Re: Next Season's Squad.

by Lower West » 07 Aug 2019 20:44

Yiadom LB, Morrison RB

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Aug 2019 21:16

Lower West Yiadom LB, Morrison RB

And that solves his reported inability to pass how?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Aug 2019 21:42

NewCorkSeth

Yiadom passes, RB hits it long

Keeps the opposition guessing

(I should be manager)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Aug 2019 21:47

Snowball
NewCorkSeth

Yiadom passes, RB hits it long

Keeps the opposition guessing

(I should be manager)

You have my vote.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 07 Aug 2019 22:05

This is all very surreal at the moment and i wouldn't be surprised if we move a few players on tomorrow before the deadline. I would guess that either Barrow, Meite or Loader would be the ones most sought after.
Meite would be in high demand after scoring again on Saturday, Barrow has been mentioned a few times now and i think Loader may go to Wolves.
I wouldn't be to fussed with either Barrow or Loader moving on, especially if we can get some decent money and clauses put in with the Loader deal. Meite is a different story, i still think he has a lot to offer the team and his aggression and explosive style would be missed.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Aug 2019 22:09

Courtney Friday has been on the money this summer and reporting we are now considering buying Ejaria. Blimey. We are going to have some squad but the crucial word in all of this is the ‘g’ word. Will they gel?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Aug 2019 22:54

Are bookies ever wrong?

We are the firm favourites to get relegated.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Aug 2019 23:05

paultheroyal Are bookies ever wrong?

They don’t have a clue especially giving odds when it comes to politics. Their odds will start to change if we start winning games. Looking at this squad it really should be top six if Gomes can get them to play as a team. Lots of egos in there though.

JR

by JR » 07 Aug 2019 23:12

I lumped on us at 28/1 to get promoted last night. Clearly it’s not likely but we all know that championship success is not determined in the first few months of the season, so who knows what may happen if the new signings gel.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 08 Aug 2019 05:47

Zip Courtney Friday has been on the money this summer and reporting we are now considering buying Ejaria. Blimey. We are going to have some squad but the crucial word in all of this is the ‘g’ word. Will they gel?

Yep. All the pieces to the puzzle will be there (especially if we end up getting Ejaria), just have to fit them together properly. Bedding in multiple new players at the same time could be a challenge but if they all do what they are supposed to do on the pitch after they get settled this could be a very good team this season.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Aug 2019 08:26

Zip

They don’t have a clue especially giving odds when it comes to politics. Their odds will start to change if we start winning games. Looking at this squad it really should be top six if Gomes can get them to play as a team. Lots of egos in there though.

Aren’t the odds a function of where the money is going ?
Given the number of big northern clubs with fans who do nothing but drink and bet when not down the pit yiu’d Think there is much more money going on those teams than there is on our club with it’s IT / graphic design based fans who spend all their money on designer coffee and beard wax and would no more place a bet than eat mushy peas.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Aug 2019 08:44

Nameless
Zip

Given the number of big northern clubs with fans who do nothing but drink and bet when not down the pit yiu’d Think there is much more money going on those teams than there is on our club with it’s IT / graphic design based fans who spend all their money on designer coffee and beard wax and would no more place a bet than eat mushy peas.

You're forgetting the avocado toast.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 08 Aug 2019 08:51

No left back = No top table finish.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Aug 2019 08:57

Elm Park Kid No left back = No top table finish.

We have 3.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Aug 2019 09:20

WestYorksRoyal
Elm Park Kid No left back = No top table finish.

We have 3.

And one of them isn’t even injured.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 08 Aug 2019 09:26

If we can get a fee for

Nova
Loader

Some how get rid of

Baldock
Gunter
McCleary
Popa

And Sign

Ejaria

That would leave us in a great position. Left back is a week spot though with Obits unlikely to be the same, Blackett with obvious deficiencies and Richards just not good enough but week probably need to struggle through with those this season.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 08 Aug 2019 09:29

Crowbar6753 This is all very surreal at the moment and i wouldn't be surprised if we move a few players on tomorrow before the deadline. I would guess that either Barrow, Meite or Loader would be the ones most sought after.
Meite would be in high demand after scoring again on Saturday, Barrow has been mentioned a few times now and i think Loader may go to Wolves.
I wouldn't be to fussed with either Barrow or Loader moving on, especially if we can get some decent money and clauses put in with the Loader deal. Meite is a different story, i still think he has a lot to offer the team and his aggression and explosive style would be missed.

Barrow and Meite won't be going anywhere. The squad is there now and they want to be a part of it. We wouldn't sell them anyway.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Aug 2019 09:32

Nameless
Zip

They go where the money is going to an extent but will be influenced by other factors including current form, changes in personnel including management and usage of beard wax.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2019 09:35

Some rumours that we have accepted an offer for Barrow and that Loader to Wolves is looking more likely. But it's deadline day so who knows what is true.

Gunter looks to be leaving prob on loan but we are pushing for a sale.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 08 Aug 2019 09:36

So Gomes mentioned that it will be 4 or 5 U23 academy players in and around the team.

Who we thinking?

Loader
Olise
McIntyre
Barrett
Richards/Howe?

I dont think hes counting Rinomhota.

1826 posts