Players you'd like us to sign thread

741 posts
scumbag

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by scumbag » 07 Jun 2018 13:00

Considering we are essentially an Ex-Hull XI now, I'm hoping we will derail Leeds' bid for Abel Hernandez who's out of contract this month.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Jun 2018 13:28

scumbag Considering we are essentially an Ex-Hull XI now, I'm hoping we will derail Leeds' bid for Abel Hernandez who's out of contract this month.

Not worth the wages Leeds will stump up.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jun 2018 13:43

CountryRoyal
scumbag Considering we are essentially an Ex-Hull XI now, I'm hoping we will derail Leeds' bid for Abel Hernandez who's out of contract this month.

Talk of 70k a week. Not going to happen here and suprised if he doesn’t end up in the prem- would be a decent signing on a free

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Jun 2018 15:39

Hound
CountryRoyal

Talk of 70k a week. Not going to happen here and suprised if he doesn’t end up in the prem- would be a decent signing on a free

£70k a week? Youd have thought 15 out of the Premiership would have taught them about spending money they haven't got.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jun 2018 15:55

From Despair To Where?
Hound
CountryRoyal

£70k a week? Youd have thought 15 out of the Premiership would have taught them about spending money they haven't got.

true, but suppose there is no fee. If you say maybe £1m signing on fee, 2 year contract - £8m over two years. Expensive, but when you see the sort of money Villa have spunked on forwards, not so much

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Jun 2018 15:59

Villa not a great comparison, they should have spunked a bit more money on HMRC.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jun 2018 16:24

From Despair To Where? Villa not a great comparison, they should have spunked a bit more money on HMRC.

indeed, but there are plenty of others - ie Sheff Weds, Middlesboro etc

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Dec 2018 09:11

So, January transfer window just around the corner.

Anyone on the market you think could do a job?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Dec 2018 09:18

Actually really hope we don't buy a load of players again. Its really not worked out on the last 3 windows. Last Jan's window a particular nadir with the abysmal Martin and crocked Elphick

Would try and sell off a load of deadwood and put it towards a really decent CB to fully replace McShane, and to put pressure on Ilori/Moore

Not sure what the mid term prospects are of an Obita return, but a LB on loan may be the other place I'd look

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Dec 2018 09:25

genome So, January transfer window just around the corner.

Think a lot depends on who we can get rid of. I'd like to see a few of the high earners shipped out the club. McShane, Meyler, Edwards, Popa, Harriott and most importantly Aluko (at any cost). Hopefully we can then get a couple of quality loan signings in the door to see us through until the end of the season preferably a ball playing defender who can play LB if needed and a really high quality winger. We also have to hope Obita can come back fully fit, that would be like a new signing for us.

Couple of names who I'd like in on loan:

Ethan Ampadu (Chelsea)
Gedion Zelalem (Arsenal)
Zech Medley (Arsenal)
Tahith Chong (Man utd)

All at big clubs doing well for the Under 23's.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Dec 2018 09:32

Hound Actually really hope we don't buy a load of players again. Its really not worked out on the last 3 windows. Last Jan's window a particular nadir with the abysmal Martin and crocked Elphick

Would try and sell off a load of deadwood and put it towards a really decent CB to fully replace McShane, and to put pressure on Ilori/Moore

Not sure what the mid term prospects are of an Obita return, but a LB on loan may be the other place I'd look

Not expecting anyone to want to come to Reading permanently to be honest. Might do a couple of loan deals at best.

Same outwards. Might shift a youngster to two on loan but can't see anyone in their right mind bidding for anyone outside of Liam Moore. Think it'll be summer before we can release a few and if it's relegation I'd expect Moore and Swift to go.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Dec 2018 10:06

I'd love us to be rid of Aluko, can't see it happening though. I can only see McShane and Edwards going out on loan. They're out of contract in the summer and why would anyone commit to signing them now. We'd probably accept paying a percentage of their wages and it insulates the loaning club from being lumbered with an expensive donkey.

Hopefully Ezatolahi will be fit soon so I think a CB and LB in on loan would be top of the list

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Dec 2018 11:01

I think Edwards or McShane would be a good signing for a L1 club. If they offered them an 18 month deal, they may well go

but yeah, expecting a loan to the end of the season for the pair of them.

Popa loaned out again like last year. Clement back to Netherlands. Harriott a loan to a Div2. No one will take Aluko. Some of the U23s loaned out

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Dec 2018 11:17

Hound I think Edwards or McShane would be a good signing for a L1 club. If they offered them an 18 month deal, they may well go

Popa loaned out again like last year. Clement back to Netherlands. Harriott a loan to a Div2. No one will take Aluko. Some of the U23s loaned out

Wouldn't be too sure about Aluko. If the club work hard at it and make a concession on his wages (pay 60% of them for example) I could easily see him going to one of the strugglers such as Hull, Ipswich or Preston. Problem the club have then is they are in and around us so why would we help them? If we go on a run and pull clear of the relegation zone I could see it happening.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 05 Dec 2018 11:24

Old Man Andrews
Hound I think Edwards or McShane would be a good signing for a L1 club. If they offered them an 18 month deal, they may well go

Wouldn't be too sure about Aluko. If the club work hard at it and make a concession on his wages (pay 60% of them for example) I could easily see him going to one of the strugglers such as Hull, Ipswich or Preston. Problem the club have then is they are in and around us so why would we help them? If we go on a run and pull clear of the relegation zone I could see it happening.

Not sure sending Aluko to one of our relegation rivals would be helping them. More like sabotage... :mrgreen:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Dec 2018 13:34

Surely an Edwards loan to Shrewsbury has got to happen.

I'd be surprised if any of the rest left - why would any club take them? Even Moore to an extent.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 05 Dec 2018 13:56

On a serious note of players I would like to sign,

CB Liam Lindsay from Barnsley gritty old school CB would play well alongside either Moore or LLori and shore up the defence
MF Jamie Allen from Burton. good sit back ball playing midfielder another option instead of Ezotolahi
MF Marcus Maddison Peterborough A attacking winger who can actually cross and is a winger not confused at WTF his role in football is!!!!!

try and get something for Mcshane, Edwards, Meyler, Clement, Popa, Harriot and Aluko.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 05 Dec 2018 14:51

Old Man Andrews
genome So, January transfer window just around the corner.

Think a lot depends on who we can get rid of. I'd like to see a few of the high earners shipped out the club. McShane, Meyler, Edwards, Popa, Harriott and most importantly Aluko (at any cost). Hopefully we can then get a couple of quality loan signings in the door to see us through until the end of the season preferably a ball playing defender who can play LB if needed and a really high quality winger. We also have to hope Obita can come back fully fit, that would be like a new signing for us.

Couple of names who I'd like in on loan:

Ethan Ampadu (Chelsea)
Gedion Zelalem (Arsenal)
Zech Medley (Arsenal)
Tahith Chong (Man utd)

All at big clubs doing well for the Under 23's.

Our own Under 23's are doing very well, presently top of the Premier 2 league, rather we played some of our own.

Basildon

by Basildon » 05 Dec 2018 15:46

Don't really see an awful lot of movement in or out to be honest. As mentioned by many above, nobody in there right mind would take half the dross we want rid of, and with the squad bloated as it is you would imagine we'd have to offload before bringing anyone in.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 05 Dec 2018 16:53

Apart from the obvious, i.e. centre-back and left-back I would like to see us sign a midfielder who can drive the team on-I wanted us to try for Arter last Summer but Cardiff got him and the promise of Bradley Dack at Gillingham was there for all to see but he ended up at Blackburn.
Now that he doesn't get into Saints side too often I would like Steven Davis who probably wouldn't cost much at his age, if anything.
None of our midfielders consistently perform this role whereas we see players like Barry Bannan at Sheffield Wednesday running the show (how even more worse off would they be without him?).

Sawyers from Brentford would be ideal but the days of our picking up their best players have gone.

741 posts