Triallist - Denzeil Boadu

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Triallist - Denzeil Boadu

by royalp-we » 01 Jul 2019 22:31

Eagle eyed Reading fan @dingkian on Twitter noticed former Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund attacking midfielder, Denzeil Boadu (22), is currently training with Reading.

An England youth international, London born and rose to prominence through the Arsenal academy. Apparently massive work rate. Anything close to Harper and Sidders then surely worth a free transfer.

Wallsy

Re: Triallist - Denzeil Boadu

by Wallsy » 02 Jul 2019 08:17

Hugely talented midfielder who had an awful injury. This could be a cracking bit of business, but he needs wrapping in cotton wool.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jul 2019 08:20

Unless my Google search is mistaken he has never made a senior appearance in his career. At the age of 22 that's slightly worrying no? Can anyone explain how long hes been injured?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Jul 2019 08:26

NewCorkSeth Unless my Google search is mistaken he has never made a senior appearance in his career. At the age of 22 that's slightly worrying no? Can anyone explain how long hes been injured?

Had a very serious knee injury that kept him out of the game for 20 months. Dortmund picked him up and he has played 29 times for the Dortmund II side in the German 4th tier. His contract expired this summer.

Would suggest Dortmund saw enough in him to take him over but that he perhaps wasn't deemed to have recovered enough to be able to play at an elite level. There has been a triallist working at the club all summer, which must be Boadu if he is in with the squad training now. Club will clearly monitor his fitness before we make a call.

He was highly rated before his injury, so if we feel he can stay fit this has the potential to be an excellent signing. Guess if he goes to Spain at the weekend there will be more than a fair chance we'll sign him on - perhaps a 1 year deal with an option for another year or two if he maintains fitness.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jul 2019 08:37

Stranded
NewCorkSeth Unless my Google search is mistaken he has never made a senior appearance in his career. At the age of 22 that's slightly worrying no? Can anyone explain how long hes been injured?

Had a very serious knee injury that kept him out of the game for 20 months. Dortmund picked him up and he has played 29 times for the Dortmund II side in the German 4th tier. His contract expired this summer.

Would suggest Dortmund saw enough in him to take him over but that he perhaps wasn't deemed to have recovered enough to be able to play at an elite level. There has been a triallist working at the club all summer, which must be Boadu if he is in with the squad training now. Club will clearly monitor his fitness before we make a call.

He was highly rated before his injury, so if we feel he can stay fit this has the potential to be an excellent signing. Guess if he goes to Spain at the weekend there will be more than a fair chance we'll sign him on - perhaps a 1 year deal with an option for another year or two if he maintains fitness.

Cheers! His club history thus far certainly screams talent. Arsenal, Man City and Dortmund.. must have some ability.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Jul 2019 08:49

NewCorkSeth
Stranded

Cheers! His club history thus far certainly screams talent. Arsenal, Man City and Dortmund.. must have some ability.

Probably little more than interesting but would have been managed in Germany by Jan Siewert - the current Huddersfield boss.

Basildon

by Basildon » 02 Jul 2019 12:29

JLow reckons a permanent contract is unlikely

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Jul 2019 12:44

Basildon JLow reckons a permanent contract is unlikely

Be signing tomorrow then.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 03 Jul 2019 11:44

So there is a chance we'll sign him then.

Stranded got there first.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Jul 2019 12:30

Wallsy

Presumably Reading will need to make a decision by end of this week as if there is a chance he's up to the level required it would probably be beneficial to include him in the trip to Spain.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jul 2019 13:00

Sutekh
Wallsy

Presumably Reading will need to make a decision by end of this week as if there is a chance he's up to the level required it would probably be beneficial to include him in the trip to Spain.

One would hope so. Ideally we would want to have some new signings in by Saturday so they can travel. I know it's not impossible for someone to sign and fly out during the 2 weeks but has a feeling that if no-one signs this week, we will be waiting until w/c 22nd July before anything happens.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 03 Jul 2019 16:05

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to have him train with us without us considering making him an offer. JLow bemuses me with his comments sometimes.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Jul 2019 17:42

Wallsy It doesn’t make a lot of sense to have him train with us without us considering making him an offer. JLow bemuses me with his comments sometimes.

JLow says he hopes to have a chat to JG this week. Be interesting to see if he does and if we get a full interview or drip fed snippets every so often over the next couple of weeks.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jul 2019 20:10

I can't help but feel with his previous clubs, either he's recovered from his injury in which case he's probably better than us, or he hasn't and will either not be taken on or spend half the season in our treatment room.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jul 2019 09:06

Snowflake Royal I can't help but feel with his previous clubs, either he's recovered from his injury in which case he's probably better than us, or he hasn't and will either not be taken on or spend half the season in our treatment room.

He may be "better than us" but he hasn't played a single first team minute at any club he is at. As mentioned his only competitive action is 29 games in the German 4th division for Dortmund Reserves. If we think he is fit, then we can get use of his quality for a year or so before selling him to a PL club. If the coaches/physios are happy with what they say this is really a no lose deal.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jul 2019 10:52

be interesting to see if he goes on the tour. If he does, then surely its with a view to signing him

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jul 2019 10:58

Hound be interesting to see if he goes on the tour. If he does, then surely its with a view to signing him

Be more interesting if the club announce the touring party - historically they have done but would be an official confirmation of the unwanted players if they are not on the list.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jul 2019 13:15

Stranded
Snowflake Royal I can't help but feel with his previous clubs, either he's recovered from his injury in which case he's probably better than us, or he hasn't and will either not be taken on or spend half the season in our treatment room.

He may be "better than us" but he hasn't played a single first team minute at any club he is at. As mentioned his only competitive action is 29 games in the German 4th division for Dortmund Reserves. If we think he is fit, then we can get use of his quality for a year or so before selling him to a PL club. If the coaches/physios are happy with what they say this is really a no lose deal.

I don't disagree that would be good. I just doubt we'd get it over the line if he is fit. I think someone better would swoop.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jul 2019 14:28

Snowflake Royal
Stranded

I don't disagree that would be good. I just doubt we'd get it over the line if he is fit. I think someone better would swoop.

Maybe and I'm sure they factored that into the trial. Could also be half the reason we are playing games behiind closed doors as we expect to have a few triallists joining us as we scour the free end of the market.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 06 Jul 2019 22:17

Played well today by all accounts. So much for JLow and his “were just doing the lad a favour letting him train with us” Clearly were trailing him and more importantly his fitness after his injuries. Could be a shrewd signing if we can keep the boy fit.