SpuROFLs

884 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: SpuROFLs

by Hendo » 24 Apr 2019 16:50

Winston Biscuit don't like stats like that

If you cut 2 years out in the middle and only then go so far back that Spurs only face 4 other 'big' teams then they have won loads of games!!!1!!1!!

I file that alongside 'x is the top scorer in this calendar year!'. Football here doesn't work in calendar years m8 so that's irrelevant

Take the 17 games between 19th November 2016 - 14th May 2017, as that is in the same season. Still pretty impressive.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 03 May 2019 22:06

Winston Biscuit don't like stats like that

If you cut 2 years out in the middle and only then go so far back that Spurs only face 4 other 'big' teams then they have won loads of games!!!1!!1!!

How many big teams would you expect them to have faced in 21 games?

I file that alongside 'x is the top scorer in this calendar year!'. Football here doesn't work in calendar years m8 so that's irrelevant

I think it depends what you are trying to say. If you are trying to claim somebody deserves some kind of award over someone whose stats are over a season, I'd agree. If you are just trying to show form, that's different. Reading's form, since the turn of the year, for example, has been that of a midtable side. If you are talking about how our form has turned around, it's very relevant. If you want to make a point about our whole season, it's not.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 04 May 2019 14:31

Spurs doing their best to try and miss out on a top four finish

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 04 May 2019 16:50

John Madejski's Wallet Spurs doing their best to try and miss out on a top four finish

Seems everybody is!

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 08 May 2019 22:38

Yeah, but they are in the Champions League Final.

That's a big deal for them, innit?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Aug 2019 18:13

4 wins in their last 15 Premier League matches

7 wins in their last 21 matches in all competitions

So the internet tells me anyway

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 26 Aug 2019 19:23

Lovely stuff. :D

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Sep 2019 15:08

Harry Kane on his dive "It's one of them, it could be given".

I presume he's talking about a yellow card for simulation.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 02 Sep 2019 19:10

I find the trolling of Spurs a bit odd. All the teams they are competing with domestically have spent BUCKETS more than them, breaking into that is absolutely brutal. Even Liverpool.

Even if they did suddenly get an investor that could rival the Man City's, Chelsea's and Liverpools and start winning things, do you know what you'll all say? " well they are just buying the league anyway, no respect in that, used to like them when they played English youth", bla bla bla. English football should be rewarding well-run clubs with sensible investment, they have needed to cap spending for about a decade.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Sep 2019 13:40

Yeah poor, impoverished Spurs :roll:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 03 Sep 2019 21:33

Silver Fox Yeah poor, impoverished Spurs :roll:

They are compared to who they are competing against, yeah.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 08 Sep 2019 14:22

FiNeRaIn
Silver Fox Yeah poor, impoverished Spurs :roll:

They are compared to who they are competing against, yeah.

Royality creeps In SpuROFLS are punching way above there weight.

Yep, it's hardly a level playing field.

Citeh will likely win it again.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 10 Sep 2019 06:21

The amazing thing about Spurs is that they have managed to stay so high in the Premiership for so long, despite not spending much money for ages, and being excellent at buying rubbish players when they did. They also suffered more than most with the 2018 World Cup tiring players: Dele Ali and Trippier looked shattered all last season. They're stuffed for this season already: Pochettino is bored, Harry Kane is bored, Eriksen would rather be anywhere else, and there is about a 25% chance of their new megabucks signing keeping a starting place for long. Expect a tactical 7th place to avoid the horrors of the Europa League.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Sep 2019 11:30

Jack Celliers The amazing thing about Spurs is that they have managed to stay so high in the Premiership for so long, despite not spending much money for ages, and being excellent at buying rubbish players when they did. They also suffered more than most with the 2018 World Cup tiring players: Dele Ali and Trippier looked shattered all last season. They're stuffed for this season already: Pochettino is bored, Harry Kane is bored, Eriksen would rather be anywhere else, and there is about a 25% chance of their new megabucks signing keeping a starting place for long. Expect a tactical 7th place to avoid the horrors of the Europa League.

Spurs still run a massive wage bill and have some excellent players. They're a well managed club and I think the biggest difference is that they don't wage huge amounts on wages for players that don't really contribute, unlike the likes of United and Chelsea who they've outperformed of late.

They've still punched a little above their weight, but probably not quite as much as it's often made out.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 10 Sep 2019 13:08

Hoop Blah
Jack Celliers The amazing thing about Spurs is that they have managed to stay so high in the Premiership for so long, despite not spending much money for ages, and being excellent at buying rubbish players when they did. They also suffered more than most with the 2018 World Cup tiring players: Dele Ali and Trippier looked shattered all last season. They're stuffed for this season already: Pochettino is bored, Harry Kane is bored, Eriksen would rather be anywhere else, and there is about a 25% chance of their new megabucks signing keeping a starting place for long. Expect a tactical 7th place to avoid the horrors of the Europa League.

Spurs still run a massive wage bill and have some excellent players. They're a well managed club and I think the biggest difference is that they don't wage huge amounts on wages for players that don't really contribute, unlike the likes of United and Chelsea who they've outperformed of late.

They've still punched a little above their weight, but probably not quite as much as it's often made out.

Man United have recruited terribly since Fergie. Both managers and players, good to see that Ole has cleared the deadwood

Over the last 5 transfer windows, Utd have net spent comparatively little for a club of its size and the revenue. I used to mock Liverpool for their net spend arguments but this is slightly different. The Glazers bought the club on debt and are now spending the bare minimum on a club that desperately needs rebuilding, keeping the profits for themselves!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Sep 2019 14:40

BR0B0T Man United have recruited terribly since Fergie. Both managers and players, good to see that Ole has cleared the deadwood (1)

Over the last 5 transfer windows, Utd have net spent comparatively little for a club of its size and the revenue. I used to mock Liverpool for their net spend arguments but this is slightly different. The Glazers bought the club on debt and are now spending the bare minimum on a club that desperately needs rebuilding (2), keeping the profits for themselves!

1) No it's not, it's great to see
2) No it doesn't - this is your level now and you need to accept that
3) A Man United fan posting on a Reading fan's forum - you are a total disgrace

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 10 Sep 2019 16:27

John Smith
BR0B0T Man United have recruited terribly since Fergie. Both managers and players, good to see that Ole has cleared the deadwood (1)

Over the last 5 transfer windows, Utd have net spent comparatively little for a club of its size and the revenue. I used to mock Liverpool for their net spend arguments but this is slightly different. The Glazers bought the club on debt and are now spending the bare minimum on a club that desperately needs rebuilding (2), keeping the profits for themselves!

I joined because of AE would be quite happy to cut the TB adrift

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Sep 2019 17:34

BR0B0T
John Smith

I joined because of AE would be quite happy to cut the TB adrift

A more sensible idea would be to join a Manchester United forum. You're not wanted here.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Sep 2019 19:55

Speak for yourself.
Brobot is the foundation that AE is built on

A really fukking annoying foundation, but a foundation none the less

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 25 Sep 2019 04:53

CoLOLchester LOLZ! :D :D :D :D

884 posts