Rumour - Danny Loader to Wolves

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour - Danny Loader to Wolves

by Denver Royal » 09 Aug 2019 16:49

Nameless
Denver Royal
Oilroyal I thought Brighton’s 10m for Moore was good offer. Turns out Mr Dai made the right decision not to sell.

I’m not sure he did.
How much do you think Miazga would cost?

He told Gourlay to put a new contract together for Moore. Gourlay delayed and Moore had the Brighton contract ready to sign. Moore had to chase Gourlay for the contract because he wanted to stay.
So Dai could just have taken the money, and Moore could have just walked away. But between them they came up with a way of Moore staying, despite Gourlay’s (non)efforts.

Well, I meant I think I’d have sold and taken the 10 mil. (I wasn’t alone either, as I recall).
Anyway, Moore didn’t want to leave a struggling Champ club and play in the Premier? Interesting. Wish he’d talk to Loader :)
(Btw, when there was rumored interest from Celtic a few weeks ago, a few said it would be a good move for him and that he’d want to go?)
Last edited by Denver Royal on 09 Aug 2019 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 09 Aug 2019 16:55

Denver Royal
Nameless
Denver Royal I’m not sure he did.
How much do you think Miazga would cost?

He told Gourlay to put a new contract together for Moore. Gourlay delayed and Moore had the Brighton contract ready to sign. Moore had to chase Gourlay for the contract because he wanted to stay.
So Dai could just have taken the money, and Moore could have just walked away. But between them they came up with a way of Moore staying, despite Gourlay’s (non)efforts.

Well, I meant I think I’d have sold and taken the 10 mil. (I wasn’t alone either, as I recall).
Anyway, Moore didn’t want to leave a struggling Champ club and play in the Premier? Interesting. Wish he’d talk to Loader :)

As team captain I'm sure he will

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Aug 2019 17:38

Nameless Was it £8 million cash or was it £2 million now,£2 million when he plays for their first team, £2 million when he reaches 50 games and £2 million when he wins a full cap. The way it was structured would make a huge difference.

Hard to see why the Kennedy deal would stop Loader going. We’ve got plenty of options in Loader’s position and it’s not like he’s been a key member of the side, he’s potential rather than current.
Hope the club can explain th8ngs to him and he is grown up enough to accept things don’t always work out. Every chance he’ll get a better opportunity in January if he gets his head down and works.
Worst case is Wolves tell him they will have him next summer, offer a huge signing on fee and he spends the year kicking his heels on the bench for the U23s

Not saying it's true, but my best guess of an explanation if it is:

We were definitely bringing in Ejaria, but wanted the structured loan deal we got... that was taking time because Liverpool wanted a sale with more upfront.

Kenedy becomes available and we start pursuing that, but don't want a 6th loanee again.

We're aware of Wolves interest in Loader.

We think Kenedy is too good to miss and Loader has gone down the pecking order so we alert Wolves that we are open to offers, so that we can get the money to pay for Ejaria upfront and free up a loan space for Kenedy.

Kenedy backs out. We no longer need Ejaria to not be a loan and so we no longer need to sell to raise the Ejaria transfer fee now. So we pull the plug on the Loader deal because we prefer him here if possible.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 09 Aug 2019 18:15

that's plausible and makes sense