CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

725 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Apr 2019 17:14

Denver Royal
Snowflake Royal
Denver Royal Luv the first part, but not the second. Can't we have the other 4 loanees too?

Martinez and Miazga are probably out of our reach.

Baker and Ejaria unlikely to be in the same League cost wise. All of them probably easier to find affordable alternatives for than Nelson.

Hmmm, so Nelson took all our money.
If you could have him, or the other 4 combined, which would you choose?

Given two of them are unlikely to come here regardless, and I think we have a good chance of reasonably priced decent alternatives for all four. Nelson.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 01 Apr 2019 19:46

Just hoping Miazga does a Liam Moore and decides he needs regular football and make a home for himself. If he buys into the Gomes vision it would be a possibility. Anyone know how long left he has on his Chelsea contract?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Apr 2019 19:52

It expires next year, he'll be 24 by then and could go on a free so there could be scope for a bid this summer.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Apr 2019 20:32

He didn’t have a particularly successful loan abroad before he joined us. There’s definitely scope to sign him, just how closely other teams inc Chelsea have been paying attention

Would love to sign him. Would be huge

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Apr 2019 23:40

I think if I was to prioritise which loan signings I'd keep, it would look something like this

Miazga
Baker
Martinez
Oliveira
Ejaria

Possibly push Oliveira up but he's too injury prone so far for my liking. Miazga hasn't put a foot wrong since joining, Baker has really excelled in midfield too and is a position we have struggled with for a long time now. People will put Martinez top but he's made 3 or 4 poor errors so far leading to goals which does slightly cancel out some of the good saves he does make. Ejaria is OK, and age is on his side. Wouldn't be upset if we kept any of them in all honesty

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 02 Apr 2019 00:12

URZZZZ I think if I was to prioritise which loan signings I'd keep, it would look something like this

Miazga
Baker
Martinez
Oliveira
Ejaria

Possibly push Oliveira up but he's too injury prone so far for my liking. Miazga hasn't put a foot wrong since joining, Baker has really excelled in midfield too and is a position we have struggled with for a long time now. People will put Martinez top but he's made 3 or 4 poor errors so far leading to goals which does slightly cancel out some of the good saves he does make. Ejaria is OK, and age is on his side. Wouldn't be upset if we kept any of them in all honesty

I'd personally go:

Miazga
Oliveira
Baker
Martinez
Ejaria
Eza (haven't seen him play enough to really judge)

though I'd want to keep them all if possible.

I don't get not being too fussed about NO - we haven't had a great goalscorer for ages. He's got 3 in 6, which whilst admittedly is a small sample size, is far better than anyone else we have. He made 40 appearances last season and 31 the one before that, which I don't think is indicative of being particularly injury prone.

Martinez has been decent, but I think a decent Championship keeper is easier to sign than a prolific Championship goalscorer, hence why he's down the list.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Apr 2019 00:32

CavershamRoyal
URZZZZ I think if I was to prioritise which loan signings I'd keep, it would look something like this

Miazga
Baker
Martinez
Oliveira
Ejaria

I'd personally go:

Miazga
Oliveira
Baker
Martinez
Ejaria
Eza (haven't seen him play enough to really judge)

though I'd want to keep them all if possible.

I don't get not being too fussed about NO - we haven't had a great goalscorer for ages. He's got 3 in 6, which whilst admittedly is a small sample size, is far better than anyone else we have. He made 40 appearances last season and 31 the one before that, which I don't think is indicative of being particularly injury prone.

Martinez has been decent, but I think a decent Championship keeper is easier to sign than a prolific Championship goalscorer, hence why he's down the list.

Yet he only scored 8 goals in 40 appearances last season, which is hardly amazing. He's a good striker but I think from the whole time here, the other three have made a bigger impact (and that's from someone who disliked Baker at the start)

Plus I'm hoping Novakovich can step up and make the difference next season. As I previously said, the midfield has been a problem for a while

But TBH, Miazga was top by quite a bit, with Ejaria and Eza (forgot about him) lagging slightly behind. The three in the middle are easily interchangeable

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Apr 2019 00:54

Bit tough to describe Oliviera as injury prone.
He’s had 2 injuries, one of which he appears to have made an almost superhuman recovery from, the other involved someone stamping on his face. Even that he returned incredibly quickly from. I’d suggest that any thought that he gets injured a lot is more than balanced by the fact that he seems to heal quickly and has the right attitude about wanting to play.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2019 07:26

Nameless Bit tough to describe Oliviera as injury prone.
He’s had 2 injuries, one of which he appears to have made an almost superhuman recovery from, the other involved someone stamping on his face. Even that he returned incredibly quickly from. I’d suggest that any thought that he gets injured a lot is more than balanced by the fact that he seems to heal quickly and has the right attitude about wanting to play.

+1

Oli
Miazga
Martinez
Baker = Ezatolahi
Ejaria

In order of priority for me.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 02 Apr 2019 07:39

i think Baker has been really underrated on here. His performances over the last few weeks have been pretty much faultless and he does the simple things well allowing others to play. Him being here has also allowed Swift more freedom further forward.

Oliveira brings a nasty side to our team, I think we've been guilty of being a bit too nice in the last few years. I think Miazga, Martinez, Baker and Nelson should be targeted permanently or if not back on loan next year for Baker and Miazga.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 02 Apr 2019 08:43

Nameless Bit tough to describe Oliviera as injury prone.

Indeed

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Apr 2019 08:51

gazzer, loyal royal i think Baker has been really underrated on here. His performances over the last few weeks have been pretty much faultless and he does the simple things well allowing others to play. Him being here has also allowed Swift more freedom further forward.

Yep big fan. Improved a lot since he has been here, and would think is definitely one of those who we have an option of some sort on. Really looks like he is enjoying it here as well.

Reckon he is the most likely to join for next year, prob a season long loan

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Apr 2019 08:53

Hound
gazzer, loyal royal i think Baker has been really underrated on here. His performances over the last few weeks have been pretty much faultless and he does the simple things well allowing others to play. Him being here has also allowed Swift more freedom further forward.

Yep big fan. Improved a lot since he has been here, and would think is definitely one of those who we have an option of some sort on. Really looks like he is enjoying it here as well.

Yeah. The friendship with Swift and the passion has been showing (and hopefully Gomes) should be reasons to come back.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Apr 2019 08:59

reckon Swift might go in the summer. Probably our most sellable asset along with Barrow. Reckon they'll just send that first goal on Saturday round to every champ club and invite offers for the pair of them

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Apr 2019 09:02

Hound reckon Swift might go in the summer. Probably our most sellable asset along with Barrow. Reckon they'll just send that first goal on Saturday round to every champ club and invite offers for the pair of them

Could see Swift at Derby, think he's the sort of player Lampard would like. They will lose Mason Mount and Harry Wilson at the end of the season too and will need affordable replacements.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 02 Apr 2019 09:04

NewCorkSeth
Hound

Yeah. The friendship with Swift and the passion has been showing (and hopefully Gomes) should be reasons to come back.

Keep all of these next season and we will be in the playoffs minimum,

Miazga
Oliveira
Baker
Martinez
Ejaria
Eza

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Apr 2019 09:04

Martinez would be top for me.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Apr 2019 09:13

Old Man Andrews
Hound reckon Swift might go in the summer. Probably our most sellable asset along with Barrow. Reckon they'll just send that first goal on Saturday round to every champ club and invite offers for the pair of them

Could see Swift at Derby, think he's the sort of player Lampard would like. They will lose Mason Mount and Harry Wilson at the end of the season too and will need affordable replacements.

Don't think he'd be cheap tbh. Derby historically would be a good bet, not sure how much money they have nowadays

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Apr 2019 09:17

Look, I love the "football manager" style, pipe dream signing as much as the next person but there is not a hope in hell we will get Martinez.

He has consistently shown he is better than a championship player. Arsenal will be looking to keep him for next season. For sure. Their other 2 back up keepers are off. The wont sell or loan him.

I think it's hard at this point to say Swift will be off. If the story about Meite leaving being blocked by the owner is true then why would he allow us to sell Swift?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Apr 2019 09:26

just a guess really Seth. Sounds like we'll need to sell some players to help balance the books and to bring in Oli and co if we do stay up.

We might be able to scrape enough together from wage savings and offloading McNulty, Kelly, Bod/Baldock, Gunter and a couple of U23s, but reckon if someone put in an acceptable bid for Barrow or Swift, it'd probably be accepted

725 posts