Protest

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Protest

by The Royal Forester » 21 Sep 2018 14:42

Forbury Lion
bracksroyal10 Boycott one of our matches and fill out Reading City's ground for a home game instead all wearing Reading FC shirts.
Have Reading Town rebranded?

No. The club now known as Reading City was known as Highmore Ibis FC until June this year. After playing at Palmer Park Stadium for a while they moved to Scours Lane in 2016. As far as I know there is no connection between Reading Town and Reading City, as the Town club was wound up a couple of years or so ago, due to arguments between the club management and the owners.

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 21 Sep 2018 15:48

Sounds ridiculous but the more I think about it surely it's not far off. The club is becoming a joke.

- Owners that haven't really introduced themselves to fans, or say a word about their plans. But employ a clearly limited Ron Gourlay, to be their main man.
- Shocking transfer activity, overpaying for players and purchasing duds from other championship clubs. Is it a poor scouting setup or was it BT?
- Lack of promotion from within - e.g. Loader, Rinomhota ... and what would have been the problem with promoting Southwood for example and avoiding paying 2m for a bang average Mannone. We have a great record of producing GKs... and if McNulty is going to sit on the bench, save 1m and keep Smith on the bench. We're just giving money away.
- Management of the squad from a financial perspective - e.g. i'm sure Mccleary must be one of the highest paid players at the club. why has he not been shipped out long ago? As well as giving the no doubt highly paid Kermogant a new contract.
- Management of the squad from a fitness perspective - do i even need to give examples?
- Rewarding mercenary behavior - oh Mr Moore, want out and refuse to play for us? Have a massive new contract and the armband.

Basildon

by Basildon » 21 Sep 2018 16:06

royal_rumble Sounds ridiculous but the more I think about it surely it's not far off. The club is becoming a joke.

- Owners that haven't really introduced themselves to fans, or say a word about their plans. But employ a clearly limited Ron Gourlay, to be their main man.
- Shocking transfer activity, overpaying for players and purchasing duds from other championship clubs. Is it a poor scouting setup or was it BT?
- Lack of promotion from within - e.g. Loader, Rinomhota ... and what would have been the problem with promoting Southwood for example and avoiding paying 2m for a bang average Mannone. We have a great record of producing GKs... and if McNulty is going to sit on the bench, save 1m and keep Smith on the bench. We're just giving money away.
- Management of the squad from a financial perspective - e.g. i'm sure Mccleary must be one of the highest paid players at the club. why has he not been shipped out long ago? As well as giving the no doubt highly paid Kermogant a new contract.
- Management of the squad from a fitness perspective - do i even need to give examples?
- Rewarding mercenary behavior - oh Mr Moore, want out and refuse to play for us? Have a massive new contract and the armband.

Did he refuse to play? I thought he was just left out of the team while his future was undecided?

And realistically who else out of this sorry bunch would you rather have as captain?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Sep 2018 16:15

Let's start with a few rounds of "We want our Reading back" and go from there.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 22 Sep 2018 01:27

A Posnan at Brentford away?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Sep 2018 01:37

royal_rumble Sounds ridiculous but the more I think about it surely it's not far off. The club is becoming a joke.

I really didn’t understand the one year extension given to Jaakkola. He wasn’t up to it last season. Southwood has no chance of getting into the squad. I like Smith. Great movement, hard working etc but I think a loan to Oxford was sensible. However did we really need to sign two small strikers? I think Baldock is a good support striker in a strong Championship side like West Ham or Brighton. Being the lone striker in a poor Championshop side is another matter. Is Meite worth persevering with?

The fitness issues remain a big problem. We seem to get so many injuries in training and players seem to take forever to get match fit. Having said that we have a bloated squad with so many players at a similar level so it really shouldn’t matter that much.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 22 Sep 2018 01:50

leon
chippc So as fans are we just going to stay silent, not turn up at games and melt away? Or are we going to try and do something about the mess that is now Reading FC? Do we need another PANTS Day? Could we protest at the shambles with some humour and get some PR going? Anybody got any ideas?

Let's storm the pitch and all do a massive shit in the centre circle.

and then Clement burning Gunter by subbing him off for that pile of shit (we're officially reg'd, right? No.13)

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 22 Sep 2018 06:35

We are the silent minority. If it is going to be a meaningful protest then every single fan needs to do it. There will always be the kids and people who are devout supports that leave after 80 minutes that never would do that.

The most effective protest would be for every single fan to just turn their backs when the game starts.