Jose “3-4 Signings This Week”

150 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Jose “3-4 Signings This Week”

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2019 18:38

Hound I think Ejaria was a bit tougher than people credit him for. He’s quite a big lad and physical enough

Agree I’d prob rather a Baker (though stats wise his defensive contribution was no better than Ovie’s) or a Eza style lump but don’t think that’s Gomes’ style

Agree on the lack of experience being an issue though - esp when Swift gets injured again

:wink:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2019 19:17

Well yeah. Inevitable tbh

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 08 Jul 2019 20:03

Victor Meldrew Talking of America, I would love to see Miazga back for next season.

Vic, yep, I was over in the US the last month or so, and he impressed me in the Gold Cup. He started in both the semi-final and the final and showed well. In the final yesterday (they lost 1-0) against a decent Mexico front line he held up well. He's in shape, mature, strong, good movement, anticipation, decent passing, often went up for corners.
Not sure if his showing in the tourney will affect the chances of us getting him (whatever they are).

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Jul 2019 21:01

I thought Ejaria looked quite good in three different positions without really shining in any of them.

Was most impressed with him as part of a Baker-Rinomhota-Ejaria midfield. Would not be keen on Rinomhota-Ejaria-Swift. Guess I could see East-Rinomhota-Ejaria working?

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 08 Jul 2019 21:11

SCIAG I thought Ejaria looked quite good in three different positions without really shining in any of them.

Was most impressed with him as part of a Baker-Rinomhota-Ejaria midfield. Would not be keen on Rinomhota-Ejaria-Swift. Guess I could see East-Rinomhota-Ejaria working?

Howdy Sciag, where do you see Oliese fitting into this equation? The kid clearly has talent, had a good Toulon tournament for France and looked great against Birmingham at the end of last season. And i heard he was the standout performer on Saturday against Southend, this kid could end up being as important as Rino and i'm really expecting a breakout season.
So whats his idea position? i would guess CAM playing off the shoulder off the forward? Thoughts anyone?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Jul 2019 21:31

Zip
NewCorkSeth I really do think Oliveira might be one. He posted all that "fake news" stuff on Jnstagram about a move back to Portugal. I reckon Gomes told him to give us a few weeks to move some players out and we will agree your wage demands.

Obviously the the keeper is one too.

Yep and I suspect Boadu will be the third with possibly Ejaria if we get four in.

Yep. Boadu on the tour apparently, sung his initiation which may be a hint

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Jul 2019 21:36

Hound I think Ejaria was a bit tougher than people credit him for. He’s quite a big lad and physical enough

Agree I’d prob rather a Baker (though stats wise his defensive contribution was no better than Ovie’s) or a Eza style lump but don’t think that’s Gomes’ style

Agree on the lack of experience being an issue though - esp if Swift gets injured again

If Ejaria plays, it has to be at the RAM or LAM position. It’s as simple as that really. I’m not too much of a fan of Swift but he is a better player than Ejaria

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2019 21:41

URZZZZ
Zip
NewCorkSeth I really do think Oliveira might be one. He posted all that "fake news" stuff on Jnstagram about a move back to Portugal. I reckon Gomes told him to give us a few weeks to move some players out and we will agree your wage demands.

Obviously the the keeper is one too.

Yep and I suspect Boadu will be the third with possibly Ejaria if we get four in.

Yep. Boadu on the tour apparently, sung his initiation which may be a hint

Yep would think that would suggest something was in the offing

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2019 21:54

Crowbar6753
SCIAG I thought Ejaria looked quite good in three different positions without really shining in any of them.

Howdy Sciag, where do you see Oliese fitting into this equation? The kid clearly has talent, had a good Toulon tournament for France and looked great against Birmingham at the end of last season. And i heard he was the standout performer on Saturday against Southend, this kid could end up being as important as Rino and i'm really expecting a breakout season.
So whats his idea position? i would guess CAM playing off the shoulder off the forward? Thoughts anyone?

Anywhere in the three behind the striker I think.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Jul 2019 06:46

Crowbar6753

Hey Crowbar, depends on the formation we play. If it's a traditional 4-3-3 (which is what I think Gomes prefers) then I think Olise should be in consideration for the front three. I think it would be a risk, but I'm quite excited at the thought of him being our "third-choice winger" so to speak.

If we play something more like a 4-2-3-1 then disregard everything I said about three man midfields and have Olise compete with Swift and Loader for the CAM spot. He could still also be a back-up winger too.

In terms of potential central midfielders then listen out for Jordan Holsgrove and Conor Lawless. Both have similar talent to Olise, are a bit more comfortable in deeper positions, but might have trouble with the rough and tumble of the Championship.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Jul 2019 09:01

Would you put Olise ahead of Barrett as a third choice winger ?
Neither of them are in any way a traditional Glenn Little style winger but Barrett is probably closer, or at least has been asked to play more of the genuine wide role of late. I’ve not seen Olise play out wide, for me he is very much an ‘inside forward’. Positions seem so much more fluid these days and often hard to really pin down where some players fit in but for me Olise should be part of the first team set up this season although probably not as a starter. Fitting him, Loader, Swift, Barrow, Ejariah , Barrett and Meite around Oliviera/Novacovic would be quite challenging but shows we potentially have decent depth in the ‘supporting forward’ areas.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Jul 2019 09:41

Keeper and Oliviera are a done deal - I don't know yet about the other 2.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 09 Jul 2019 09:52

Are there any names doing the rounds for a senior centre back?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jul 2019 09:53

paultheroyal Keeper and Oliviera are a done deal - I don't know yet about the other 2.

Good stuff, know you mentioned Oliveira has been done for a while

Guessing it is from Diaby, Ejaria and Galeno for the other spots

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Jul 2019 09:56

Hound
paultheroyal Keeper and Oliviera are a done deal - I don't know yet about the other 2.

Good stuff, know you mentioned Oliveira has been done for a while

Guessing it is from Diaby, Ejaria and Galeno for the other spots

Not wanted at Norwich but still employed by them, he has had guarantee's from us but players need to move on to balance.

I'd like to see Ejaria back, that should happen, Miazga also.

Either way, exciting times.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jul 2019 10:11

now you're teasing us with Miazga...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jul 2019 10:23

If we get Oliveira, Ejaria and Miazga back there is no reason we shouldnt be mid table next season.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 09 Jul 2019 10:40

NewCorkSeth If we get Oliveira, Ejaria and Miazga back there is no reason we shouldnt be mid table next season.

If we get those three back there's no reason we couldn't push for top 6. Norwich weren't much better off than us two seasons ago, then Farke supplemented some good experienced pros with some talented youth and look what happened next...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jul 2019 10:49

Tilehurstsouthbank
NewCorkSeth If we get Oliveira, Ejaria and Miazga back there is no reason we shouldnt be mid table next season.

If we get those three back there's no reason we couldn't push for top 6. Norwich weren't much better off than us two seasons ago, then Farke supplemented some good experienced pros with some talented youth and look what happened next...

Top 6 would really need Oliveira, Meite and Barrow clicking early. I have faith in our defense (should we get Miazga) but our lack of knowledge about our GK is worrying and, as has been stated a few times, Rinomhota needs a partner. Yes Ejaria could do a job there and maybe one of East or Holsgrove could provide adequate back up but we need a starter.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 09 Jul 2019 12:10

Are we seriously going to have no ginger players next season?

150 posts