MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a) sponsored by Nicky Forster

236 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a) sponsored by Nicky Forster

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2019 16:04

windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal Tim Dellor's watching a different match to me, he's saying there's nothing wrong with Reading between the two boxes. Our midfield looked utter shite first half against Blackburn and so far today.

The whole of the 60% possession can be in defence can it?

I didn't say we haven't had possession, I said our midfield has been shite. Loads of loose passes, very slow ponderous play and no pressure on the ball.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2019 16:06

So 3-0 at HT and a similarly poor performance as Blackburn first half against a team with the quality to actually punish us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Feb 2019 16:06

We have to be very careful here. Goal difference could be crucial. The games is lost. We need to just shut up shop and avoid a real trouncing

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Feb 2019 16:07

Snowflake Royal Tim Dellor's watching a different match to me, he's saying there's nothing wrong with Reading between the two boxes. Our midfield looked utter shite first half against Blackburn and so far today.

That's because Dellor has no idea, Ejaria, Baker, Kelly and Swift have been pathetic

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2019 16:07

Zip We have to be very careful here. Goal difference could be crucial. The games is lost. We need to just shut up shop and avoid a real trouncing

Yeah, but we can't because everything beyond our back five are soft as shite and almost incapable of attempt a challenge let alone succeeding with one.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 16 Feb 2019 16:07

strap
windermereROYAL Expected defeat and we still get meltdown tonight, the next 3 are important, lets put this behind us.

I think it's the manner of the defeat that is so frustrating. Just needless dicking around at the back by players who simply aren't capable enough against decent teams.

Feck knows what Oliveira must think of what's going on behind him.
It's men vs boys, Sheff showing in last couple seasons what you can do in Champ without spending billions. And oh, they made more changes from Wednesday night to their starting lineup today than we did.
We're going to need to put this game behind us very quickly.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 16 Feb 2019 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2019 16:08

URZZZZ

That's because Dellor has no idea, Ejaria, Baker, Kelly and Swift have been pathetic

And now, he's giving loads of flack to the midfield for putting in no challenges now we're 3-0 down.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Feb 2019 16:09

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL

I didn't say we haven't had possession, I said our midfield has been shite. Loads of loose passes, very slow ponderous play and no pressure on the ball.

Just like Wednesday night. As you say this time we have been punished. We must start a damn sign better against Rotherham.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2019 16:11

Zip
Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL

Just like Wednesday night. As you say this time we have been punished. We must start a damn sign better against Rotherham.

Agree. This is the problem with bringing in soft as shite Ejaria and Baker for Bacuna. No Ezatolahi and if RIno gets injured we're oxf*rd. And hey presto.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2019 16:12

Martinez getting slated for the second goal playing Kelly into trouble.

Haven't seen any of the goals to judge though. :roll:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Feb 2019 16:13

Zip
Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL

Again one has to question the team selection. Difficult away game. Starting line up should be defensive in nature. Even if it's cobbled together.

Under Clement we only conceded more than 2 goals once in 19 games. That was the 4-1 defeat at WBA. Gomes is already on 2 now.
Last edited by Lower West on 16 Feb 2019 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2019 16:15

Lower West
Zip
Snowflake Royal I didn't say we haven't had possession, I said our midfield has been shite. Loads of loose passes, very slow ponderous play and no pressure on the ball.

Again one has to question the team selection. Difficult away game. Starting line up should be defensive in nature.

In fairness, Gomes has tried Baker and Kelly and Swift and Kelly. Currently playing Baker and Swift. Ejaria also poor. None of those combinations have been any good.

There's simply no midfield bite and there are no options to fix it until Ezatolahi or Rinomhota are fit. I can't even think of a possible option from the youth side.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Feb 2019 16:16

Snowflake Royal Martinez getting slated for the second goal playing Kelly into trouble.

It was a poor decision in hindsight for sure. Whether it was Kellys injury that made it worse I dont know but I suspect.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Feb 2019 16:16

Not that it really matters but a few thoughts

- That 11 was all wrong, Richards at LB, Meite, Barrow, Baker and Ejaria shouldn't be there. OK, we don't have many options in midfield but those last two just aren't good enough and shouldn't be both playing, one of them is bad enough
- Chances are we were always going to lose today, but the manner of the defeat is appaling. Ejaria/Kelly for the first didn't track their man, Martinez for the second and the third goal is so simple
- Barrow has linked up well with Oliveira at times but there's no threat again from him in the final third
- Passing football like this is nonsense, United have the perfect balance between when to go short and when to go long
- Norwood > Any of our midfielders, but I could have told you that three years ago. I remember when people said Norwood wouldn't get in our team because we had Evans, Swift and Kelly. How wrong were they

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 16 Feb 2019 16:17

Lower West Again one has to question the team selection. Difficult away game. Starting line up should be defensive in nature. Even if it's cobbled together.

What would your team have been?
Team selection wasn't unduly slated b4 kickoff. But, we've played crap, players have made mistakes.
Oh, and Gary Madine showing what a Champ striker looks like, while we've spent the last couple years trying to figure it out.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 16 Feb 2019 16:20, edited 3 times in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2019 16:18

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Martinez getting slated for the second goal playing Kelly into trouble.

It was a poor decision in hindsight for sure. Whether it was Kellys injury that made it worse I dont know but I suspect.

Given Kelly's stature you've got to be crazy to play it to him on the edge of the box with someone on him. He's just too easy to out muscle because of his size, injury or no. Send it safe.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Feb 2019 16:19

URZZZZ

Bit of context needed. He's talking about their passing in midfield and how it's ineffective. He's criticised them for lack of creativity and bite in midfield.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2019 16:20

Denver Royal
Lower West Again one has to question the team selection. Difficult away game. Starting line up should be defensive in nature. Even if it's cobbled together.

What would your team have been?
Team selection wasn't unduly slated b4 kickoff. But, we've played crap.
Oh, and Gary Madine showing what a Champ striker looks like.

You can't have any complaints about Oliviera. If he'd had the service Madine got I'm sure we'd have a goal or two.

Now Norwood, Duffy and Fleck would walk into our team, look about and then walk right back out in disgust.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Feb 2019 16:20

Utterly. ******. Hopeless. Short passing crap ball at the back when teams are flying high in the division and pressing you is suicidal

Still, thanks to Fernando Forestieri managing to stay on the field long enough at Rotherham it really doesn't matter.

However keeping the goal difference respectable would be helpful.

Have Reading actually got the ball into the United penalty box yet?

Second half sees Bod on for Ejaria

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 Feb 2019 16:21

https://twitter.com/samisam147/status/1 ... 95137?s=20

236 posts