Next season

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Delboy

Next season

by Delboy » 30 Apr 2019 22:41

Looking at the teams coming down Fulham, Cardiff, Huddersfield, and those coming up Luton, Barnsley +1 do not look as strong as last season
Hopefully we can at least get mid table

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Next season

by royalp-we » 01 May 2019 01:41

Thanks, Delboy

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 01 May 2019 02:35

Delboy Looking at the teams coming down Fulham, Cardiff, Huddersfield, and those coming up Luton, Barnsley +1 do not look as strong as last season

Cardiff are not yet relegated. They could beat a Crystal Palace side with nothing to play for and anything is possible against Man U at the moment. I cant see Brighton getting anything away to Arsenal or at home to Man City!

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 01 May 2019 19:57

This time next season we’ll be millionaires

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 May 2019 20:52

Green This time next season we’ll be millionaires

Tel Aviv

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 May 2019 21:35

Summer transfer window is critical. This year we need the right players. Too many expensive failures in recent years. Hopefully consolidate than go for bust yet again.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 May 2019 22:27

To be honest I wasn`t overly impressed with JGs press conference today, when asked about the summer transfer window and the loanees he kept referring to the FFP rules, I don`t expect him to give us false hope but it was pretty depressing reading.

scumbag

by scumbag » 01 May 2019 22:40

windermereROYAL To be honest I wasn`t overly impressed with JGs press conference today, when asked about the summer transfer window and the loanees he kept referring to the FFP rules, I don`t expect him to give us false hope but it was pretty depressing reading.

I'd rather a dose of honesty than false promises personally.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 May 2019 23:06

it wasn’t overly positive, but if in fact that’s how our financial landscape is, then it’s not his fault. I suppose he could have window-dressed things up to be rosier than they are, but there ya go. Pretty sure he’d like a bigger budget than will be afforded him.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 02 May 2019 00:37, edited 2 times in total.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 May 2019 23:12

Lower West Summer transfer window is critical. This year we need the right players.

As was being said this time last year, as I recall, and look how that turned out.
As such, this Summer’s window has been made more critical by last Summer’s.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 May 2019 08:23

scumbag
windermereROYAL To be honest I wasn`t overly impressed with JGs press conference today, when asked about the summer transfer window and the loanees he kept referring to the FFP rules, I don`t expect him to give us false hope but it was pretty depressing reading.

I'd rather a dose of honesty than false promises personally.

No repeats of Adkins' 100 points and 100 goals.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 May 2019 18:27

Denver Royal
Lower West Summer transfer window is critical. This year we need the right players.

As was being said this time last year, as I recall, and look how that turned out.
As such, this Summer’s window has been made more critical by last Summer’s.

At least the club has demonstrated it's a positive environment to come as a player on loan.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 May 2019 18:35

Denver Royal Pretty sure he’d like a bigger budget than will be afforded him.

And there goes every single manager in history signing up !
Can't recall even the biggest clubs ever being told by the man in charge 'it's ok, I can win you the league on half that'

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 02 May 2019 20:55

Nameless
Denver Royal Pretty sure he’d like a bigger budget than will be afforded him.

Can't recall even the biggest clubs ever being told by the man in charge 'it's ok, I can win you the league on half that'

Were you privy to all those clubs' conversations?

I certainly wasn't in boardrooms myself, but it's conceivable to me that similar may have been said. I imagine all sorts of strategies are played out. The amount of money available to clubs to spend each year is variable, as would be the discussions, depending on circumstance.

For example, a Champ manger might say 'I really need 10 mil to fix this squad, but since we're in FFP trouble this year, I could still achieve a lot with 5 mil. And then next year, when things free up more, I can address more stuff then'.

Poch at Spurs. They haven't spent a penny in 2 windows. Maybe there was 'some' money available (they bid 25mil for Grealish last year), but I reckon it's possible he told them he understood the money was needed for the new stadium at this time, and that he could still do well with the existing squad, and still challenge, etc. And with the understanding that once in the new stadium, more money would then free up and then be made available.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 May 2019 08:43

Delboy Looking at the teams coming down Fulham, Cardiff, Huddersfield, and those coming up Luton, Barnsley +1 do not look as strong as last season

Thanks for keeping up your streak of making a completely pointless thread. You've had a great season.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 03 May 2019 16:04

Old Man Andrews

Thanks for keeping up your streak of making a completely pointless thread. You've had a great season.

How would you rate your campaign, Old Man Andrews?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 May 2019 16:15

Green
Old Man Andrews

How would you rate your campaign, Old Man Andrews?

My threads are always excellent. 9/10.

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1