Next Season's Squad.

1826 posts
Royal Bison

Re: Next Season's Squad.

by Royal Bison » 07 Aug 2019 13:56

Hitchytwo
NotARacist Gones just said Puscas and maybe one more :shock: :shock: :shock:

Gotta be Ejaria on a permanent. Liverpool won't loan him and we probably need one more midfielder, I didn't see any creativity in the last game from our midfield.

LOL, wanna bet?

Definitely not Ejaria.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Aug 2019 14:27

StellaPlease
Stranded
Hitchytwo Gotta be Ejaria on a permanent. Liverpool won't loan him and we probably need one more midfielder, I didn't see any creativity in the last game from our midfield.

Gomes said it would be a loan. So unless Liverpool have budged on their position, it won't be him.

With Blackett likely out for a month, wouldn't surprise me if it is a LB.

He says it's a midfielder. Also says he's confident of it happening.

This is all very surprising.

The 4 new boys trained today so we should be seeing at least some of them in the side on Saturday. Need to not lose that game and start gaining some momentum early doors. Feel their wingers will be dangerous as always though.

Yes not losing on Saturday is important with Cardiff at home and West Brom away next up. Unfortunately our opening game was the best chance of a win early on and we messed up.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 14:31

3points Had it on decent authority that the EFL has approved a transaction that has allowed Dai to buy the training ground at Bearwood at a profit, hence freeing up our recent FFP restrictions. The ground was already sold last season.

However, it does also feel like some good structuring of deals will help in the near term as well.

That. Is very interesting.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2019 14:33

Zip
StellaPlease
Stranded
Gomes said it would be a loan. So unless Liverpool have budged on their position, it won't be him.

With Blackett likely out for a month, wouldn't surprise me if it is a LB.

The 4 new boys trained today so we should be seeing at least some of them in the side on Saturday. Need to not lose that game and start gaining some momentum early doors. Feel their wingers will be dangerous as always though.

Yes not losing on Saturday is important with Cardiff at home and West Brom away next up. Unfortunately our opening game was the best chance of a win early on and we messed up.

The thing is, with the 3 in yesterday and the 2 to come - it is impossible to judge how our season will go based on these opening games. We could lose on Saturday, then another week of the players gelling could see us pick up 6 points from those harder games. Impossible to judge anything at the mo, which makes it quite exciting.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2019 14:35

3points Had it on decent authority that the EFL has approved a transaction that has allowed Dai to buy the training ground at Bearwood at a profit, hence freeing up our recent FFP restrictions. The ground was already sold last season.

However, it does also feel like some good structuring of deals will help in the near term as well.

Interesting but a bit concerning that if true, the club owns neither the stadium or training ground.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 07 Aug 2019 14:47

Stranded
Zip
StellaPlease

The thing is, with the 3 in yesterday and the 2 to come - it is impossible to judge how our season will go based on these opening games. We could lose on Saturday, then another week of the players gelling could see us pick up 6 points from those harder games. Impossible to judge anything at the mo, which makes it quite exciting.

Very true.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Aug 2019 14:52

StellaPlease
Stranded
Zip

Very true.

250-1 to win the league, 66-1 for top two, 4-1 top half

Just saying...

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 07 Aug 2019 14:55

Where the money has come from for new players?

"I cannot ask this question - I just focus on what I can do and what's possible or not.

I'm not controlling the financial side. We had an embargo at the start of the summer, then we could only get free or loan players and then everything changed.

All the people working here are very responsible and know what they are doing. They are doing things because they can."

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Aug 2019 14:56

Agree, though that predictions, even three days ago, were about
"another team"

We have a major upgrade up front, a classic target man,
what looks like a very solid keeper (doesn't have to be stellar,
just solid and reliable, with experience)

We have a foil for Rhino, a player who may well be gold

And it's not impossible we may make other signings

We these three plus one I think I would have said we'd be looking at top-six as a minimum.

Whether we would have ACHIEVED that is always moot, but I feel very optimistic for the season now.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Aug 2019 14:57

Snowball
StellaPlease
Stranded

Very true.

250-1 to win the league, 66-1 for top two, 4-1 top half

Just saying...

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Aug 2019 15:06

Snowball Agree, though that predictions, even three days ago, were about
"another team"

We have a major upgrade up front, a classic target man,
what looks like a very solid keeper (doesn't have to be stellar,
just solid and reliable, with experience)

We have a foil for Rhino, a player who may well be gold

And it's not impossible we may make other signings

We these three plus one I think I would have said we'd be looking at top-six as a minimum.

Whether we would have ACHIEVED that is always moot, but I feel very optimistic for the season now.

Give them time to gel and improve as a team. It's a strong league. I don't know which loanees have buy options; could it be all but Miazga and Virginia? Either way I can see a team for the future building. Top half this season and then we can be a real force next year.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 07 Aug 2019 15:17

My only concern is that I'm not sure Jose has worked out how to get results away yet. We have different players now I accept, however playing 11 behind the ball only gets you so far.

Suspect hell change it now he has his team in there.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 07 Aug 2019 15:22

now we have a player who can hold onto the ball up top it does allow us to play from a higher base

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Aug 2019 15:26

People talking like Puscas is already here. :shock:

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 07 Aug 2019 17:18

windermereROYAL People talking like Puscas is already here. :shock:

Think he's talking about the Portuguese that signed yesterday.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Aug 2019 18:11

What a window this has Makes me want to drive in the car and go to Hull.

I cant see anyone picking the correct team before Saturday's game.

Ejaria would probably slot straight in, along with Joao. Puscas might need time to adapt, along with Boye, keeper for sure will start. Pele also.

Barrett, Richards, Loader will be banished.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 18:25

paultheroyal What a window this has Makes me want to drive in the car and go to Hull.

I cant see anyone picking the correct team before Saturday's game.

Ejaria would probably slot straight in, along with Joao. Puscas might need time to adapt, along with Boye, keeper for sure will start. Pele also.

Barrett, Richards, Loader will be banished.

Who will,play left back then ?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Aug 2019 18:30

Can see Morrison slipping in there.

Or second coming for Gunter lol

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Aug 2019 18:34

paultheroyal Can see Morrison slipping in there.

I understand why the club has tried to move him on (wages), but if Gunter is still here when the window closes he has to be an option

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 19:50

paultheroyal Can see Morrison slipping in there.

The right footed CB who cant pass??

1826 posts