Total votes: 127
Singing Defective

Re: José Gomes whelmguage

by Singing Defective » 24 Dec 2018 18:44

Zip
Victor Meldrew
Zip

What about Merry Christmas to the rest of us you tight oxf*rd

All right then the same to you and fellow HNA brothers and sisters-it's just that HR hasn't been on here for ages.

Merry Christmas to you as well

Sorry, as a newb confused by protocol on here: Do we now get to watch OMA play NYS in the trenches whilst smoking something, or..

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 25 Dec 2018 00:12

Hampshire Royal I've heard that Aluko was very good when he was at Fulham. I too would be disappointed f he picked Aluko, bearing in mind that he has been dog-shit while at Reading.

But

If he allows the team to play to Aluko's strengths he might have a better team.

You never know....

And what strengths are those, Iv'e watched him enough games now to know he is shot, best days are gone.
bin the fukker off in january

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 25 Dec 2018 09:24

I've not been away, Victor, It's just that It's been difficult to know what to say when each thread, no matter what the subject, always seems to descend to childish sniping between posters.

In the past, at least the sniping was relevant to the thread and marginally more intelligent.

Spot the miserable old got on the board. :?

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 25 Dec 2018 14:01

[quote="Hampshire Royal"]I've not been away, Victor, It's just that It's been difficult to know what to say when each thread, no matter what the subject, always seems to descend to childish sniping between posters.

In the past, at least the sniping was relevant to the thread and marginally more intelligent.

Spot the miserable old got on the board. :?[/quote]

I'll second that. This board used to be interesting and amusing. Now there are a small number of posters that poison most threads.

Happy Christmas!

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 25 Dec 2018 15:20

Emmer Green Royal
Hampshire Royal I've not been away, Victor, It's just that It's been difficult to know what to say when each thread, no matter what the subject, always seems to descend to childish sniping between posters.

I'll second that. This board used to be interesting and amusing. Now there are a small number of posters that poison most threads.

Happy Christmas!

Hi Hants, it’s been a while. Hope things are good with you. Yeah, my recent experience in here has not been good, either. You aren't alone, and many veteran posters have left for similar reasons, I think. Anyway, good to see you, and happy holidays!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Dec 2018 17:54

Gunny Fishcake My conspiracy theory is this ploy is to drive the club into administration , fold us up and develop the land all around the Madjeski .......I'm kidding.....I think.

We don't own the land around the stadium, and there are easier ways to fold a club if there was a conspiracy.

3points We should expect early wins. It’s called the new manager bounce. We didn’t get it under McD2, nor Clement when he came in. If there’s is no bounce then there’s little point in changing managers mid way through a season. How long it lasts is key though and it hasn’t really worked for Ipswich.

Pretty sure the evidence suggests that there's no such thing as a new manager bounce. Clubs who change manager don't have better results than comparable sides who keep their manager. The perception of a bounce is just the result of regression to the mean. Given that we were in relatively good form when Clement was sacked and have been relatively poor under Marshall, I think there's a case to be made either way for the effect of regression on our current form.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 25 Dec 2018 21:01

Hampshire Royal I've not been away, Victor, It's just that It's been difficult to know what to say when each thread, no matter what the subject, always seems to descend to childish sniping between posters.

There's very little sniping on here.....just arguments. People disagree and posters argue....but to be honest it's never nasty. I think we know where to draw the line. You want to see real nastiness go and visit other club sites. I've read awful things on some of those.....especially on the bigger clubs forums.
I think generally people make constructive arguements as a whole.
Merry Christmas by the way. To everyone.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Dec 2018 21:27

Ascotexgunner

There's very little sniping on here.....just arguments. People disagree and posters argue....but to be honest it's never nasty. I think we know where to draw the line. You want to see real nastiness go and visit other club sites. I've read awful things on some of those.....especially on the bigger clubs forums.

oxf*rd off you Welsh oxf*rd.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 25 Dec 2018 21:52

Zip
Ascotexgunner

hahahaha Merry Christmas Zip.....We are gonna qualify for the next one went we :D

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Dec 2018 22:03

Ascotexgunner
Zip
Ascotexgunner

hahahaha Merry Christmas Zip.....We are gonna qualify for the next one went we :D

Merry Christmas Ascot. Yep we sure are.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Aug 2019 13:41

positively whelmed.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 09 Aug 2019 14:00

maffff positively whelmed.

If a manager is judged on signings then positively whelmed.

Let's see how he is tactically and through the results we pick up before deciding.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Aug 2019 14:15

StellaPlease

Let's see how he is tactically and through the results we pick up before deciding.

Based on the end of last season through to now. Time will tell, but that's the current standing in my view.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 Aug 2019 14:38

completely and utterly whelmed, and firmly so

very much like everything he does and says, as well as his hair/teeth/lovely face/tan

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 09 Aug 2019 15:35

Approaching maximum whelmage....

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 09 Aug 2019 16:13

maffff
StellaPlease

Based on the end of last season through to now. Time will tell, but that's the current standing in my view.

Wait, it’s actually the manager that’s making the signings at our club again? Well, he gets a pass from me no matter what, cos at least the idea and the intent was spot on.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 09 Aug 2019 16:14

I'm still not drinking the Koolade. I found his post match on Saturday a bit Adkins-esque. We train well, we have good movement, we were positive, etc etc but the reality was we didn't play well nor create enough chances.

I think with this transfer investment and chicanery by Uncle Dai & Big Nige he'll be under a lot of pressure to deliver results quickly. And I really hope he does. I'm not sure Uncle Dai is going to be the most patient of owners when it comes to keeping managers now.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 09 Aug 2019 17:07

3points I'm still not drinking the Koolade. I found his post match on Saturday a bit Adkins-esque. We train well, we have good movement, we were positive, etc etc but the reality was we didn't play well nor create enough chances.

I think with this transfer investment and chicanery by Uncle Dai & Big Nige he'll be under a lot of pressure to deliver results quickly. And I really hope he does. I'm not sure Uncle Dai is going to be the most patient of owners when it comes to keeping managers now.

I could certainly envisage Christmas rolling round with us struggling towards the bottom of the table and the love affair with Gomes ending. Very interesting now with the signings that pressure is on for results to follow, as you suggest.

He's certainly improved a lot of things around the club/off the pitch, now the performances on the pitch need to match.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Aug 2019 17:16

So Jose has undeniably succeeded in his first job at the club. He improved us in results and performances. He kept us up. He has engaged the fans in positivity and the place has a much better feel.

It's hard to feel anything but love for the guy.

I do have a few reservations, in that I don't like the way he sets the team up to play out... any more than I liked the way McDermott set us up to play kick and rush at times. But if it works then great, because results are key.

I'm also not keen on how he handled publically criticising Kelly, and Mannone seemed hard done by too despite the clear need to shift him.

So overall I'm sitting a little below overwhelmed, but pretty substantially whelmed. And no where near underwhelmed.

Get us to finish 15th or higher this season and I'll be very whelmed indeed.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Aug 2019 21:47

Denver Royal
maffff
StellaPlease

Wait, it’s actually the manager that’s making the signings at our club again?

Must have a say but there's Kia's fingerprints over Rafael, Miazga, João, Boyé and Puscas at the bare minimum.