Rumour - Danny Loader to Wolves

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Rumour - Danny Loader to Wolves

by Forbury Lion » 08 Aug 2019 09:25

Just on Sky Sports News, Wolves eager to sign highly rated youngster Danny Loader from Reading. Reading want to hang onto him as they rate him highly.

NotARacist

Re: Rumour - Danny Loader to Wolves

by NotARacist » 08 Aug 2019 09:30

I rate this thread highly. And I happen to be a highly rated poster.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 08 Aug 2019 09:39

Joe Edward's (a Wolves journo) is claiming Loader in unwilling to sign a new deal. That seems odd. Guess selling him would make sense if it were true despite my inclination to keeping him.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Aug 2019 09:42

I hope if it does happen, we invoke the ghost of Hammond and absolutely rinse them. £5m please.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2019 09:45

Can't help but think Wolves is the wrong move for him but if he won't sign a new deal or his agent is advising him not to, then we should, however reluctantly, cash in.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Aug 2019 09:50

Wolves are probably offering a deal rising depending on his development so they don't lose out on it. we need money up front on this deal.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 08 Aug 2019 09:57

I personally think he's overrated , I think Wolves are overrating him and this thread is overrated.

Would happily take a fee for him.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Aug 2019 09:59

I can't see this working out well for Loader or Wolves. It's Tish to Villa mk.2, except Tish had proven himself more.

However, if his agent is advising him and he's set all we can do is hold out for a good fee involving guaranteed cash. Not structured in extras and sell-ons; he will spend several years getting loans then be sold back to the Championship.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Aug 2019 10:00

Loader is an odd one. Highly rated and obviously talented, he's not really shone the way I'd have expected in the first team. Gomes obviously rates him, but I'm not sure where he really fits in.

If we're selling, we should get at least what we paid for Puscas. When you factor in the English price inflation factor.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 08 Aug 2019 10:02

WestYorksRoyal I hope if it does happen, we invoke the ghost of Hammond and absolutely rinse them. £5m please.

5m is a little low. English premium and whatnot.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Aug 2019 10:22

less than 1 year on contract, reckon it would be top end

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 08 Aug 2019 10:33

Maneki Neko less than 1 year on contract, reckon it would be top end

Sessegnon about to go for 25 million in last year of contract. Higher profile so higher fee but to drop down to 5m? That's a lot.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Aug 2019 10:35

NotARacist Joe Edward's (a Wolves journo) is claiming Loader in unwilling to sign a new deal. That seems odd. Guess selling him would make sense if it were true despite my inclination to keeping him.

Is that unwilling to sign again or just unwilling to sign the deal offered, if the latter, isn’t that called negotiation?

Hope he doesn’t leave as at 18 he’s got a bright future and is going to get first team football at Reading with some top coaching but then even at 18 you have to consider the £s offered and a chance that might not come again even if It’d be a couple of years playing a minor bit part in cup games and going out on loan.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 08 Aug 2019 10:39

Sutekh
NotARacist Joe Edward's (a Wolves journo) is claiming Loader in unwilling to sign a new deal. That seems odd. Guess selling him would make sense if it were true despite my inclination to keeping him.

Is that unwilling to sign again or just unwilling to sign the deal offered, if the latter, isn’t that called negotiation?

Hope he doesn’t leave as at 18 he’s got a bright future and is going to get first team football at Reading with some top coaching but then even at 18 you have to consider the £s offered and a chance that might not come again even if It’d be a couple of years playing a minor bit part in cup games and going out on loan.

It read as unwilling to sign again. Could be agent talk.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 08 Aug 2019 10:56

My guess is this has been rumbling on in the background for some time.

If you look at the situation objectively from the club, player and agents’ point of view. Wolves will be a good option for all concerned. They can afford to development Loader over a longer period then we can. They can buy him, loan him out, maybe a European loan this year and then a bottom half Championship club next year. Within 2 to 3 seasons Loader could be ready, he'll be at the right age and experience to command a big move or a place in a PL starting 11.

I’m certain by deadline we’ll read “to Wolves, fee undisclosed” which means something like £2m up front + development stage payments + a sell on / number of first team apps clause

Basildon

by Basildon » 08 Aug 2019 11:12

CF confirming he's 'close' to joining

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2019 11:15

Basildon CF confirming he's 'close' to joining

Yep, will be surprised if this one doesn't go through. Think it's a mistake for his career if he does as best he can hope for this year is a loan (not to us) or U23 games. Can easily see him being there for 2 or 3 years and moving back down to the Championship - won't be around the first team there and if Wolves continue to push top 6, not sure he'll make the breakthrough but good luck to him if he does go.

Basildon

by Basildon » 08 Aug 2019 11:20

Stranded
Basildon CF confirming he's 'close' to joining

Yep, will be surprised if this one doesn't go through. Think it's a mistake for his career if he does as best he can hope for this year is a loan (not to us) or U23 games. Can easily see him being there for 2 or 3 years and moving back down to the Championship - won't be around the first team there and if Wolves continue to push top 6, not sure he'll make the breakthrough but good luck to him if he does go.

Shame to see him go as he's obviously got bags of potential. Didn't really perform last season but then that was in a struggling team. Would have been nice to see how he got on this year in a (hopefully) improved team.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Aug 2019 11:21

I’d be really disappointed to see Loader go, I want our youngsters to play for us. However
- he’s not had the impact expected, but he’s very young and expectations were probably too high
- if we get a fee that pays for Puscas then that is a good exchange (subject to Puscas delivering)
- while you feel some of the youngsters really want to play for the club. McIntyre, Barrett, Holmes, Howe really seem to have an emotional connection. I’ve never quite got that from Loader
- Olise. Loader moving would push him further up the pecking order and to be honest he’s looked the better player in his appearances so far
I’d prefer Loader to stay and become a star here but if he goes I don’t think it will be at all the end of the world.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Aug 2019 11:31

NotARacist
Maneki Neko less than 1 year on contract, reckon it would be top end

Sessegnon about to go for 25 million in last year of contract. Higher profile so higher fee but to drop down to 5m? That's a lot.

We are talking about the Ryan Sessegnon who is the same age as Loader but has 5 times as many first team appearances and has a goalscoring rate of 1 in 5 despite being wing back?

I'd take £2m plus add ons for Loader. He'll walk next summer for £1.5m tops.