC will get their money back that they used to sack Stam with and some.... :D :D :D

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 15 May 2018 13:24

Just idle speculation surely.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 15 May 2018 13:34

Would anyone be surprised if he takes an easy way out after seeing what he has to work with since he has joined? I wouldn't be.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 May 2018 13:45

Luka Modric?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 May 2018 14:14

Ancelotti looking for work and if he gets work he might be looking to get previous people he's worked with to join him. Wow what a story - now you know the close season has arrived.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 15 May 2018 19:54

..if he pays up his contract then he can go...hasnt been here long enough to decide whether he is/was a good or bad appointment

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 15 May 2018 20:48

Taking the job with us could've been a bit like the rebound from an ex.

Not what you want or fancy, but better to get back out there than sit at home waiting/w@nking for something better to come along?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 May 2018 21:18

DOYLERSAROYALER ..if he pays up his contract then he can go...hasnt been here long enough to decide whether he is/was a good or bad appointment

Bad

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 15 May 2018 21:22

I'm assuming there isn't much to this. But stranger things have happened, and maybe Clement was brought in just to get us over the line? If that's the case, and he's thinking of walking, hope he makes his mind up soon, so that we still have a good choice of managers. Looks like McClaren is already off the a table. But hey, Nigel Clough, as we speak, could still be available. :P

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 15 May 2018 21:27

I have this overwhelming feeling that if he goes we will have dodged a massive bullet.

I have seen nothing from his football or his personality to suggest that he is the man to lead us forward.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 15 May 2018 22:14

Honourable exit for him. I think it’ll be a win-win.

Agree with Wazzock, just didn’t see anything in those 8 games where I thought he was a big improvement on Stam, Clarke, Adkins.

In for Nigel Clough though

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 15 May 2018 22:24

grey_squirrel Taking the job with us could've been a bit like the rebound from an ex.

Not what you want or fancy, but better to get back out there than sit at home waiting/w@nking for something better to come along?

You are Ian Holloway and I claim my £5.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 15 May 2018 23:38

grey_squirrel Taking the job with us could've been a bit like the rebound from an ex.

First poster in here to call Clement a w@nker? 8)

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 16 May 2018 03:06

3points Honourable exit for him. I think it’ll be a win-win.

Agree with Wazzock, just didn’t see anything in those 8 games where I thought he was a big improvement on Stam, Clarke, Adkins.

I don’t think it’s fair to judge a manager that came in late in the season. Unless he does something significant either way, I think we should reserve any form of judgement until Christmas.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 16 May 2018 04:40

TiagoIlori

I don’t think it’s fair to judge a manager that came in late in the season. Unless he does something significant either way, I think we should reserve any form of judgement until Christmas.

Fair or not, like many fans everywhere, we've been known to judge 'em before Christmas. Clement, assuming he's still here(?), will likely be no different.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 May 2018 17:56

TiagoIlori

i didn't like his persona or the way he set the team up so I've already made my judgement I'm afraid. For example, if he'd managed to get Aluko to stay out wide and play as a proper winger or wide forward then I'd have seen that as some progress. it just felt very much "more of the same". He's obviously written off Evans as well which I think is a shame when he played Edwards and Joey on a number of occasions.

Very happy to be proved wrong and eat some humble pie at Christmas though

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 16 May 2018 20:26

There's no denying that under his stewardship we managed to pick up the two vital wins that saw us safe, so he needs to have some credit for doing so.

That said, you could argue that our performances regressed with him in charge. Something like 6 shots on target in 7 games (not including Sunderland) is simply woeful, and we were particularly poor away from home.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 16 May 2018 22:42

It's certainly silly season.

The last 6 weeks was all about getting over the line. Why would he overthrow the whole philosophy and get players playing completely differently? 38 games in to a season would not be a good time to change things drastically

Now is his time to change things and I think with a training regime in place for the players to take away on their holidays with them, we'll be battling higher up the table next year with Clement in charge.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 16 May 2018 22:50

In for Pearson, we need someone to take control of the club!