Rumour - Danny Loader to Wolves

NotARacist

Re: Rumour - Danny Loader to Wolves

by NotARacist » 08 Aug 2019 19:41

You have to love a chairman who can turn down money.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2019 19:51

Maybe it’s only because a bigger offer comes in...

Be interesting to see if we do sell anyone whilst the European windows are open

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 08 Aug 2019 19:58

sandman Deal off just reported on SSN.

Player "devastated".

Agent "devastated". As someone who also supports London Irish, I hope his brother is better advised.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Aug 2019 21:45

As a general rule London Irish players walk away from the club as soon as Bath whistle.
You have to assume Wolves tried to either get Loader on the cheap or wouldn’t structure the deal to suit us. Can only see him running down his contract and leaving for a tribunal determined fee

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Aug 2019 23:20

Offer was 8 million I've heard
Fell through due to the Kennedy deal going south

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 09 Aug 2019 00:47

Maneki Neko Offer was 8 million I've heard

If that is the reason I would be devastated. Do we really need a replacement for him?

We have Barrett, Olise, Barrow, Meite and Boyce who can all play on the wing. Even if Barrow goes that leaves us with 4.

In the role just beyind the striker we have Boyce, Barrett, Olise, Swift, Baldock or Ejaria.

Up front Puscas, Joao, Meite and Nova.

I just can't see how Loader fits in. Those names are mostly interchangeable too so rotating and keeping that nunber happy is very doable. Anymore and we are at the same problem we've been in since Stam was here, bloated numbers.

We should have bitten Wolves hand off for 8mill in a player that doesn't want to stay and has less than a year left on his deal. I think the club will regret not letting him go for that sum.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 09 Aug 2019 07:04

I thought Brighton’s 10m for Moore was good offer. Turns out Mr Dai made the right decision not to sell, took a similar view to hold on to Meite last season.

If the club can afford to turn down 8mil then they can afford to offer Loader a bumper contract and develop him.
Wolves offering similar money to the Puscas fee is interesting.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Aug 2019 07:19

Maneki Neko Offer was 8 million I've heard

Source? If he doesn't sign a new contract, no way a tribunal will set the fee that high. He'll probably be a bit part player for us this season. Bonkers decision if true.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Aug 2019 08:15

Was it £8 million cash or was it £2 million now,£2 million when he plays for their first team, £2 million when he reaches 50 games and £2 million when he wins a full cap. The way it was structured would make a huge difference.

Hard to see why the Kennedy deal would stop Loader going. We’ve got plenty of options in Loader’s position and it’s not like he’s been a key member of the side, he’s potential rather than current.
Hope the club can explain th8ngs to him and he is grown up enough to accept things don’t always work out. Every chance he’ll get a better opportunity in January if he gets his head down and works.
Worst case is Wolves tell him they will have him next summer, offer a huge signing on fee and he spends the year kicking his heels on the bench for the U23s

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Aug 2019 08:41

If it was 8m, then we should have taken it. Though as suggested, expect it was heavily performance related

Barrow off today from the sounds of it. That probably also influenced things

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 09 Aug 2019 09:05

Could Barrows fee and his wages off our books be worth more in a year than the initial payment we would have gotten for Loader?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 09 Aug 2019 09:06

Wolves were also due to sign striker Danny Loader, 18, from Reading, also for the u23s.

He was at Compton for a medical, but a deal fell through at the last minute when the Royals upped their asking price.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Aug 2019 09:13

paddy20 Wolves were also due to sign striker Danny Loader, 18, from Reading, also for the u23s.

He was at Compton for a medical, but a deal fell through at the last minute when the Royals upped their asking price.

Did you invent that or could you supply a source ?
It’s sounds like it’s from a Wolves source and sounds a little unlikely, or at least a partial version of what happened

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 09 Aug 2019 11:03

Hound Maybe it’s only because a bigger offer comes in...

This. As Hound and Hendo both pointed out, the European Leagues Tranfer window runs to late August. Juventus and a couple of big German sides have been sniffing.

Also, with L1 & 2 windows open until the end of August, could a season long loan move be on the cards on the back of signing a lucrative new contract?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Aug 2019 13:54

Tilehurstsouthbank

This. As Hound and Hendo both pointed out, the European Leagues Tranfer window runs to late August. Juventus and a couple of big German sides have been sniffing.

Also, with L1 & 2 windows open until the end of August, could a season long loan move be on the cards on the back of signing a lucrative new contract?

I hardly think a player devastated about missing out on the premier league at the last minute would happily go on loan to League One. :lol:

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 09 Aug 2019 15:26

CountryRoyal
Tilehurstsouthbank

I hardly think a player devastated about missing out on the premier league at the last minute would happily go on loan to League One. :lol:

Undoubtedly right, but stranger things have happened. Even if it's just a few months to get his confidence and strength up.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Aug 2019 15:36

Tilehurstsouthbank
CountryRoyal
Tilehurstsouthbank

Undoubtedly right, but stranger things have happened. Even if it's just a few months to get his confidence and strength up.

He looks like he's bulked up over the summer to be fair. Confidence is a bigger issue; he always takes easy options instead of trying to make things happen.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 09 Aug 2019 16:30

Oilroyal I thought Brighton’s 10m for Moore was good offer. Turns out Mr Dai made the right decision not to sell.

I’m not sure he did.
How much do you think Miazga would cost?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Aug 2019 16:36

Denver Royal
Oilroyal I thought Brighton’s 10m for Moore was good offer. Turns out Mr Dai made the right decision not to sell.

I’m not sure he did.
How much do you think Miazga would cost?

He told Gourlay to put a new contract together for Moore. Gourlay delayed and Moore had the Brighton contract ready to sign. Moore had to chase Gourlay for the contract because he wanted to stay.
So Dai could just have taken the money, and Moore could have just walked away. But between them they came up with a way of Moore staying, despite Gourlay’s (non)efforts.

Hogmeister Royal

by Hogmeister Royal » 09 Aug 2019 16:46

Sounds like I’m in a minority of one here, but I think young Danny is probably the brightest of our Crown Jewels and could be a top player in the future. Don’t think you can judge him too much on recent games where he’s been played out of position in midfield. Hugely relieved and thankful that we’ve managed to hang on to him, our challenge now is keeping him happy, in a situation where we have some experienced strikers ahead of him in the pecking order (at least for now). A new contract and season-long loan to a decent European team maybe?