CONFIMRED - Matt Miazga

183 posts
PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIMRED - Matt Miazga

by PistolPete » 24 Jul 2019 18:35

I’m on my own here, but I don’t see Miazga as a top championship defender.

He defended admirably at the end of last season, but I don’t think he’s all that.

I’d be very happy to be proven wrong!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 24 Jul 2019 18:50

genome
Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Jesus christ. :|

Wrong thread, you need the Last Supper discussion....

Is it just me who gets mixed up between Nameless and NewCorkSeth?

I've always thought that they have very different personalities.

Seth is young and hip, although he wouldn't use the word "hip" himself, and is still working out exactly what he wants to do with his life. He is sociable and keen to be liked. He has owned a games console but not a desktop computer. He posts from his phone. He started supporting the club relatively recently, and relatively late in life too - in the McDermott era, when he was in his late teens or early 20s, and out of curiousity. He doesn't see any realistic prospect of owning property or getting married. He hasn't read a book for pleasure since he was eleven years old, but is quite familiar with several popular TV shows and has a subscription to a major streaming service. He has never made a habit of buying a newspaper and his main news source is Twitter. He studied a non-traditional subject at a mid-range university, probably Business Studies. He doesn't own a breadmaker because you can buy bread in the shops. After football, his favourite sports are boxing and golf. His favourite Reading player is Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Nameless is an older chap approaching retirement who is comfortable and settled in the person he is. He likes what he is and doesn't care too much if you disagree. His grown-up children bought him an iPad for a significant birthday but he can't work out how to turn it on - instead, he posts from his Windows 95 computer which he maintains himself. He was taken to see the Biscuitmen play at Elm Park by a male relative in early childhood and has owned a season ticket since before the Simod Cup win. He owns property and is or has been married. He reads and enjoys the theatre, but doesn't follow any TV shows, thinks music these days all sounds the same, and hasn't seen a film at the cinema since decimalisation. He reads a broadsheet newspaper and doesn't know what Instagram is. He studied a traditional subject such as History or English Literature at a red-brick university, and considers his degree to be more meaningful than the abundance of them handed out today. He doesn't own a breadmaker because he considers them scary new technology. Although football is his first love, he thinks rugby and cricket are the sports of true gentlemen. His favourite Reading player is Robin Friday.

I can only assume you're getting them confused because neither owns a breadmaker.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Jul 2019 18:58

SCIAG
genome
Nameless

Seth is young and hip, although he wouldn't use the word "hip" himself, and is still working out exactly what he wants to do with his life. He is sociable and keen to be liked. He has owned a games console but not a desktop computer. He posts from his phone. He started supporting the club relatively recently, and relatively late in life too - in the McDermott era, when he was in his late teens or early 20s, and out of curiousity. He doesn't see any realistic prospect of owning property or getting married. He hasn't read a book for pleasure since he was eleven years old, but is quite familiar with several popular TV shows and has a subscription to a major streaming service. He has never made a habit of buying a newspaper and his main news source is Twitter. He studied a non-traditional subject at a mid-range university, probably Business Studies. He doesn't own a breadmaker because you can buy bread in the shops. After football, his favourite sports are boxing and golf. His favourite Reading player is Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Nameless is an older chap approaching retirement who is comfortable and settled in the person he is. He likes what he is and doesn't care too much if you disagree. His grown-up children bought him an iPad for a significant birthday but he can't work out how to turn it on - instead, he posts from his Windows 95 computer which he maintains himself. He was taken to see the Biscuitmen play at Elm Park by a male relative in early childhood and has owned a season ticket since before the Simod Cup win. He owns property and is or has been married. He reads and enjoys the theatre, but doesn't follow any TV shows, thinks music these days all sounds the same, and hasn't seen a film at the cinema since decimalisation. He reads a broadsheet newspaper and doesn't know what Instagram is. He studied a traditional subject such as History or English Literature at a red-brick university, and considers his degree to be more meaningful than the abundance of them handed out today. He doesn't own a breadmaker because he considers them scary new technology. Although football is his first love, he thinks rugby and cricket are the sports of true gentlemen. His favourite Reading player is Robin Friday.

I can only assume you're getting them confused because neither owns a breadmaker.

Best post on the site, this.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 24 Jul 2019 19:06

CountryRoyal
SCIAG
genome

EVER!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Jul 2019 19:06

CountryRoyal
SCIAG
genome

It certainly is quality and I'm willing to forgive all the stuff he got wrong based on the decent amount he got spot on/almost spot on. Bravo.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 Jul 2019 19:09

SCIAG
genome
Nameless

Couple of significant errors to be honest.
I don’t own a bread maker because making bread is so easy why would you need a machine to do a worse job ?
Ironically I only use an iPad.....
Other than that I assume you are in fact my brother !

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Jul 2019 19:12

Nameless
SCIAG
genome

I don’t own a bread maker because making bread is so easy why would you need a machine to do a worse job ?

If we have to go on the record about why we dont own a bread maker my excuse is I live in Paris. Nobody here owns a bread maker. I mean. Unless they own a bakery..

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Jul 2019 19:27

I thought Nameless and Seth were twins. :)

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 24 Jul 2019 19:37

I am now left wondering if Matt Miazga owns a breadmaker....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jul 2019 20:19

PistolPete I’m on my own here, but I don’t see Miazga as a top championship defender.

He defended admirably at the end of last season, but I don’t think he’s all that.

Behave :D

Pretty much all the stats had him right at the top, particularly in the air

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Jul 2019 20:31

NewCorkSeth
Nameless
SCIAG I've always thought that they have very different personalities.

If we have to go on the record about why we dont own a bread maker my excuse is I live in Paris. Nobody here owns a bread maker. I mean. Unless they own a bakery..

Where are you in Paris Seth?
For many years we had an apartment at Place Monge in arondissement cinq.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 Jul 2019 20:49

Hound
PistolPete I’m on my own here, but I don’t see Miazga as a top championship defender.

To be honest we can only really judge him on what he did in his time with us last season.
I can only conclude Pete was in jail, or perhaps living as a hermit up a mountain and is making his assessment having never seen Matt play.....

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Jul 2019 20:50

Victor Meldrew
NewCorkSeth
Nameless

Rue Rude in the 16th! That must have been lovely. Nice area the Latin quarter.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Jul 2019 20:55

NewCorkSeth
Victor Meldrew
NewCorkSeth If we have to go on the record about why we dont own a bread maker my excuse is I live in Paris. Nobody here owns a bread maker. I mean. Unless they own a bakery..

Yes it was and I am sat here remembering the stroll up through les jardins de Luxembourg on a summer's evening.
A lot more fun than arguing with a bunch of uneducated pedantic tossers on the subject of homophobia in football.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Jul 2019 21:40

Prepare to smile then!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Jul 2019 22:07

Yup to the bit in bold.

If he plays as well as he did last year he might rank as one of our best ever centre halfs.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Jul 2019 22:10

Victor Meldrew
NewCorkSeth
Victor Meldrew

Yes it was and I am sat here remembering the stroll up through les jardins de Luxembourg on a summer's evening.
A lot more fun than arguing with a bunch of uneducated pedantic tossers on the subject of homophobia in football.

Each have their merits I guess? Well if your ever back in Paris and fancy joining the official Reading FC Paris chapter fans group let me know.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 24 Jul 2019 22:32

Hendo

Yup to the bit in bold.

If he plays as well as he did last year he might rank as one of our best ever centre halfs.

It'll be Upson-esque when we don't sign him next year.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jul 2019 23:35

Hound

He was Ivar / Sonko / Gorkss / Upson quality IMO.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Jul 2019 23:39

Miazga is a real coup and I’m pretty surprised that we have landed him. It certainly feels a lot more likely we will now stay up.

As things stand injury problems seem light which will also help.

183 posts