Rumour - Saeid Ezatolahi

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Rumour - Saeid Ezatolahi

by Sutekh » 29 May 2019 11:17

Bit of an odd one this. Whereas we can be reasonably confident JG would bring back the other 5 loanees if he could, we still don't really know if he sees Eza in the same bracket.

However Eza is attacting the interest of Leeds apparently.

https://sportslens.com/report-leeds-kee ... hi/265877/

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Saeid Ezatolahi

by CountryRoyal » 29 May 2019 11:55

Not really a rumour for us, the article doesn’t mention we’re interested.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 May 2019 13:33

With his injury record, I see no logic in joining a team who's style of play involves running around at a high tempo, kicking people

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 May 2019 14:59

From Despair To Where? With his injury record, I see no logic in joining a team who's style of play involves running around at a high tempo, kicking people

Injury record? Was he injured alot before he joined us?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 May 2019 15:24

From Despair To Where? With his injury record, I see no logic in joining a team who's style of play involves running around at a high tempo, kicking people

Didn't he break someone's leg/knee? Could be a good fit :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 May 2019 16:33

CountryRoyal

Didn't he break someone's leg/knee? Could be a good fit :lol:

I thought that was Sandro Weiser.

Fair enough, he's only had 1 major injury but it was a groin injury that kept him out for nigh on 8 months.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 29 May 2019 17:55

I thought Leeds were meant to be buying Swift?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 29 May 2019 18:14

This whole rumour shows the ridiculousness of football transfer stories.

1. FLW writer comes up with a story suggesting who Leeds might look at, to replace Kalvin Phillips if he leaves.
2. Because (him being a Reading fan), he suggests Ezatolahi, some Iranian football website picks up tht part of the piece - pretty much word for word - but gives it the title "has been linked with Leeds". Linked by a student journo, writing stuff for free, mate!
3. Then the ReadingFC news aggregator TalkReading picks the story back up again, from the Iranian website, and says Leeds "strongly linked with" Ezatolahi.
4. And thus we get the link that started this thread saying "Leeds keen to sign"

Good grief!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-ide ... is-summer/
https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2019 ... nited-move
https://twitter.com/TalkReading/status/ ... 9079960581

(Not my investigative skillz finding this - all laid out on Twitter by @ajonesrfc who wrote the original piece)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 May 2019 22:22

Precisely why I dont give these news aggregation lot any time at all.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 30 May 2019 01:03

muirinho, I hear ya.
The ‘Swift to Leeds’ thread ran for 5 pages in here.
In part, because it was said, he was our most sale-able asset.
Last week, that was Gomes.
Week b4, it was Loader.
Stay tuned...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 May 2019 07:36

Funny that trail there, but yes that FL world site is going to get lots of that as there are loads of ‘players xxxx should buy’ Articles on there

At least the Loader etc rumours actually came from a journo presumably with some inside info

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 30 May 2019 09:56

I don't know why we would keep him while injured for the whole season if we had no strong interest in keeping him here permenantly

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 May 2019 10:01

Maneki Neko I don't know why we would keep him while injured for the whole season if we had no strong interest in keeping him here permenantly

This is my assumption as well.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 May 2019 10:06

Denver Royal muirinho, I hear ya.
The ‘Swift to Leeds’ thread ran for 5 pages in here.
In part, because it was said, he was our most sale-able asset.
Last week, that was Gomes.
Week b4, it was Loader.
Stay tuned...

The transfer rumour silly-season in the summer is the worst part of football.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 May 2019 10:17

Maneki Neko I don't know why we would keep him while injured for the whole season if we had no strong interest in keeping him here permenantly

I think the initial deal was a loan with a perm option. I expect we'd committed to paying his wages etc and he'd basically packed his bags at Rostov, so was worth him hanging around in case we needed him. And we came to close to playing him again.

I'm not sure I'd read too much into it. JLow reckons he was on/ would want a hefty wage, but not too sure where he is getting that info

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 May 2019 15:55

Hound

I think the initial deal was a loan with a perm option. I expect we'd committed to paying his wages etc and he'd basically packed his bags at Rostov, so was worth him hanging around in case we needed him. And we came to close to playing him again.

I'm not sure I'd read too much into it. JLow reckons he was on/ would want a hefty wage, but not too sure where he is getting that info

Much as I prefer playing with a taller player sitting in the CDM role, don't think that's how Gomes operates, his preferred three of Rino, Baker and Swift are all smaller, more agile players. Therefore, didn't think there was much chance of Eza featuring anyway unless we had a major injury crisis

Would be very surprised if he came back on the basis of that. And also, we can't afford to buy injury prone players with tight finances

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 May 2019 17:32

We dont know hes injury prone. He got injured.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 30 May 2019 18:37

muirinho This whole rumour shows the ridiculousness of football transfer stories.

1. FLW writer comes up with a story suggesting who Leeds might look at, to replace Kalvin Phillips if he leaves.
2. Because (him being a Reading fan), he suggests Ezatolahi, some Iranian football website picks up tht part of the piece - pretty much word for word - but gives it the title "has been linked with Leeds". Linked by a student journo, writing stuff for free, mate!
3. Then the ReadingFC news aggregator TalkReading picks the story back up again, from the Iranian website, and says Leeds "strongly linked with" Ezatolahi.
4. And thus we get the link that started this thread saying "Leeds keen to sign"

Good grief!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-ide ... is-summer/
https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2019 ... nited-move
https://twitter.com/TalkReading/status/ ... 9079960581

(Not my investigative skillz finding this - all laid out on Twitter by @ajonesrfc who wrote the original piece)

Yeah it was all pretty silly - I had a feeling the Iranian website had took this rumour from my article as soon as I saw Talk Reading's tweet about it. Why an Iranian website would copy parts of my (a first year uni student journalist as an intern at FLW I must reinforce, not a professional journalist) article word for word is puzzling. Won't be the last time it happens with some of these types of websites :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 May 2019 19:23

URZZZZ
Hound

Much as I prefer playing with a taller player sitting in the CDM role, don't think that's how Gomes operates, his preferred three of Rino, Baker and Swift are all smaller, more agile players. Therefore, didn't think there was much chance of Eza featuring anyway unless we had a major injury crisis

Would be very surprised if he came back on the basis of that. And also, we can't afford to buy injury prone players with tight finances

I think Gomes cares about quality and attitude not height.

Mind you, that doesn't explain him using Swift and not Kelly. So maybe I'm wrong. :wink:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 May 2019 20:28

Refuse to bite on that...