MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a) sponsored by Yakubu

220 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a) sponsored by Yakubu

by Snowball » 17 Jan 2019 13:47

Southampton say they need fresh legs on Saturday

Hasenhuttl on squad rotation: "I think we really need fresh players on Saturday, because 120 minutes is tough for them.

"Not every position can I make a rotation, that is not possible because of the injuries we have, so we will have a look.

"It depends on how psychically strong every player is. I have a few players who are strong, but some who are not so far in their development.

"I have to have a good eye on the guys today and tomorrow and see how fresh they are."

Duffy

by Duffy » 18 Jan 2019 10:45

Never a better time to play Derby. As Kool and the gang would say, we should be 'Fresh'.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Jan 2019 11:00

Key will be to get on the front foot from the off and pressure Derby an not let them build into the game. Do that, and ideally nick an early goal and we stand a good chance here.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jan 2019 11:05

Stranded Key will be to get on the front foot from the off and pressure Derby an not let them build into the game. Do that, and ideally nick an early goal and we stand a good chance here.

Sustained intensity would be nice. Something we've been lacking. I really think we need a first half lead to keep some confidence for the game.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Jan 2019 11:05

Mentally you’d like to think they might be ever so slightly distracted with them already eyeing up a place in the 5th round after an “easy” tie next.

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 18 Jan 2019 13:30

thanks

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2019 16:38

Win this and I might think about some positivity.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Jan 2019 16:53

Harry Wilson is expected to start for Derby but Tom Lawrence picked up a hamstring injury so won't be involved. Frank Lampard says he will change the Derby starting line up to keep things fresh and he will include 2/3 of their academy players on the bench.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Jan 2019 17:01

Sutekh Harry Wilson is expected to start for Derby but Tom Lawrence picked up a hamstring injury so won't be involved. Frank Lampard says he will change the Derby starting line up to keep things fresh and he will include 2/3 of their academy players on the bench.

Not good to see anyone injured, but this is a bit of a bonus.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jan 2019 17:37

Yeah always rated him. Though Derby fans seem slightly less keen

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jan 2019 17:48

Snowflake Royal Win this and I might think about some positivity.

How about a well fought draw?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Jan 2019 19:53

Hendo
Sutekh Harry Wilson is expected to start for Derby but Tom Lawrence picked up a hamstring injury so won't be involved. Frank Lampard says he will change the Derby starting line up to keep things fresh and he will include 2/3 of their academy players on the bench.

Not good to see anyone injured, but this is a bit of a bonus.

It would much better if it was Wilson who was out. Lawrence is nothing special. We need to be very careful not to give free kicks away on the edge of the penalty because Wilson will punish us.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 18 Jan 2019 20:11

Absolutely throwing it down with snow here in Chesterfield. Similar scenes all round the county. Well....we usually beat Derby in the snow......

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Jan 2019 21:04

Kitsondinho Absolutely throwing it down with snow here in Chesterfield. Similar scenes all round the county. Well....we usually beat Derby in the snow......

I remember a game at Pride Park, probably about 10 years ago where the conditions were oxf*rd horrific, I think only 100 or so fans made it in the end, I was living in Derby at the time so could just walk it, ended up winning 2-1, think Long scored twice.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Jan 2019 21:32

tidus_mi2
Kitsondinho Absolutely throwing it down with snow here in Chesterfield. Similar scenes all round the county. Well....we usually beat Derby in the snow......

I remember a game at Pride Park, probably about 10 years ago where the conditions were oxf*rd horrific, I think only 100 or so fans made it in the end, I was living in Derby at the time so could just walk it, ended up winning 2-1, think Long scored twice.

I remember a game against them circa 85/86 that I was due to go to at the Baseball Ground to meet up with my Derby supporting mate. It was very foggy on the day so I thought the game would be off so didn’t go. Gilkesey scored in the murk and we drew 1-1

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Jan 2019 21:39

tidus_mi2

Wasn’t it snowing when we beat them at our place when Savage went in goal? Long missed a penalty against him iirc.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 18 Jan 2019 22:30

tidus_mi2

Yup. I too was in the away end for that glorious (but frozen) afternoon.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jan 2019 00:08

NewCorkSeth

Nope. One win in five isn't enough to get my juices flowing.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Jan 2019 00:53

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth

I’d be happy with a point. It’s far too early to say we have turned a corner after a solitary win. I fear some posters may be disappointed tomorrow night. We are still deep in it.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Jan 2019 03:35

Zip
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth How about a well fought draw?

I’d be happy with a point. It’s far too early to say we have turned a corner after a solitary win. I fear some posters may be disappointed tomorrow night. We are still deep in it.

To be honest, after tomorrow up until mid March, our fixtures really aren't too bad

Bolton away - massive game
Villa - shocking form
Wednesday - not doing great
Blackburn - poor away form
United - difficult
Rotherham - massive game
Ipswich - massive game
Wigan - massive game

Those three fixtures of Rotherham, Ipswich and Wigan could make/break our season because April is not a kind month one bit

220 posts