BFT(final)G

110 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

BFT(final)G

by John Madejski's Wallet » 05 May 2019 16:49

Enjoyable first half, with the young'uns seeming to have a lot of fun. Gunter bombing down the wing :shock:
Though Ejaria was pretty damned good today too

Second half was a massive slog as Brum got to grips with the young front line. We always looked comfortable at the back though, which is noce

Olise looks really bright. Something a little bit off about Barrett, but can't figure out what. Lots of huff and puff but maybe he's too greedy without the end product? Anyway, that's more a judgement on his second half...… said to my mate he looks like he's too chunky..... did anyone hear the dig from Gomez about Barrett's weight issue? :lol:

Anyway, we HAVE to keep Miazga and Baker.

//reckon we won't see any of three loanees we really want to keep :cry:

percy_freeman

Re: BFT(final)G

by percy_freeman » 05 May 2019 16:59

What a difference a year makes.... We all stayed today to give our team and Manager some deserved applause, and they took it. Club 1871 take a bow, I thought it was cringeworthy when it started but how good were you today! I was sat in the SW corner and never heard Birmingham until the 92nd Min. On the field it didn't really matter but we have some real good prospects and if we can keep a couple of the loanees who knows what could happen next season. That's my 50th season done and I am now looking forward to my 51st.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 May 2019 17:03

Very enjoyable especially seeing our youngsters offer so much movement. Felt sorry for Bod not making the squad. Ditto Harriott. Both unlikely to be here next season. No game time for Baldock or Ezatolahi so can see them going too.
Club 1871 made plenty of noise. It was an uplifting finish to a slog of a season.

Martinez. 7. Had very little to do but did well when called upon
Gunter 8 Some terrific crosses and defended well. Up yours Victor 8)
Yiadom. 6 Pretty quiet today and rarely got forward
Moore. 8. Won loads of headers and defended like a lion
Miazga. 7. Not quite at his best to begin with but got better as the game wore on
Rinomhota. 7 Solid throughout the game
Baker. 8 I love his positioning and some cracking passes to the flanks.
Ejaria. 8. Terrific today. Great feet but also did a lot of good defensive work
Loader. 7. Looked mature and composed but could have been more clinical
Olise. 7. Combined really well with Gunter and showed some nice touches
Barrett. 7 Worked his heart out. Should have scored though

Barrow. 5. Didn’t really have much service but fairly ineffective
O’Shea. N/A Not on long enough
Howe. N/A. Not on long enough

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 05 May 2019 17:07

Zip Very enjoyable especially seeing our youngsters offer so much movement. Felt sorry for Bod not making the squad. Ditto Harriott. Both unlikely to be here next season. No game time for Baldock or Ezatolahi so can see them going too.
Club 1871 made plenty of noise. It was an uplifting finish to a slog of a season.

Miazga. 7. Not quite at his best to begin with but got better as the game wore on

It can`t have been Yiadom i saw in the Brum penalty area loads of times then :wink:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 May 2019 17:10

Royals and Racers
Zip Very enjoyable especially seeing our youngsters offer so much movement. Felt sorry for Bod not making the squad. Ditto Harriott. Both unlikely to be here next season. No game time for Baldock or Ezatolahi so can see them going too.

It can`t have been Yiadom i saw in the Brum penalty area loads of times then :wink:

I can’t recall him pushing forward in the way that Gunter was. Didn’t catch my eye

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 05 May 2019 17:14

John Madejski's Wallet Enjoyable first half, with the young'uns seeming to have a lot of fun. Gunter bombing down the wing :shock:
Though Ejaria was pretty damned good today too.

Ejaria is only 21 himself, but I know what you mean.
Not surprised most have Ejaria ranked below the other loanees, but they do have 3-4 years on him. If he had come here as a 24-26 year old, we might see a different player. (If you now gave him 3-4 years under Gomes, we almost certainly would). He's been moved around a fair bit here, but if his position and role was firmly established it might help, and who knows what his upside and ceiling could be.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 May 2019 17:18

Denver Royal
John Madejski's Wallet Enjoyable first half, with the young'uns seeming to have a lot of fun. Gunter bombing down the wing :shock:
Though Ejaria was pretty damned good today too.

Ejaria is only 21 himself, but I know what you mean.
Not surprised most have Ejaria ranked below the other loanees, but they do have 3-4 years on him. If he had come here as a 24-26 year old, we might see a different player. (If you now gave him 3-4 years under Gomes, we almost certainly would). He's been moved around a fair bit here, but if his position and role was firmly established it might help, and who knows what his upside and ceiling could be.

He’s talented. What I liked about him today was his desire to put in some strong tackles.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 May 2019 17:19

That must have been one of the youngest side’s we have started with at this level.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 05 May 2019 17:24

Enjoyable game, should really have taken 3 points. Meite MOM for his efforts in Club 1871.......although I was worried he’d be injured by being mobbed!

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 05 May 2019 17:24

I think Ejaria's work rate has allowed Gomes to play Barrow further forward and do less defensive duties. He covers a lot of ground and is seemingly tireless. I cannot remember a player at RFC with such good close control and fast feet, perhaps Glen Little maybe? Still only 21. Wouldn't mind him coming back next season. Liverpool will have been pleased that he's got a lot of game time in a team that tries to play decent football. Win win for them.

Baker also good again today. He was having a very long talk with Gomes in front of the ED stand on the lap. Looked like Gomes saying goodbye (but hope I'm wrong as we need him) and giving him advice for the future.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 05 May 2019 17:32

3points I think Ejaria's work rate has allowed Gomes to play Barrow further forward and do less defensive duties. He covers a lot of ground and is seemingly tireless. I cannot remember a player at RFC with such good close control and fast feet, perhaps Glen Little maybe? Still only 21. Wouldn't mind him coming back next season. Liverpool will have been pleased that he's got a lot of game time in a team that tries to play decent football. Win win for them..

One of the guys I was next said similar about him looking a bit liek Little.

Not in terms of attacking wing plays obvs, more that he has clumsy-looking legs, often looks like he's out of control and about to lose it.....yet the ball seems to stick to his feet and he seems to run off with it

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 May 2019 17:34

Was going to post but my ratings would be pretty much the same. Rinomhota down one and ejaria down two and the rest are equal

Thought Gunter put in four absolute teasing crosses in the first half, but did nothing in the second half. He’s shown he can do it but he seems to retreat to his shell too often

Again discussed ejaria enough but I still can’t see it. He worked very hard today but contributes very little going forward. Not a patch on swift IMO

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 May 2019 17:35

3points I think Ejaria's work rate has allowed Gomes to play Barrow further forward and do less defensive duties. He covers a lot of ground and is seemingly tireless. I cannot remember a player at RFC with such good close control and fast feet, perhaps Glen Little maybe? Still only 21. Wouldn't mind him coming back next season. Liverpool will have been pleased that he's got a lot of game time in a team that tries to play decent football. Win win for them.

Baker also good again today. He was having a very long talk with Gomes in front of the ED stand on the lap. Looked like Gomes saying goodbye (but hope I'm wrong as we need him) and giving him advice for the future.

Yes Baker had his arm around Gomes at the end. I dunno. Let’s hope it’s not the last time we see him in a Reading shirt.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 05 May 2019 17:50

Zip Yiadom. 6 Pretty quiet today and rarely got forward

More attempts on goal than Gunter.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 May 2019 17:52

Very noticeable that Miazga, Baker and Ejaria came over to the South as one without the others. Definitely felt like a goodbye. Which raises a question about Martinez Not being with them. Though he went round the ground last and slowest.

Yiadom definitely got forward plenty... had a couple of half chances in their box.

Ejaria has great control but looked to be wearing the wrong studs, went over 4 or 5 times.

Barrett seemed on a different wave length to everyone else. Loader played very deep. Olise had bags of confidence. Lost the ball cheaply a couple of times but then bust a gut and won it back which is great to see.

We're going to struggle without the loanees. Superb spine.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 May 2019 17:53

Lower West
Zip Yiadom. 6 Pretty quiet today and rarely got forward

More attempts on goal than Gunter.

I can’t remember them apart from a run and low shot which went harmlessly wide. First half most of our attacking threat was down our right flank. We didn’t offer much threat on either flank in the second half.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 05 May 2019 18:02

Snowflake Royal Which raises a question about Martinez Not being with them.

Came into the East Stand (in front of us in Y24) to present a large bouquet of flowers to a lady. (I believe the guy with her is connected to STAR).

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 May 2019 18:02

Lower West

Came into the East Stand (in front of us in Y24) to present a large bouquet of flowers to a lady. (I believe the guy with her is connected to STAR).

Nice.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 May 2019 18:13

Snowflake Royal
Lower West

Nice.

He really is a class act. Would love him here next season with Southwood at two. Southwood having another blinder today btw

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 May 2019 18:19

The thought of lining up next season without Martinez, Miazga and Baker is too much too bare. I even love Ovie :(

110 posts