BFTG - Wycombe Away

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Wycombe Away

by Theroyalbox » 14 Aug 2019 09:46

CountryRoyal
Theroyalbox Mcintyre - Didn't put a foot wrong. Good for a youngster.

Lost his man who managed to get in front of him for the goal, no?

Hard to tell with the Zonal marking. I thought Moore was covering the front post but I may well be mistaken. The whole thing confuses me to be honest and I would way prefer man to man.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Aug 2019 09:47

Theroyalbox
CountryRoyal
Theroyalbox Mcintyre - Didn't put a foot wrong. Good for a youngster.

Hard to tell with the Zonal marking. I thought Moore was covering the front post but I may well be mistaken. The whole thing confuses me to be honest and I would way prefer man to man.

Really? I much prefer zonal for corners.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 14 Aug 2019 09:50

NewCorkSeth
Theroyalbox
CountryRoyal

Just think it allows a man to get a run of the defender. I think we looked really vulnerable with it last night. Especially the free kick at the end after RIchards made that foul. That defending was a mess. Warnocks team on Sunday will make a mockery out of that.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 14 Aug 2019 09:53

As others have said, We looked brilliant for the first 20 mins, Ejaria and Boye were class. We looked poorer second half when Boye went off. Adam seemed to disappear second half. I didn't think Richards played that well it was only late on when we were chasing that he started overlapping on the left hand side and creating anything before that he was slow and not creating anything. On the right hand side, Moore played basically as a RWB which to his credit he did his best but this is not his strong suit. We are a decent WB away from being a very good side.

My MOTM was the Wycombe PA man. Full credit for him playing Sweet Caroline before the penalties then realising and not playing another chorus. :lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Aug 2019 10:07

Theroyalbox
NewCorkSeth
Theroyalbox

Just think it allows a man to get a run of the defender. I think we looked really vulnerable with it last night. Especially the free kick at the end after RIchards made that foul. That defending was a mess. Warnocks team on Sunday will make a mockery out of that.

It's an ideal I guess. In proper zonal marking the attackers will be running into a space already covered. But we are shit at marking corners (there was a slight upturn in our fortunes under Gomes last season) so who knows.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 14 Aug 2019 10:46

If we were playing 5-3-2 which i think we were i didn't understand the reluctance of RIchards and Rinomhota to overlap. We had no width as a result. Quite often they would play the first half of a one-two with the CM, but then when the CM made the body angle to pass it into the space down the wing the WBs were not willing to bomb on. That was annoying.

We were so narrow in the final third build up. Its annoying because with about 10 minutes to go when we started to really push on we found a lot of joy out wide getting in behind. I think at championship level going down the wing and crossing in or trying to get in behind has to be your bread and butter. It worked with Little and Convey, it worked with Kebe and Hunt. Its fun to watch.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Aug 2019 10:51

Seen the goal and it is a good save from the first effort but GP does really well to follow it in and score.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 14 Aug 2019 10:57

Greatwesternline If we were playing 5-3-2 which i think we were i didn't understand the reluctance of RIchards and Rinomhota to overlap. We had no width as a result. Quite often they would play the first half of a one-two with the CM, but then when the CM made the body angle to pass it into the space down the wing the WBs were not willing to bomb on. That was annoying.

We were so narrow in the final third build up. Its annoying because with about 10 minutes to go when we started to really push on we found a lot of joy out wide getting in behind. I think at championship level going down the wing and crossing in or trying to get in behind has to be your bread and butter. It worked with Little and Convey, it worked with Kebe and Hunt. Its fun to watch.

Richards was getting forward to good effect in the 1st half but not so much in the 2nd - can't remember if this coincided with us switching to 4 at the back when Swift came on

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Aug 2019 11:20

Hendo Seen the goal and it is a good save from the first effort but GP does really well to follow it in and score.

Agree. Actually more impressed by the determination and finish on the follow up than if he’d finished first time. Proper instinct.

Great ball from Swift of course - he has started the season well

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 14 Aug 2019 11:22

I'm sorry but we got away with one there.

Our defending and shape is atrocious and a better side would quite simply have put 4-5 past us.

The amount of opportunities they had was really concerning and the coaching team need to get a grip of it asap otherwise we'll be down in the mix again all season, to be frank. Gomes still doesn't understand how to set up away from home, and it's happening every game.

Another game without a win in the 90. I am happy to keep faith with him, but he needs to do something to change the way we play away. We are just not compact at all.

Just to passive.

Keeper looks an improvement and I'm sure we'll click going forward.

Glad we're through and will be going to Plymouth.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Aug 2019 11:24

Hound
Hendo Seen the goal and it is a good save from the first effort but GP does really well to follow it in and score.

Agree. Actually more impressed by the determination and finish on the follow up than if he’d finished first time. Proper instinct.

Great ball from Swift of course - he has started the season well

Agreed on the second bit as well. Was an excellent ball. Can see why Gomes wants him in the team. When he plays well he improves us.

2 assists in 2 now.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 14 Aug 2019 11:27

In a word - Disjointed.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Aug 2019 11:37

SWLR In a word - Disjointed.

But kind of understandably so....
There is some quality raw material to work with. Jose just needs to settle on his way of playing and let the players bed in.
Massive difference to where we were a year ago.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 14 Aug 2019 12:10

Nameless

There is some quality raw material to work with. Jose just needs to settle on his way of playing and let the players bed in.

Agreed. I mean, even the season we got promoted under McDermott (blessed be his name), we weren't very good until November.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 14 Aug 2019 12:26

Also one other thing I missed - there number 5 CB was superb.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 14 Aug 2019 13:43

Nameless

Starting formation didn't help tbh. Felt it strange to be going with something new with the amount of new players that need to gel.....unless thats how we are playing going forward. But then why Rino at RWB, just didn't make sense.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Aug 2019 13:55

Coppells Lost Coat
Nameless

Starting formation didn't help tbh. Felt it strange to be going with something new with the amount of new players that need to gel.....unless thats how we are playing going forward. But then why Rino at RWB, just didn't make sense.

I assumed it was about getting certain players on the pitch, chose 11 and then decide how you can play them. I think playing 352 was fair enough but Rino may as well not have played. Other than that it was reasonable in terms of players getting minutes under their belt.

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 14 Aug 2019 14:11

+1

Thought he reacted very quickly and showed a real strikers desire to make sure he got to the rebound first. Encouraging...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Aug 2019 17:26

Snowball
Snowflake Royal
Thanks.

??

Snowflake Royal
Why play Rino at RWB if we have Yiadom, Gunter, Howe and Watson at the club. It's madness.

Because Yiadom might need a rest..

Because Gunter is .surplus to requirements and not match fit.

Because Rhino at RWB might be better than either Howe or Watson
and it allows for Rhino to go central if Adam or Pele are pulled

You have 4 RBs at your disposal. Two young products of your academy who went on tour with the first team. And you choose to play your best midfielder out of position, into a position where his performances have been mixed.

Might as well tell Howe and Watson to pack their bags.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Aug 2019 17:29

Snowflake Royal
Snowball
Snowflake Royal
Thanks.

??

Snowflake Royal
Why play Rino at RWB if we have Yiadom, Gunter, Howe and Watson at the club. It's madness.

Because Yiadom might need a rest..

Because Gunter is .surplus to requirements and not match fit.

Because Rhino at RWB might be better than either Howe or Watson
and it allows for Rhino to go central if Adam or Pele are pulled

You have 4 RBs at your disposal. Two young products of your academy who went on tour with the first team. And you choose to play your best midfielder out of position, into a position where his performances have been mixed.

Might as well tell Howe and Watson to pack their bags.

Were either of them involved in the U-23 game on Monday? If so, that might be why they weren't involved.