CONFIMRED - Ovie Ejaria

250 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Ovie Ejaria

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jun 2019 23:15

royalp-we
Snowflake Royal Like the kid, and good players are good obvs, but I would have said he's best as ACM and we've got quite a few options there in the squad currently, what with Swift, Olise, Loader, maybe Barrett, McNulty tended to come on behind the main guy although is obviously preferred to go, Baldock tends to play more supporting, although usually wider...

Compare to CB, CM, GK... But I guess you take what you can improve when you can and early days etc.

I'll stay hopeful it means we'll sell Swift for good cash. :)

Yeah, I’d much rather Ejaria to any of the names mentioned there :lol:

Same here, but we need to watch the finances so can't just bring in where we have bodies without someobe going, especially when we have more important gaps to fill.

Hopefully all in hand. But how often have we seen us pick up a fourth or fifth option in one position when we have just one in another.

For ages either LB or RB had just the one real option, but we'd have 8 wingers or 7 midfielders, or 3 for the other fullback.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 29 Jun 2019 08:15

Snowflake Royal
royalp-we
Snowflake Royal Like the kid, and good players are good obvs, but I would have said he's best as ACM and we've got quite a few options there in the squad currently, what with Swift, Olise, Loader, maybe Barrett, McNulty tended to come on behind the main guy although is obviously preferred to go, Baldock tends to play more supporting, although usually wider...

Compare to CB, CM, GK... But I guess you take what you can improve when you can and early days etc.

I'll stay hopeful it means we'll sell Swift for good cash. :)

Yeah, I’d much rather Ejaria to any of the names mentioned there :lol:

Same here, but we need to watch the finances so can't just bring in where we have bodies without someobe going, especially when we have more important gaps to fill.

Hopefully all in hand. But how often have we seen us pick up a fourth or fifth option in one position when we have just one in another.

For ages either LB or RB had just the one real option, but we'd have 8 wingers or 7 midfielders, or 3 for the other fullback.

Oh definitely. I think first and foremost a new GK is the priority to build from. Only 4 weeks left till the season opener!

Ejaria would be a bit of an luxury; but he can play in almost any position - so a very worthwhile addition as long as it doesn’t compromise recruitment in other areas.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Jun 2019 10:23

5 weeks actually.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 29 Jun 2019 10:25

I wasn't particularly impressed with Ejaria, of all the loanees I think he was the one I wouldn't want back. Whilst he's clearly skilful and can create opportunities he seemed too lightweight and often lost in games. I'd prefer someone more physical presence and work ethic. A bit of a luxury player but I guess he could turn into Kebe v2.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Jun 2019 19:40

PieEater I wasn't particularly impressed with Ejaria, of all the loanees I think he was the one I wouldn't want back. Whilst he's clearly skilful and can create opportunities he seemed too lightweight and often lost in games. I'd prefer someone more physical presence and work ethic. A bit of a luxury player but I guess he could turn into Kebe v2.

I think he’s a quality youngster with a real promising talent who is starting to find his feet. Do agree he did get “lost” in some games but then it’s not surprising for youngsters given the nature of the Championship. If JG can get the right mix around him he could be something special at this level. If he does sign I think this season could be the making or breaking of him career wise.

Quality, probably loan, goalkeeper and centre back really are the priority positions to sort though.
Last edited by Sutekh on 29 Jun 2019 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jun 2019 19:43

Can't have helped him playing in three different positions.

One87One

by One87One » 20 Jul 2019 15:13

Delay is what % of wages we pay apparently. Everton did us a solid and are paying 100% of Virginia’s wages. We were hoping Liverpool would be equally as accommodating.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jul 2019 15:46

Be a bit cheeky to ask them to pay all

Rino, Swift and Ejaria excites me a little

Know others will say it’s a little soft but I think it could be excellent

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 20 Jul 2019 16:11

I honestly think Liverpool would be mad to play around asking for a fee- he should be at the club, on tour and already learning. A % of his wages wouldn’t even be a fraction of a percent in their budget- What REALLY matters is that their player is nurtured. 2 not-great loans at Sunderland and Rangers and he was becoming lost, Reading are a safe pair of hands and they should be quick to send him to us ‘in good faith’.

What I wouldn’t be happy with, is a playing clause. Ejaria is an attacking midfielder imo, and he is competing with Swift, Barrow, Barrett, Loader and Olise; I wouldn’t want our players progress blocked.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jul 2019 16:27

Hound Be a bit cheeky to ask them to pay all

That midfield is nearly as soft as you Houndy.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jul 2019 16:55

The transfer embargo has been lifted so hopefully we will see Ejaria brought in next week.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jul 2019 16:59

Zip

Disagree
I’m far far softer, believe me

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jul 2019 17:22

Zip

It's not quite Mr Whippy soft, but that's mainly Rino's presence.

Swift simply has to be the attacking pansy if he plays. Not part of workhouse. Ejaria is made if slightly sterner stuff, but not much.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jul 2019 07:51

Zip The transfer embargo has been lifted so hopefully we will see Ejaria brought in next week.

Currently in advanced talks with Reading on season long loan according to various media outlets

Ejaria was omitted from Liverpool’s u23 squad to play Marine at the weekend so obviously he must be going somewhere....

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Jul 2019 19:36

Lots of murmurs on Twitter that latest hitch in re-signing Ejaria is that Liverpool would rather sell him with a £3M asking price.
Brentford are apparently in the mix.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Jul 2019 19:39

Last edited by windermereROYAL on 27 Jul 2019 12:14, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Jul 2019 12:13

Sawyers gone to WBA, I would expect Ovie to be announced at Griffin park early next week.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 27 Jul 2019 13:03

Still think we'll convince him not to sign and bring him back on loan with a commitment to sign.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Jul 2019 17:36

Silence on Ejaria to Brentford, even though Sawyers gone. Could they have lost interest? Clutching at straws?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Jul 2019 14:26

WestYorksRoyal Silence on Ejaria to Brentford, even though Sawyers gone. Could they have lost interest? Clutching at straws?

Still silence. I honestly think if Liverpool don't get a better offer by deadline day they'll accept our offer of loan with option to buy next year.

250 posts