MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Brian McDermott

298 posts
Barney
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Brian McDermott

by Barney » 11 Mar 2019 09:28

mot
URZZZZ
mot Tuesday night cant come quick enough for a nailed on 3 pointer to Leeds. This is considered the worst away ground in the Championship, with the most dullest atmosphere and supporters. Cant believe you have reduced the away allocation so a few can bang an embarrassing drum in what should be given over to away fans. So instead of 4000 in one section, you will have 2000 in the away end and 2000 in the home ends.

I'd rather be one of the "most dullest" supporters than be a thick uneducated knob like you

I suppose living in Leeds, the only interest you can have is football considering the dump you live in and the fact there's nothing else to do

erm.......Rhinos?

Are you going to sing your "Champions of Europe" song ? You know the one......when you refer to the 0-2 LOSS to Bayern Munich in 1975.
And by the way, I see that your favourite ref Ray Tinkler was subsequently knighted after the infamous Leeds/WBA game.

Total and utter embarrassment of a club. Living off of past success. Can't hack being average. And then of course there is also the brute of having to live in Leeds.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Mar 2019 10:28

Coppells Lost Coat
Old Man Andrews I'd also like to see us shithouse them a bit, wind them up early. They have a couple of real hot heads in their side.

This.
TBH we have been pretty naive and too nice which in this league, you get walked over or as we have seen many times this season the ref not dealing with opposition properly.

Yes, we are getting better though. Miazga is an ar$e, and Baker is often in the ref's ear. Shame Oli's out, as he is pretty much king of the shithouses.

I do fear for us if Moore is out. I could see the back 5 frustrating them and stealing something from a set piece if we defend well. McShane is bad enough, but after not playing for 4 months as well, could be ugly.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 10:30

Hound
Coppells Lost Coat
Old Man Andrews I'd also like to see us shithouse them a bit, wind them up early. They have a couple of real hot heads in their side.

This.
TBH we have been pretty naive and too nice which in this league, you get walked over or as we have seen many times this season the ref not dealing with opposition properly.

Yes, we are getting better though. Miazga is an ar$e, and Baker is often in the ref's ear. Shame Oli's out, as he is pretty much king of the shithouses.

I do fear for us if Moore is out. I could see the back 5 frustrating them and stealing something from a set piece if we defend well. McShane is bad enough, but after not playing for 4 months as well, could be ugly.

Think he will move Blackett to CB and bring Gunter in at LB tbh. Would rather that over McShane being anywhere near the side.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Mar 2019 10:32

possibly OMA. Not that Gunter fills me with much more confidence than McShane tbh

I genuinely would rather have McIntyre or Osho (assuming he is back with us, as mentioned he was doing the bus duty on Sat) in than McShane, but doubt it will happen

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Mar 2019 10:34

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Coppells Lost Coat
This.

Think he will move Blackett to CB and bring Gunter in at LB tbh. Would rather that over McShane being anywhere near the side.

As long as he doesn't shove Yiadom over to the left I'll be happy.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Mar 2019 10:47

I think most of Yiadom's best performances have been at left back tbh.

McIntyre is injured, 50-50 for Maidenhead. Don't think we are allowed to play Osho. Holmes is fully fit though. Advantage there is he can also add a bit of physicality in midfield if need be.

I think McShane will play. Gomes was getting ready to bring him on at the end of the Wigan game. I'd personally start Gunter.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 10:48

SCIAG I think most of Yiadom's best performances have been at left back tbh.

No.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Mar 2019 10:53

Old Man Andrews
SCIAG I think most of Yiadom's best performances have been at left back tbh.

No.

'Greed.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Mar 2019 13:20

Leeds team already confirmed for tomorrow.
Casilla, Alioski, Cooper, Jansson, Ayling, Phillips, Klich, Roberts, Harrison, Hernandez, Bamford.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 13:22

windermereROYAL Leeds team already confirmed for tomorrow.
Casilla, Alioski, Cooper, Jansson, Ayling, Phillips, Klich, Roberts, Harrison, Hernandez, Bamford.

Fills me with dread. Henandez could rip us apart at will.

pwb

by pwb » 11 Mar 2019 13:42

This is all set for Baker to score the winner in front of the away end.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Mar 2019 13:43

Old Man Andrews

They're beatable - not saying we will beat them but nothing to fear here.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 13:45

Stranded
Old Man Andrews

Not quite sure how you can say that, they have been excellent at times. They have also taken far better teams than us to the cleaners. Our only chance is an early red card for the and a lot of luck on our side.

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 11 Mar 2019 13:58

Am checking in on this thread so have not read the posts as yet.

But, just wondered if we have had our seasonal seasonal greeting from that Ascot (or somewhere close to there) twat southern based Leeds fan yet telling us that they are the true Champions of Europe (though never have been) are a bigger club than Man Utd, Barcelona and Real Madrid combined and that Leeds is such a lovely place to visit, its a wonder we all book Greece for 2 weeks for our summer holidays...

He does make me smile, if they do get up this year (only taken the kings of Europe about 17 years to do that), I will miss his annual message)... .

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 11 Mar 2019 14:03

Old Man Andrews
Stranded
Old Man Andrews

Not quite sure how you can say that, they have been excellent at times. They have also taken far better teams than us to the cleaners. Our only chance is an early red card for the and a lot of luck on our side.

Or set up just to frustrate. The longer it stays goalless the more pressure is on them, a point is worth more to us then it is for Leeds.
I try not to watch Leeds but when I have they soak up pressure quite well and then score a sweeping goal in a few passes.....doesn't bode well.

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 11 Mar 2019 14:20

sandman Former Champions League semi finalists obsessed by the playing style, atmosphere and attendance of Reading FC.

How the mighty have fallen. :lol:

Even when they were mighty, they kept screwing it up..

In that period of the late 60's and early 70's when they did have a very good side they kept blowing it.. FA Cup Finals, The European Cup Final against Bayern and how many times did they screw up the league and only finish 2nd? 4 maybe 5 times...

I guess if they lose tomorrow night their fans will be walking over the bonnets of peoples cars again in that way that makes them the most loved club in the country...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Mar 2019 14:35

Old Man Andrews
Stranded
Old Man Andrews

I can say that as that is identical to the line up that played in the following game:

QPR 1 Leeds 0

That is QPR's only win in 14 games. Leeds have also lost 5 of their last 12. They are beatable.

They could well turn up and stuff us 4-0 tomorrow or they could perform as they did at QPR and we get another handy 3 points.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Mar 2019 14:36

Coppells Lost Coat
Old Man Andrews
Stranded

Or set up just to frustrate. The longer it stays goalless the more pressure is on them, a point is worth more to us then it is for Leeds.
I try not to watch Leeds but when I have they soak up pressure quite well and then score a sweeping goal in a few passes.....doesn't bode well.

Practically no strikers and no midfielders left, there's not much else Reading could set up to do but even that might be difficult given the possibility Moore will be missing.

This one could either turn out to be the proverbial turkey shoot or the glorious Alamo.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 14:37

Stranded
Old Man Andrews
Stranded

I can say that as that is identical to the line up that played in the following game:

QPR 1 Leeds 0

That is QPR's only win in 14 games. Leeds have also lost 5 of their last 12. They are beatable.

They could well turn up and stuff us 4-0 tomorrow or they could perform as they did at QPR and we get another handy 3 points.

I'd be inclined to agree with you if we had a fully fit midfield, just can't see us being able to stifle them and restrict the counter attack opportunities with the central midfield we currently have.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Mar 2019 14:39

Old Man Andrews
Stranded
Old Man Andrews

QPR 1 Leeds 0

I'd be inclined to agree with you if we had a fully fit midfield, just can't see us being able to stifle them and restrict the counter attack opportunities with the central midfield we currently have.

Not sure which bit you are inclining to agree with:

a) That Leeds are beatable
b) That they could stuff us
c) That we could get a handy 3 points

Not sure the nature of our midfield changes any of the above.

298 posts