MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by Terry Hurlock

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by Terry Hurlock

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Apr 2019 18:54

Seems that we have a decent manager bringing forth decent players.....just hope that it’s not just for the £ sell-ons

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Apr 2019 19:21

Snowflake Royal Told you he just needed a run of games.

Yep, and I agreed with this at the time. He was immense before he got injured and he is back at that level. 13 goals is it this season? That’s a superb effort

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Apr 2019 21:00

URZZZZ
AthleticoSpizz maybe he was right back then?

Meite has raised his stakes recently...that’s called progression I guess

Well done Jose

Exactly this, he didn’t look a championship player for the first two months or between December - March time. Now he’s looking a lot better and credit due

He was coming back from injury then though. He also liked Clement so probably took
it badly when he was sacked and wasn’t then really in Gomes plans to begin with. He’s done really well and once again got in and amongst the opposition players today. I’ve lost count of the number of times an opposition player has gone down injured after a tussle with Meite.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Apr 2019 21:00

Hound

Yep, and I agreed with this at the time. He was immense before he got injured and he is back at that level. 13 goals is it this season? That’s a superb effort

I think it’s now 12. A great effort.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Apr 2019 21:05

12 league and 1 in the cup?

I’m not sure just that’s what I had off top of my head

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2019 21:08

Zip
Hound

Whoscored says 11 in 29(6) in the League. 6 in 13 upfront...

That's a pretty decent strike rate

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Apr 2019 21:13

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Hound

Whoscored says 11 in 29(6) in the League. 6 in 13 upfront...

That's a pretty decent strike rate

Plus one goal in the Cup.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Apr 2019 21:26

Sounds like 12 it is. Either way a great return

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Apr 2019 21:34

Hound Sounds like 12 it is. Either way a great return

Tim said it was 12 total. If he keeps this up next season we will be wringing our hands.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Apr 2019 22:02

Zip
URZZZZ
AthleticoSpizz maybe he was right back then?

Meite has raised his stakes recently...that’s called progression I guess

Well done Jose

Exactly this, he didn’t look a championship player for the first two months or between December - March time. Now he’s looking a lot better and credit due

He was coming back from injury then though. He also liked Clement so probably took
it badly when he was sacked and wasn’t then really in Gomes plans to begin with. He’s done really well and once again got in and amongst the opposition players today. I’ve lost count of the number of times an opposition player has gone down injured after a tussle with Meite.

He started Gomes' first three games so he was in his plans. Just he played so poorly in them he was dropped from the squad after them and he tried to loan him out

But now, as others have alluded to, he's been given a proper run in his preferred position and he's excelling. It's not rocket science. He's dangerous facing the opposition goal but sloppy with his back to goal. That makes him a better winger

Starting to change my mind over POTS. Obviously Rino and Yiadom will get top two, but Meite has really played himself into contention. It's now not just run where he's played well in, he's shown he can do it on a wider basis. Originally had Blackett as 3rd but think that may be my surprise at his improvement rather than how well he's done

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2019 22:05

URZZZZ
Zip
URZZZZ

He started Gomes' first three games so he was in his plans. Just he played so poorly in them he was dropped from the squad after them and he tried to loan him out

But now, as others have alluded to, he's been given a proper run in his preferred position and he's excelling. It's not rocket science. He's dangerous facing the opposition goal but sloppy with his back to goal. That makes him a better winger

Starting to change my mind over POTS. Obviously Rino and Yiadom will get top two, but Meite has really played himself into contention. It's now not just run where he's played well in, he's shown he can do it on a wider basis. Originally had Blackett as 3rd but think that may be my surprise at his improvement rather than how well he's done

Half his goals have come when playing upfront. And he spent half of today leading the line rotating with Oliveira.