STs for season 2019/2020

336 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: STs for season 2019/2020

by Zip » 18 Jul 2019 17:25

muirinho
Zip
One87One “As a reminder, all Season Ticket Holders aged 18 & Over as well as any fan who has moved to a different seat for the 2019-20 season will receive a new Season Ticket card this season; all supporters in Club 1871 will also receive a new card.”

So if you are a ST holder aged under 18 do you still use your existing membership card? When I renewed I was told we would get new cards sent to us. We have stayed in our same seats in the ED.

I expect so yes.
Maybe this is due to the chip in the current card, which was meant to be used for card purchases, if you topped the card up. (That wouldn't have been in the U18's season tickets). They've abandoned the Royalty Points now, along with feature to load cash on your card (probably weren't getting enough uptake to make it worthwhile) - so no point having cards with chips in them now.

Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 20 Jul 2019 14:54

Has anyone actually received their season ticket yet?
I assume the club do realise the first home game is just two weeks away.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jul 2019 17:50

DelBoyRodders Has anyone actually received their season ticket yet?

It's probably crossed their mind. They managed it fine when they rolled out the chip ones.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Jul 2019 22:13

DelBoyRodders Has anyone actually received their season ticket yet?

2 weeks away? With first class post taking about 2 working days to deliver?! oxf*rd madness!

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 21 Jul 2019 05:13

This is the ROFLoyal MaiLOL we're talking about here.

One87One

by One87One » 21 Jul 2019 21:54

Being sent out this week apparently. Already halfway through printing them.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jul 2019 15:41

Zip
muirinho
Zip
So if you are a ST holder aged under 18 do you still use your existing membership card? When I renewed I was told we would get new cards sent to us. We have stayed in our same seats in the ED.

I expect so yes.
Maybe this is due to the chip in the current card, which was meant to be used for card purchases, if you topped the card up. (That wouldn't have been in the U18's season tickets). They've abandoned the Royalty Points now, along with feature to load cash on your card (probably weren't getting enough uptake to make it worthwhile) - so no point having cards with chips in them now.

Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

I thought that was only for Club1871 that you would get a new one.

One87One

by One87One » 22 Jul 2019 15:46

See the OS. Also quoted a page or two back.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 23 Jul 2019 11:12

So just 12 days before the season starts the Club still haven't sent out anyone's season ticket.
They did say we would receive them in the post before the first home game - that's damn decent of them!
No doubt they will say that anyone not receiving them in time for the first home game can have a paper ticket - that's if you want to queue up at 2pm on the Saturday with hundreds of others in the same position.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jul 2019 11:15

DelBoyRodders So just 12 days before the season starts the Club still haven't sent out anyone's season ticket.
They did say we would receive them in the post before the first home game - that's damn decent of them!
No doubt they will say that anyone not receiving them in time for the first home game can have a paper ticket - that's if you want to queue up at 2pm on the Saturday with hundreds of others in the same position.

One87One Being sent out this week apparently. Already halfway through printing them.

:?

Just 12 days?! Oh the crisis! I'd calm down to a panic DBR... it isn't like the game is tomorrow.

Have you ever been to a gig? Sometimes those tickets only arrive 48hrs before the day of the gig.

One87One

by One87One » 23 Jul 2019 13:25

The initial aim was to start sending them out by the end of this week. That will continue next week, so don’t panic if you’re still waiting a week tomorrow. It’ll come in good time.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jul 2019 15:03

DelBoyRodders So just 12 days before the season starts the Club still haven't sent out anyone's season ticket.

What exactly would you be doing with it if you received it three weeks in advance of the season?

It's nothing isn't it.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 23 Jul 2019 15:56

Snowflake Royal

What exactly would you be doing with it if you received it three weeks in advance of the season?

It's nothing isn't it.

I’d like to be reassured that I’ve got it and not have to chase them next week or arrange to get a paper ticket.
Also problem getting to stadium to pick up a paper ticket if it comes to that. Not every supporter lives on the door step of the Mad Stad and others have to work during the day so can’t get there anyway.
It’s not much to ask considering we paid for season tickets two months ago that they send them to us in good time before season starts. It would be better for the club as well as I’m sure they are now getting phone calls every day from supporters asking where their tickets are.
To only start sending them out just a week before the season is poor. Very little margin for error with post getting delayed or lost/stolen.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Jul 2019 15:57

Snowflake Royal

It's nothing isn't it.

This guy has previous - he comes on here every pre-season to moan about how his season ticket hasn't arrived

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 23 Jul 2019 16:10

Okay, lets's see how relaxed you all are if you still haven't received yours by Wednesday or Thursday of next week. After all you still have 48 hours or so before the first game. That's nothing!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jul 2019 16:13

DelBoyRodders Okay, lets's see how relaxed you all are if you still haven't received yours by Wednesday or Thursday of next week. After all you still have 48 hours or so before the first game. That's nothing!

Perfectly, because I can call the club or email them about the problem and bring some ID to pick up a replacement at the TO half an hour before KO.

Or I can shit the bed like you two weeks before the season starts every year.

Hmm, which should it be.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 23 Jul 2019 16:18

Snowflake Royal
DelBoyRodders Okay, lets's see how relaxed you all are if you still haven't received yours by Wednesday or Thursday of next week. After all you still have 48 hours or so before the first game. That's nothing!

Perfectly, because I can call the club or email them about the problem and bring some ID to pick up a replacement at the TO half an hour before KO.

Or I can shit the bed like you two weeks before the season starts every year.

Hmm, which should it be.

But chances are there would be a huge queue at the ticket office half an hour before kick-off as loads of others would be doing the same as their's won't have arrived either. Why should we have to do that?
And by the way it would take the club at least 48 hours to even reply to an email.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Jul 2019 16:24

Well yes, then it would be worth worrying.
But that's more than a week away.

I'd only be a little frit this week if everyone bar me had received theirs.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jul 2019 16:30

I love ringing the TO. Hours of non stop Sweet Caroline, Elm Park anthem and Terry and June on a loop :lol:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jul 2019 20:00

DelBoyRodders
Snowflake Royal

It's nothing isn't it.

I’d like to be reassured that I’ve got it and not have to chase them next week or arrange to get a paper ticket.
Also problem getting to stadium to pick up a paper ticket if it comes to that. Not every supporter lives on the door step of the Mad Stad and others have to work during the day so can’t get there anyway.
It’s not much to ask considering we paid for season tickets two months ago that they send them to us in good time before season starts. It would be better for the club as well as I’m sure they are now getting phone calls every day from supporters asking where their tickets are.
To only start sending them out just a week before the season is poor. Very little margin for error with post getting delayed or lost/stolen.

When you say the ticket office are getting calls every day about this, you just mean that you’re calling them everyday, right? Because I seriously doubt that too many people are that bothered right now.

Platypuss

Well yes, then it would be worth worrying.
But that's more than a week away.

I'd only be a little frit this week if everyone bar me had received theirs.

Yeah, this.

336 posts