Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Ex Players

by Forbury Lion » 04 Sep 2018 10:32

Hmm, there seem to be some missing facts about Andy Bernal's post-football life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Bernal

Wikipedia Post-football career
After retiring from football Bernal worked for a sports agency closely related to David Beckham. He later became a personal assistant to Beckham.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 04 Sep 2018 13:23

Nicky Forster owns and runs an exclusive gym / fitness company in Godstone.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 04 Sep 2018 14:35

Forbury Lion Hmm, there seem to be some missing facts about Andy Bernal's post-football life

After retiring from football Bernal worked for a sports agency closely related to David Beckham. He later became a personal assistant to Beckham.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Sep 2018 14:37

Uke
Forbury Lion Hmm, there seem to be some missing facts about Andy Bernal's post-football life

#Bushwatch

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 04 Sep 2018 15:13

SCIAG Paul McShane is still at the club.

:lol:

Stuart Beavon is a painter/decorator in the local area.
(His son is a pro footy player, and so was his dad, Cyril, who passed away in Dec).

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 06 Sep 2018 22:24

Noel Hunt is back at home town club Waterford in a player-manager role. I had seen he was at Southend a couple of years ago but didn't know he was part of the Portsmouth team that won League 2 a couple of seasons ago, before Paul Cook took him to Wigan where he also won League 1 last season. There cant be many players who have medals for all three tiers of the Football League.

He unsurprisingly speaks very positively of us in a very recent article which was quite a nice read. Some interesting insights about the signings under Anton from a players perspective too.

I don't think I've ever met someone who had an encounter with Noel and had anything remotely negative to say about him - top guy in my books.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Sep 2018 23:52

Then we had a change of manager over that period. I was gutted, because I felt the owner at the time was ruining the club. He had knocked everything we had done and built, because it was his club. That was his prerogative.
“But I was one of the longest serving there, along with Adam Federici, I felt I’ll go say something to him. It was a conversation we had over a year’s contract that was on the table, but I don’t think the conversation went well, I felt the players he brought in had changed the ethos of the club.

“He had given these players mega money for not doing anything really, not being proven in the Premier League. I felt that it was wrong, because we had a very hard-working ethos. If you disrupt that, it’ll change very quickly. You feel the disruption — your team and your flow and your chemistry. You start to carry too many players then and there are other players over-working in other areas, trying to cover the ground of these other players, and you don’t do any real job of your own.

“We got relegated and we saw we weren’t good enough to stay in the league, because I felt that four or five players that came in that had to play under the owner didn’t really suit where we as a team had got to. We worked damn hard for that and that was my biggest regret, that we didn’t get a proper chance, a proper go at [the Premier League].”

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Sep 2018 00:36

CountryRoyal
Then we had a change of manager over that period. I was gutted, because I felt the owner at the time was ruining the club. He had knocked everything we had done and built, because it was his club. That was his prerogative.
“But I was one of the longest serving there, along with Adam Federici, I felt I’ll go say something to him. It was a conversation we had over a year’s contract that was on the table, but I don’t think the conversation went well, I felt the players he brought in had changed the ethos of the club.

“He had given these players mega money for not doing anything really, not being proven in the Premier League. I felt that it was wrong, because we had a very hard-working ethos. If you disrupt that, it’ll change very quickly. You feel the disruption — your team and your flow and your chemistry. You start to carry too many players then and there are other players over-working in other areas, trying to cover the ground of these other players, and you don’t do any real job of your own.

“We got relegated and we saw we weren’t good enough to stay in the league, because I felt that four or five players that came in that had to play under the owner didn’t really suit where we as a team had got to. We worked damn hard for that and that was my biggest regret, that we didn’t get a proper chance, a proper go at [the Premier League].”

*CoughPogrebnyakCough*

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Sep 2018 05:47

Brain Traysers Noel Hunt is back at home town club Waterford in a player-manager role. I had seen he was at Southend a couple of years ago but didn't know he was part of the Portsmouth team that won League 2 a couple of seasons ago, before Paul Cook took him to Wigan where he also won League 1 last season. There cant be many players who have medals for all three tiers of the Football League.

He unsurprisingly speaks very positively of us in a very recent article which was quite a nice read. Some interesting insights about the signings under Anton from a players perspective too.

I don't think I've ever met someone who had an encounter with Noel and had anything remotely negative to say about him - top guy in my books.

One of my favourite ever players. So brave!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Sep 2018 09:17

Brain Traysers He unsurprisingly speaks very positively of us in a very recent article which was quite a nice read. Some interesting insights about the signings under Anton from a players perspective too.
+1 Great article

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Sep 2018 10:16

Snowflake Royal *CoughPogrebnyakCough*

Talking of shit, overpaid wasters, Danny Guthrie is playing in Indonesia.

I didn't mind Pog so much, at least he tried to look like he gave a shit.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Sep 2018 10:59

Andy Gurney's a fighter pilot.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Sep 2018 12:16

Jamie Ashdown is now GK coach at Ascot.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Sep 2018 14:05

33 year old Leroy Lita has signed for Margate.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 09 Sep 2018 14:53

maffff 33 year old Litre Leroy has signed for Margate.

A playa in his day.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 09 Sep 2018 17:20

Barry Hunter is chief scout at Liverpool

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Sep 2018 20:35

Ivar Ingimarsson went home to Iceland and took a job in their tourist industry. He also does some coaching, which is rumoured to have contributed to Iceland's success in recent years.........

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 09 Sep 2018 21:29

What's Gunnarsson up to these days?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Sep 2018 21:06

Gary Westwood on golden gamble duty tonight

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Sep 2018 10:08

Terry Hurlock now works for the RMT (National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers) and in 2007 the Times declared him as the 23rd hardest man in football :lol:

3107 posts