CONFIMRED José Gomes

313 posts
Thou Voice

Re: CONFIMRED José Gomes

by Thou Voice » 22 Dec 2018 22:31

Snowflake Royal
strap "To start building up from our goalkeeper, pass the ball to each other and controlling the game with the ball to make the opponent move and try to recover the ball. In this way creating space and gaps for the fast players and strikers to use. But basically creating with the ball, controlling the game with the ball." - So just the same failed policy as Stam and Clement then.

"Middlesbrough are in fourth position but if you look at the match the Reading players deserved to win the match. Especially for what they created and what they did in the second half." - We had NO shots on target in the second half of today's game!

"My staff are studying them and I will sit with my staff to study all the small details about Millwall. It will be a very important match for us." - No oxf*rd shit Sherlock?!?!

"If it's not possible this season, it will be difficult but not impossible, but at least in the next season we must put the club in the Premier League." - Jesus oxf*rd H Christ! So we're trying to get to the PL this season?!?!?!? Is this idiot for real?

I am at my wits end with the owners and this nonce of a "manager". Average stay at his SEVENTEEN posts since 1995 = 7 months. Pinnacle of his career, winning the Saudi Cup in 2016, the SAUDI Cup!!! Largest salary ever given to any manager in RFC's ENTIRE history. Are the owners seriously saying there is no one better to get us out of this mess? The Iranian spiv is laughing all the way to the bank and will not give a toss when Gomes is sacked before Easter and we are relegated and in administration for the start of next season in the third tier. I am very, very angry right now.

Do you actually know what the bolded word means? Because if you do, you're a disgrace, and if you don't you're an idiot who should know better.

Do you ?

That word also means random or pseudo-random number issued in an authentication protocol in my line of work.

So yes, he is calling him a random manager.

Just because urban slang means something else - the OP's comment is also correct.

Do You See ? :shock:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Dec 2018 22:34

Denver Royal
Lower West
El Diablo We were going down before the change, so what on earth have the Chinese got to lose?

Complete loss of face if this goes belly up.

What would 'complete loss of face and belly up' constitute to you now?
Again, you consistently said (under Clement) that this is a long term re-building project, there's no magic wand, we may have to drop down a division or two...and that you wouldn't have minded if we did.

Relegation. While watching the team attempt to play a style of football to which there not suited. We need 31 points out of the remaining 69 to stand any chance of survival. Lose the next three games and the target then becomes an average of 1.5 per fixture. Seen nothing in the past season and a half to suggest that this squad has the ability to string together that level of consistent performance week in week out.

New manager has great words for the style he wishes to play. Trouble is if you go and watch the Chelsea U23 team play (the Man City style of football). You'll appreciate how far short of the mark the squad is in terms of pace and technical ability. You cannot build such a team without time and a number of transfer windows, Stam likewise came a cropper. Great ideas, but not the management expertise to outthink the experienced managers in the Championship.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Dec 2018 22:36

Crowbar6753
Lower West
Crowbar6753 PS everyone laughed at Solsjaer (Excuse my spelling) being give charge at Man U, but just look at their result today lol.

So you reckon that Reading are going to win 5-1 at Millwall. 8) 8)

Not a chance lol......... :D

I'm going so will see what if anything actually changes. Or whether we continue to be the masters of our own downfall.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 22 Dec 2018 22:45

Thou Voice, who is currently on my ignore list, has apparently made a post.
No doubt more complete bollocks.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 22 Dec 2018 22:49

72 bus Thou Voice, who is currently on my ignore list, has apparently made a post.
No doubt more complete bollocks.

Just correcting a fact !

Do You See ? :shock:

stevej16

by stevej16 » 23 Dec 2018 00:22

What is going on at Reading FC? Are we really paying £4million a year for someone nobody had heard of until a week ago?
Good luck Jose...we need you to turn things around immediately!

BTW what was Scott Marshall doing with the team selection and subs today...what a joke!

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 23 Dec 2018 01:18

Head says this won’t end well

Heart says perhaps this unknown is our unlikely saviour

Nagging voice says if you were a neutral looking in from afar you would think reading is a bit of a basket case...

Wallet says check what price we are to get relegated.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Dec 2018 02:27

Lower West
Denver Royal
Lower West Complete loss of face if this goes belly up.

What would 'complete loss of face and belly up' constitute to you now?
Again, you consistently said (under Clement) that this is a long term re-building project, there's no magic wand, we may have to drop down a division or two...and that you wouldn't have minded if we did.

Relegation. While watching the team attempt to play a style of football to which there not suited. We need 31 points out of the remaining 69 to stand any chance of survival. Lose the next three games and the target then becomes an average of 1.5 per fixture. Seen nothing in the past season and a half to suggest that this squad has the ability to string together that level of consistent performance week in week out.

New manager has great words for the style he wishes to play. Trouble is if you go and watch the Chelsea U23 team play (the Man City style of football). You'll appreciate how far short of the mark the squad is in terms of pace and technical ability. You cannot build such a team without time and a number of transfer windows, Stam likewise came a cropper. Great ideas, but not the management expertise to outthink the experienced managers in the Championship.

Why do we need another 31 points to stay up? We survived with 46 points last season and that number looks likely to be enough this time around.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Dec 2018 02:29

Only one Trevor Morley Head says this won’t end well

Heart says perhaps this unknown is our unlikely saviour

Nagging voice says if you were a neutral looking in from afar you would think reading is a bit of a basket case...

Wallet says check what price we are to get relegated.

You won’t get generous odds. The bookies think we are nailed on to go down.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 23 Dec 2018 03:59

Zip
Lower West
Denver Royal What would 'complete loss of face and belly up' constitute to you now?

Why do we need another 31 points to stay up? We survived with 46 points last season and that number looks likely to be enough this time around.

Perhaps he bought a 2nd hand calculator from Diane Abacus

elrey

by elrey » 23 Dec 2018 04:07

Uke https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/1076533234236866562

Our Christmas present is here

Let's give him a chance and see what he does, it can't be worse can it?

Can't be worse? Yes, it can.

Have you seen his record?

His last team he won 5 games out of 16, he has two 50%+ records with teams, one he only managed 6 games and when he left the team went and put 6 past their opponents in the next two games. They were the top team in Saudi Arabia at this time anyway.

His other was in Hungary in 2013/2014. The team's WORST SEASON since 2008. Literally they've been top two every season since 2013/2014 except when Gomes was there. So a 55% win ratio for a team accustomed to much higher than this....

Then you have his recent activity 31% win ratio in Portugal with Rio Ave. They were 5th in the table last season before Gomes took over. Now they're 10th. Amazing.... They won 15 out of 34 games last season in the league, this season five out of 13.

At Al Taawoun he has 26% win ratio but now they're third in the table with 7 wins out of 12. They finished 9th when Gomes was there with 9 wins out of 26. Spot the difference? They finished 7th the season before but still with 9 out of 26 wins and 4th the season before.

At Baniyas he won one game in 13 and drew one. Must be why we appointed him.

The guy has never, ever improved a team. That's what we have to look forward to. Relegation is a certainty now.

Who made this ridiculous decision. Of all the managers in the world to choose from, and they literally pluck a nobody with a rubbish record out of Portugal. Why?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Dec 2018 04:54

Also you notice they have sneaked him in without a press conference so we can't ask these questions. The decision to bring him in makes no logic whatsoever? I thought Nigel Howe of all people must realise this is a terrible choice. I'm starting to think they want the club to go down?

pwb

by pwb » 23 Dec 2018 06:35

elrey
Uke https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/1076533234236866562

Our Christmas present is here

Let's give him a chance and see what he does, it can't be worse can it?

Can't be worse? Yes, it can.

Have you seen his record?

His last team he won 5 games out of 16, he has two 50%+ records with teams, one he only managed 6 games and when he left the team went and put 6 past their opponents in the next two games. They were the top team in Saudi Arabia at this time anyway.

His other was in Hungary in 2013/2014. The team's WORST SEASON since 2008. Literally they've been top two every season since 2013/2014 except when Gomes was there. So a 55% win ratio for a team accustomed to much higher than this....

Then you have his recent activity 31% win ratio in Portugal with Rio Ave. They were 5th in the table last season before Gomes took over. Now they're 10th. Amazing.... They won 15 out of 34 games last season in the league, this season five out of 13.

At Al Taawoun he has 26% win ratio but now they're third in the table with 7 wins out of 12. They finished 9th when Gomes was there with 9 wins out of 26. Spot the difference? They finished 7th the season before but still with 9 out of 26 wins and 4th the season before.

At Baniyas he won one game in 13 and drew one. Must be why we appointed him.

The guy has never, ever improved a team. That's what we have to look forward to. Relegation is a certainty now.

Who made this ridiculous decision. Of all the managers in the world to choose from, and they literally pluck a nobody with a rubbish record out of Portugal. Why?

So are you one of the Parky progade, as I don't think he's is doing much better at the moment...

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 23 Dec 2018 07:33

Ascotexgunner
strap "To start building up from our goalkeeper, pass the ball to each other and controlling the game with the ball to make the opponent move and try to recover the ball. In this way creating space and gaps for the fast players and strikers to use. But basically creating with the ball, controlling the game with the ball." - So just the same failed policy as Stam and Clement then.

"Middlesbrough are in fourth position but if you look at the match the Reading players deserved to win the match. Especially for what they created and what they did in the second half." - We had NO shots on target in the second half of today's game!

"My staff are studying them and I will sit with my staff to study all the small details about Millwall. It will be a very important match for us." - No oxf*rd shit Sherlock?!?!

"If it's not possible this season, it will be difficult but not impossible, but at least in the next season we must put the club in the Premier League." - Jesus oxf*rd H Christ! So we're trying to get to the PL this season?!?!?!? Is this idiot for real?

I am at my wits end with the owners and this nonce of a "manager". Average stay at his SEVENTEEN posts since 1995 = 7 months. Pinnacle of his career, winning the Saudi Cup in 2016, the SAUDI Cup!!! Largest salary ever given to any manager in RFC's ENTIRE history. Are the owners seriously saying there is no one better to get us out of this mess? The Iranian spiv is laughing all the way to the bank and will not give a toss when Gomes is sacked before Easter and we are relegated and in administration for the start of next season in the third tier. I am very, very angry right now.

I kind of agree with you.....but might have put it a slightly calmer way.

Yeah, I wouldnt have used the word Nonce either.
But that long list of previous clubs is really off putting. It really smacks of a future contract break (via a sacking) with the inevitable pay off for him and his four staff. If we marry that with a squad size increase, this could get really expensive for us. Letting Clement sell 6 and buy 2 is beginning to look like the more sensible (if not more boring) option. But, yeah, actual critique of the man himself begins when hes actually in charge.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 23 Dec 2018 08:01

I had hoped when Howe came on board, that he would help to ‘ turn the ship around ‘ - I fear we could be heading for the rocks now... :cry:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Dec 2018 08:30

The squad is geared to passing football of Gomes’ style. Last thing needed is another complete rebuild and ethos change throughout the club. Rather they played that style well than went a different way like that terrible cr@p Middlesbrough have their mega million pound squad playing.

Thought Reading did have a couple of “shots” on target in the 2nd half, not very good ones but shots nonetheless.

Nice to see he is aiming high. Promotion is not impossible though obviously about as likely as there ever being a competent government in this country again. Rather he got everyone aiming for the stars and just missing than aiming for the top of an anthill and just missing.

Like it or not the decision has been made so let’s just get behind him and support him and what he’s trying do for a while and just perhaps he might be able to keep the club up and then slowly turn it into something worthwhile again.

Whoever came in would have a big problem with a squad continually riddled with injury (for example you could say only 1 of yesterday’s defence would usually start in a full strength squad) and over bloated with midfielders. There HAS to be as much change in the squad as possible in January with as many going as possible.

Apparently Gomes knows and has contacts with the Wolves management team so that’s possibly something useful for him to be able to draw on.

King Cnut

by King Cnut » 23 Dec 2018 09:08

Why would anyone wear a nasty Primark jumper to such an important unveiling?

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 23 Dec 2018 09:16

Same here. It's an idiotic appointment.

What also worries me is how does this affect us regarding Financial Fair Play?
We spent all last season trying to stay on the right side of FFP and with Gomes' reported RFC deal, plus the £1M pay-of to his old club and having to pay off all of Clement's backroom team with our current attendances I can't see how we won't be in breach of FFP in a few months time. That's before we even think about January's reported transfer budget.

And all this for a complete nobody who has a zero CV and has an exotic name.
Let's be honest if this bloke had been English and had worked abroad in Hungary, Saudi Arabia and Portugal and had returned home with this pathetic CV not one single person on earth would even consider him for this job.

And Nigel Howe has sat back and allowed this to happen. Shambles of a club.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 23 Dec 2018 09:33

Seems to be a case of any Portuguese in a storm.

The Reading job was offered to two middleweight (at very best) Portuguese managers who nobody round here had ever heard of. Including Nigel Howe, I suspect. 'Fit with the Reading mould' - ha!

Why is being Portuguese the absolute top priority? Because we're going to get a banded pack of Portuguese contractors (sorry, players) in the Jan window. It's the Wolves 2017 strategy - which knowing Reading we'll try and do at a third of the price and with the obvious consequence.

To me it looks like the agent has got in-between Nigel and the owners and pitched the 'I made a fortune for Wolves Chinese owners, it's dead easy, I can do the same for you' spiel. We'll see, obviously.

But I'm not happy. It makes our club look like a warehouse for jobbing footballers. Our squad is already bloated, injured and undistinguished. To stay within FFP we may have to get rid of what assets we do have in order to accommodate yet more new men. It's an agent's project. We need points, scrappy wins against the likes of Millwall and Rotherham - now. Get what we have fit, organised and motivated. Is Joe Gnomes our man?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Dec 2018 09:42

Conspiracy says it’s actually George Clooney getting into method acting for a role he’s got coming up soon. With him having a house in Sonning as well it’s all starting to make sense. Expect Sylvester Stallone and Michael Caine to join the coaching staff next.

313 posts