Next Season's Squad.

1826 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Next Season's Squad.

by Stranded » 24 Jul 2019 08:09

paultheroyal The kit some will like some will not. Probably to plain for some but the touch of red will add something different.

As for the colour green.....

Maybe the marquee signing will hold it aloft on Thursday.

Now the question is, can a player returning on loan be a marquee signing or is the marquee the mystery other deal?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jul 2019 08:35

Stranded
windermereROYAL It`s interesting to note McNulty and Meyler posted on twitter in a restaurant with the caption THE LAST SUPPER, wonder if one or both are off. .

Mentioned on a Rumours thread, pulling together a few strings of info out there, looks like McNulty is off to Sunderland. Good deal for all if so.

Think this is based on the McNulty/Meyler farewell meal and the fact Lee Bowyer said SAFC have signed a forward they were interested in. The two could well be related - Sunderland were interested in him in Jan

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Jul 2019 08:43

Another one we can tick off.
Lewis Baker will be in the Fortuna Dusseldorf squad to face Rayo Vallecano this afternoon. Marina and Eddie Newton were instrumental in the choice to turn down the Championship.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Jul 2019 09:30

Stranded
paultheroyal The kit some will like some will not. Probably to plain for some but the touch of red will add something different.

As for the colour green.....

Maybe the marquee signing will hold it aloft on Thursday.

Now the question is, can a player returning on loan be a marquee signing or is the marquee the mystery other deal?

Hopefully the former. We haven't done well out of marquee signings. At least in regards to permanent transfers.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Jul 2019 09:31

Do we still have Popa lying around? Haven’t noticed him anywhere, not even in the pictures of the “frozen players” at Hogwood?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jul 2019 09:34

URZZZZ Do we still have Popa lying around? Haven’t noticed him anywhere, not even in the pictures of the “frozen players” at Hogwood?

He was out the back having a ciggie I expect
Last edited by Hound on 24 Jul 2019 09:34, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Jul 2019 09:34

URZZZZ Do we still have Popa lying around? Haven’t noticed him anywhere, not even in the pictures of the “frozen players” at Hogwood?

Yes. He is likely on holiday. According to Twitter he is refusing to leave unless his contract is paid in full.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jul 2019 09:37

I’m quite surprised we haven’t gone down the Roselare route with him tbh

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 24 Jul 2019 09:38

So as things stand from what I Understand.....

Outgoings
Chris Gunter - Linked with Cardiff City who are looking for RB Cover good move for all if that happened.
Garath Mcleary - Originally linked to some American sides but nothing new recently. I think he will probably be integrated back into the squad and see the last year of his contract out.
Adrian Popa - God knows seems to have dropped of the face of the earth
Marc Mcnulty - interesting last supper photo posted with him and Meyler last night latest links are Coventry and Sunderland (May even get a fee out of this one.)
Meyler - Also in the Last supper photo but not sure where he is going if he is, no rumours as of yet maybe we stipulated whoever got Mcnulty had to take Meyler aswell.

Incomings
Miazga - on the knife edge of coming back on loan for the last 24 hours. I hope this does pull through.
Mccormack - This one i do not hope pulls through, seems like an expensive (Wages wise) waste of money and screams of desperation we are only likely to sign one striker this summer and I hope it is not him.
Ejaria - sounds like Brentford have offered real pound notes for him and we cant offer that this maybe the one that got away this year.

Other players we should be looking at
Josh Mceachran - Free agent was on trial at wednesday till Bruce went could be a real coup if we got him.
Nakhi Wells - On loan could be a great signing he is probably not high up the list at Burnley atm and could do a job for us.
Lazar Markovic - Massive fall from grace first from Liverpool then to Fulham where he managed only one appearance but had buckets of potential and only 25. Will probably go to the continent, but if he wanted to rebuild his career could be a real coup for the right wages.
Marcus Pedersen - Proper centre forward striker who has scored 1 in 2 for Strømsgodset for the last 2 years, he was at Barnsley a few years ago and is on a free transfer. could be worth a punt on a free. (Need a new randy scandy too)
Will Keane - because it is a better option than Mccormack with more potential looked sprightly at Ipswich last year he has been released by Hull and could be a squad player.
Last edited by linkenholtroyal on 24 Jul 2019 09:39, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Jul 2019 09:38

Hound I’m quite surprised we haven’t gone down the Roselare route with him tbh

Reckon he is rejecting a loan move.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 24 Jul 2019 09:40

Hound I’m quite surprised we haven’t gone down the Roselare route with him tbh

Send him to China with Aluko

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Jul 2019 09:49

NewCorkSeth

Yes. He is likely on holiday. According to Twitter he is refusing to leave unless his contract is paid in full.

Not familiar with contract stuff. But surely he’s in breach of his contract right now if he’s on holiday when he should be in for pre season like everyone else is?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Jul 2019 10:09

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth

Not familiar with contract stuff. But surely he’s in breach of his contract right now if he’s on holiday when he should be in for pre season like everyone else is?

I was trying to be funny. Didnt he do a lot of travel posts on Instagram last year? I just mean he clearly hates it here and didnt make a relationship with the guys so wont feature in their posts.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Jul 2019 10:31

If we can recoup most of last year's McNulty fee and get Gunter's wages off our books, surely that gives us a little more wiggle room to bring in midfielders and attacking options?

I actually back those at the top of hierarchy to pull a few good signings out; probably people we're not guessing yet. Things always shift at last minute; you never know how the cards will align.

Ejaria is a good example. I assume Brentford are looking at him as a replacement for Sawyers, which would be excellent business from their perspective. But nobody has actually come in for Sawyers yet, despite interest and rumours. If that chain reaction doesn't happen, then on deadline day Liverpool will probably settle for our loan offer with option to buy next year. Things like this are happening all over the place, and it's quite possible that loans or cheap signings become available for PL reserve players and youth products where the club will currently be holding out for better.

Stjimmy

by Stjimmy » 24 Jul 2019 11:05

WestYorksRoyal If we can recoup most of last year's McNulty fee and get Gunter's wages off our books, surely that gives us a little more wiggle room to bring in midfielders and attacking options?

I actually back those at the top of hierarchy to pull a few good signings out; probably people we're not guessing yet. Things always shift at last minute; you never know how the cards will align.

Ejaria is a good example. I assume Brentford are looking at him as a replacement for Sawyers, which would be excellent business from their perspective. But nobody has actually come in for Sawyers yet, despite interest and rumours. If that chain reaction doesn't happen, then on deadline day Liverpool will probably settle for our loan offer with option to buy next year. Things like this are happening all over the place, and it's quite possible that loans or cheap signings become available for PL reserve players and youth products where the club will currently be holding out for better.

No room for common sense in this forum......

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Jul 2019 15:35

Ejaria 3million?????? Please let us be able to sign him. That's a bloody steal!

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 24 Jul 2019 16:01

Whatever happened to the influx of players from Portugal we were going to get as Gomes is our manager?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Jul 2019 17:00

Can anyone name the last time that we have looked so solid (on paper) in defense?

RB------------CB--------------CB-----------LB
Yiadom---Moore-------Miazga-----Blackett
Watson---Morrison---McIntyre---Obita
Howe-----Osho---------Holmes-----Richards

That is frankly ridiculously strong.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Jul 2019 17:07

NewCorkSeth Can anyone name the last time that we have looked so solid (on paper) in defense?

RB------------CB--------------CB-----------LB
Yiadom---Moore-------Miazga-----Blackett
Watson---Morrison---McIntyre---Obita
Howe-----Osho---------Holmes-----Richards

That is frankly ridiculously strong.

Could always chuck in Gunter as well if an injury crisis happened.

But agreed, it is very strong.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Jul 2019 20:27

McNulty gone to Sunderland on loan for the season.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/read ... y-16641267

1826 posts