The Local Journo Thread

888 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by Zip » 08 Aug 2019 17:41

CF has been on the money throughout these past few weeks so fair play to him. He just needs to pronounce the name of our stadium and former owner correctly now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Aug 2019 17:47

He got all his info from me.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 13 Aug 2019 13:24

What is it with Courtney Friday? He did a great job with transfers recently but now hell bent on stirring the shit with players. First making something of nothing over the Meite tweet and now stirring the shit on twitter over Danny Loader.
Does he have a brain? Doesn’t he realise his stirring will not help the club or player/s. And his aim is to achieve what? Have a bunch of numb-nut twitters agree with him. Just lost any respect I had for him, the kid needs to grow up.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2019 13:41

Oilroyal What is it with Courtney Friday? He did a great job with transfers recently but now hell bent on stirring the shit with players. First making something of nothing over the Meite tweet and now stirring the shit on twitter over Danny Loader.
Does he have a brain? Doesn’t he realise his stirring will not help the club or player/s. And his aim is to achieve what? Have a bunch of numb-nut twitters agree with him. Just lost any respect I had for him, the kid needs to grow up.

Clicks. Fin.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Aug 2019 14:59

Oilroyal What is it with Courtney Friday? He did a great job with transfers recently but now hell bent on stirring the shit with players. First making something of nothing over the Meite tweet and now stirring the shit on twitter over Danny Loader.

He's a journalist. He gets paid to provoke discussion, interests and clicks on the media outlets' websites. He isn't a club employee and isn't paid to promote the club's interests. The biggest risk he faces is getting frozen out by the club and/or players. However, given the number of crazy rants and sometimes seemingly personal vendettas that Dellor has got away with, that risk would seem low.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 13 Aug 2019 21:06

Snowflake Royal

Clicks. Fin.

Clicks for what? He doesnt even work for a newspaper anymore.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Aug 2019 21:33

He likes attention. I've learned to not react to him anymore, just block him and you won't see it.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 14 Aug 2019 04:23

CF has been very good this window, but what is his aim? As far as I can see he is not generating any revenue by what he is doing...

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Aug 2019 08:58

Readingfanman
Snowflake Royal

Clicks. Fin.

That might be exactly the reason he wants the clicks. To show a perspective new employer that he can generate a social media ‘buzz’.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Aug 2019 09:12

It is a little strange him personally criticising the players like that. It’s not going to help him get his info. Transfers he has been good at, but if he wants little bits of info from the players, best not to slag them off

Tekkers

by Tekkers » 14 Aug 2019 15:04

Hendo
Readingfanman
Snowflake Royal Clicks. Fin.

That might be exactly the reason he wants the clicks. To show a perspective new employer that he can generate a social media ‘buzz’.

Not even close. He’s been in his new job which is non click needing for some time now. He calls things as he sees it. Fair play to him for that.

I had to laugh today’s when Jonathan Low reappeared after being non existent over the final days of the transfer window, only to offer to do a Q and A today. The man is useless! I know he’s a jack of all trades chap now for GR but he really does the job a disservice.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 14 Aug 2019 22:32

It seems to be the trend and I thought it was just kids and no-mark journalists pissing our players off. Grown men should know better

https://twitter.com/maffff/status/1161693525727227904

short memories https://youtu.be/YKZbHoo21dg

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Aug 2019 00:33

Oilroyal It seems to be the trend and I thought it was just kids and no-mark journalists pissing our players off. Grown men should know better

Just to elaborate
https://twitter.com/maffff/status/11617 ... 53248?s=19

(wrong thread btw)

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 15 Aug 2019 05:54

maffff
Oilroyal It seems to be the trend and I thought it was just kids and no-mark journalists pissing our players off. Grown men should know better

Just to elaborate
https://twitter.com/maffff/status/11617 ... 53248?s=19

(wrong thread btw)

Prefer to read GMac,s humble response with my cornflakes https://twitter.com/gmccleary12/status/1161716811026620416

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Aug 2019 10:51

It’s a shame that the situation has ended it the way it has but McCleary has been garbage since the start of 2017 really. His PO final performance was really iffy and I still maintain he should have taken a penalty rather than leaving it to a CB and LB who inevitable missed

Gunters a bit different in the sense he’s never really improved/regressed in his time here. He’s always performed at the same sort of level but from the outside it seems he’s been affected by fan criticism and he’s played in his shell for the last couple of years

I’m not sure directly criticising them on Twitter is the right way to go around it but at the same time people are overvaluing their contribution here considering we’ve consistently underperformed for the majority of their time here

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 15 Aug 2019 10:57

Think it's sad criticising them directly on twitter. This maf bloke is so obsessed with Reading and Twitter its weird for a grown man. Think a lot can depend on players like garath with the circumstances in terms of his kids schooling families all of that good stuff. He has no reason to move. And maf whoever you are stop being such a gimp its embarrassing

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Aug 2019 11:00

Theroyalbox Think it's sad criticising them directly on twitter. This maf bloke is so obsessed with Reading and Twitter its weird for a grown man. Think a lot can depend on players like garath with the circumstances in terms of his kids schooling families all of that good stuff. He has no reason to move. And maf whoever you are stop being such a gimp its embarrassing

I have absolutely no idea who you are....

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 15 Aug 2019 11:19

maffff
Theroyalbox Think it's sad criticising them directly on twitter. This maf bloke is so obsessed with Reading and Twitter its weird for a grown man. Think a lot can depend on players like garath with the circumstances in terms of his kids schooling families all of that good stuff. He has no reason to move. And maf whoever you are stop being such a gimp its embarrassing

I have absolutely no idea who you are....

It's a good thing not drawing attention to yourself on the internet. Why do you feel the need to slag off players on social media?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 15 Aug 2019 12:57

I see Mafff using the Wilder article as part of his justification on twitter. What exactly has Wilder got to do with Gunts and Gmac? Since when has Wilder had anything to do with us, the club and our players?

to add:

It’s a real shame because Mafff is on my “most visited” tab and I go to his twitter first thing and again 6 or 7 times a day to find useful and sometimes amusing stuff. But sadly, this one he got completely wrong

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Aug 2019 13:19

I’ve no problem with him sharing an opinion tbh. And no problem with GMac telling him to fcuk off

Don’t really do twitter but not sure ‘tagging in’ is appropriate.

I’d however suggest it’s oversimplification on his part - McCleary basically near the end of his career, 4(?) young kids at school, wife might well be working locally etc.

It’s not as simple as ‘just go find somewhere else’. Maybe he tried but no option allowed him to live at home etc. Then why would you leave/uproot the family

888 posts