Man CitHEHEHE

801 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Man CitHEHEHE

by Hendo » 07 Feb 2019 11:08

6ft Kerplunk
Hendo Technically any score is a cricket score :wink:

Until the away team gets to double figures*.

* ignore stupid Aussies writing it down the wrong way round.

Well quite, however, if you could point me in the direction the last time an away team, in a professional game scored +10, that’d be great. :wink:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 10 Feb 2019 16:42

4-0 after 24 minutes including an 18 minute Aguero hat-trick with him also missing a comedy open goal

:shock:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Feb 2019 16:43

Winston Biscuit 4-0 after 24 minutes including an 18 minute Aguero hat-trick with him also missing a comedy open goal

Hat trick?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 10 Feb 2019 16:54

leon
Winston Biscuit 4-0 after 24 minutes including an 18 minute Aguero hat-trick with him also missing a comedy open goal

Hat trick?

Well spotted, you have passed this test.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Feb 2019 18:29

bcubed
Old Man Andrews
bcubed
Not with a pitch as churned up as last night plus ome more driving rain. City's prima donnas will not fancy it one bit.

I think you might have to give Man City and Pep Guardiola a bit more credit than that. Would like to be wrong but can see it being a cricket score.

Maybe but if Newport is as inhospitable as last night who knows?!

Its not (as inhospitable) and the pitch even looks ok. But Newport are holding their own and it took a great save to stop them taking the lead.

If we could just add some cold wind and some driving rain who knows....

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Feb 2019 11:07

bcubed
bcubed
Old Man Andrews
I think you might have to give Man City and Pep Guardiola a bit more credit than that. Would like to be wrong but can see it being a cricket score.

Its not (as inhospitable) and the pitch even looks ok. But Newport are holding their own and it took a great save to stop them taking the lead.

Foden said afterwards that it was the worst surface he has ever played on.
How fortunate modern players are to play on the equivalent of a cricket square every week.

BTW good players can play on any surface, as we saw last night, and so many of the brilliant Brazilians and Argentinians honed their skills by playing on any old surface in their formative years.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Feb 2019 17:31

Victor Meldrew
bcubed
bcubed

Foden said afterwards that it was the worst surface he has ever played on.
How fortunate modern players are to play on the equivalent of a cricket square every week.

BTW good players can play on any surface, as we saw last night, and so many of the brilliant Brazilians and Argentinians honed their skills by playing on any old surface in their formative years.

I still think anyone would have struggled to play quality football on the night Boro played them. Proper old school game that was

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Feb 2019 21:19

City got done by VAR for that first penalty. I'm sorry but if it takes over 3 minutes to overturn the refs original decision how can it be clear and obvious?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 20 Feb 2019 21:57

Old Man Andrews City got done by VAR for that first penalty. I'm sorry but if it takes over 3 minutes to overturn the refs original decision how can it be clear and obvious?

Var has to go. 3 minutes in this game, 2 in ajax game. It is a joke. How can rugby get it so right but this so wrong.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Feb 2019 22:17

Really enjoyed that game, excellent last 20 minutes. City showed their class and did really well to win it.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Feb 2019 00:13

The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews City got done by VAR for that first penalty. I'm sorry but if it takes over 3 minutes to overturn the refs original decision how can it be clear and obvious?

Var has to go. 3 minutes in this game, 2 in ajax game. It is a joke. How can rugby get it so right but this so wrong.

+1

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Feb 2019 10:53

Onside screen for VAR not working so ref couldn't look!

And second pen was a joke.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Feb 2019 13:44

bcubed Onside screen for VAR not working so ref couldn't look!

Joke? I didn't really pay any attention to it as it was only on it the background, but it sounded like it was a clear penalty.

VAR was a shambles though. I'm still not a fan.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Feb 2019 13:44

bcubed
The Enfield Royal71

+1

TMO decisions in rugby regularly take a number of minutes. The time itself is not the issue. It remains the way the technology is being used, and as I've raised before, fans perception of what VAR is for.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Feb 2019 17:46

Hoop Blah
bcubed Onside screen for VAR not working so ref couldn't look!

Joke? I didn't really pay any attention to it as it was only on it the background, but it sounded like it was a clear penalty.

VAR was a shambles though. I'm still not a fan.

Barely brushed the player with his hand imo.

VAR should be a welcome addition as it is in cricket or rugby but currently it's an embarrassment

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Feb 2019 21:53

VIdeo evidence is used very differently in rugby and cricket. Usually delays are because they can’t Find a clear angle rather than they can’t make a decision.
They are trying to use VAR in football in situations where it just isn’t appropriate. They are also using it in a sport that is just not grown up enough to accept ANY Decision without arguing.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Feb 2019 22:37

Nameless VIdeo evidence is used very differently in rugby and cricket. Usually delays are because they can’t Find a clear angle rather than they can’t make a decision.
They are trying to use VAR in football in situations where it just isn’t appropriate. They are also using it in a sport that is just not grown up enough to accept ANY Decision without arguing.

Agree with this, but sometimes it’s the vagueness of footballs laws that cause the problem.

I note that the hand ball law is likely to be changed and the word “deliberate” will probably be removed. It should then be clearer and more like hockey in that however it hits the hand (foot in hockey) it’s a free kick. I guess that and more changes like it might help the application of VAR

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 22 Feb 2019 21:40

bcubed
Nameless VIdeo evidence is used very differently in rugby and cricket. Usually delays are because they can’t Find a clear angle rather than they can’t make a decision.

Agree with this, but sometimes it’s the vagueness of footballs laws that cause the problem.

I note that the hand ball law is likely to be changed and the word “deliberate” will probably be removed. It should then be clearer and more like hockey in that however it hits the hand (foot in hockey) it’s a free kick. I guess that and more changes like it might help the application of VAR
so people will be able to chip it at someone point blank and get a pen? Mental

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Mar 2019 21:25

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Mar 2019 11:30

John Madejski's Wallet
bcubed

so people will be able to chip it at someone point blank and get a pen? Mental

Yeah, that's fcuking insane - there was a Chelsea appeal for a penalty against Tim Ream yesterday, rightly waved away, where Willian crossed the ball into his hand from about two feet away.

801 posts