The Local Journo Thread

888 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by sandman » 15 Aug 2019 14:40

Maffff should probably have realised his mistake when those f[u]ckwits SDR and CKS agreed with him.

Sure sign that you've said something stupid.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Aug 2019 18:07

Hound I’ve no problem with him sharing an opinion tbh. And no problem with GMac telling him to fcuk off

Don’t really do twitter but not sure ‘tagging in’ is appropriate.

I’d however suggest it’s oversimplification on his part - McCleary basically near the end of his career, 4(?) young kids at school, wife might well be working locally etc.

It’s not as simple as ‘just go find somewhere else’. Maybe he tried but no option allowed him to live at home etc. Then why would you leave/uproot the family

The idea that the likes of maffff think they have some sort of right to contact players to criticise them directly is a disgrace IMO.

I've chucked around plenty of criticism of players on here. And if they choose to come here to read it, that's their look out IMO. But the idea of looking up Gunter and berating him for what I think he does? The arrogance would be astounding.

It's one thing to criticise someone for how they play. Or to criticise people who have never really performed, haven't been here long, are actually doing something wrong and taking advantage... but players with long and committed service. You've got to be a total pcunt to go after them directly to their face.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Aug 2019 21:38

My ignorance - but what does tagging someone on twitter actually do? Send them some sort of notification or appear in their feed?

But yep, some loser who spends all day on Twitter really has no right to be telling talented successful sports people to do anything really

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 15 Aug 2019 22:12

Hound My ignorance - but what does tagging someone on twitter actually do? Send them some sort of notification or appear in their feed?

But yep, some loser who spends all day on Twitter really has no right to be telling talented successful sports people to do anything really

You'll get a notification if someone tags you on Twitter.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 16 Aug 2019 09:21

Snowflake Royal
Hound I’ve no problem with him sharing an opinion tbh. And no problem with GMac telling him to fcuk off

Don’t really do twitter but not sure ‘tagging in’ is appropriate.

I’d however suggest it’s oversimplification on his part - McCleary basically near the end of his career, 4(?) young kids at school, wife might well be working locally etc.

It’s not as simple as ‘just go find somewhere else’. Maybe he tried but no option allowed him to live at home etc. Then why would you leave/uproot the family

The idea that the likes of maffff think they have some sort of right to contact players to criticise them directly is a disgrace IMO.

I've chucked around plenty of criticism of players on here. And if they choose to come here to read it, that's their look out IMO. But the idea of looking up Gunter and berating him for what I think he does? The arrogance would be astounding.

It's one thing to criticise someone for how they play. Or to criticise people who have never really performed, haven't been here long, are actually doing something wrong and taking advantage... but players with long and committed service. You've got to be a total pcunt to go after them directly to their face.

+1 Disgusting behaviour. Really annoyed me.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Aug 2019 09:42

Readingfanman
Hound My ignorance - but what does tagging someone on twitter actually do? Send them some sort of notification or appear in their feed?

You'll get a notification if someone tags you on Twitter.

Unless they have them turned off, which I would assume some footballers do.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2019 10:40

Seems McCleary obviously got the message from him. Did a decent job of making mafff look a complete tool as well

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 16 Aug 2019 11:33

#pray for Maffff

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 16 Aug 2019 15:01

sandman Maffff should probably have realised his mistake when those f[u]ckwits SDR and CKS agreed with him.

This 100%. Two of the biggest Fcukwitts on Twitter and unfortunately Maffff (who I used to have a lot of time for), is spiralling towards their levels of pcuntishness.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Aug 2019 15:18

Tilehurstsouthbank
sandman Maffff should probably have realised his mistake when those f[u]ckwits SDR and CKS agreed with him.

This 100%. Two of the biggest Fcukwitts on Twitter and unfortunately Maffff (who I used to have a lot of time for), is spiralling towards their levels of pcuntishness.

Maffff has posted some excellent stuff on here. Baffled as to why he wants to have a go at somebody like GMac.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2019 07:45

Zip
Tilehurstsouthbank

Maffff has posted some excellent stuff on here. Baffled as to why he wants to have a go at somebody like GMac.

Maffff likes being 'edgy' and is playing the followers and social media game IMO. A bit of attention (for some pretty good stuff) and then he thinks he's got a right to tell professional athletes how they're wrong and he's right.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Aug 2019 18:42

Jonathan Low getting some serious stick on Twitter, notably from Yakou Meite. Labelled the racist comments as "alleged".

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Aug 2019 19:21

Old Man Andrews Jonathan Low getting some serious stick on Twitter, notably from Yakou Meite. Labelled the racist comments as "alleged".

It's a silly outrage deflecting from the seriousness of the actual issue. Journalists are taught to tweet "alleged" from a legal perspective.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2019 08:31

yep standard Twitter outrage, boring and pathetic

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Aug 2019 09:01

genome
Old Man Andrews Jonathan Low getting some serious stick on Twitter, notably from Yakou Meite. Labelled the racist comments as "alleged".

It's a silly outrage deflecting from the seriousness of the actual issue. Journalists are taught to tweet "alleged" from a legal perspective.

CF cleared this up a bit later on IIRC.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 19 Aug 2019 10:25

Can anyone clear up what happened. I got in the car after the game and Tim and Adie were talking about a Tweet that Yak had sent out being a bit cryptic, then a few minutes later they said it was because a 'fan' had tweeted Yak with something quite nasty.

Also, I heard that Tim was bitching about the starting line up before the game. Can anyone confirm?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 19 Aug 2019 11:09

Feel like the pressure of strong competition is getting to Meite a bit.

Obviously a ridiculous DM and it shouldn't be the case but surely most pros are used to receiving a ton of absolute shit on social media?

This followed up by him calling jlow out and following him storming off the pitch at 90mins.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Aug 2019 11:17

Jagermesiter1871 Feel like the pressure of strong competition is getting to Meite a bit.

Obviously a ridiculous DM and it shouldn't be the case but surely most pros are used to receiving a ton of absolute shit on social media?

This followed up by him calling jlow out and following him storming off the pitch at 90mins.

I guess they might but this isn't your standard, run-of-the-mill "you're shit"

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 19 Aug 2019 11:29

Tilehurstsouthbank Can anyone clear up what happened. I got in the car after the game and Tim and Adie were talking about a Tweet that Yak had sent out being a bit cryptic, then a few minutes later they said it was because a 'fan' had tweeted Yak with something quite nasty.

Also, I heard that Tim was bitching about the starting line up before the game. Can anyone confirm?

yes but were happy to admit how wrong they were to the manager after the game

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 19 Aug 2019 11:46

Maneki Neko
Tilehurstsouthbank Can anyone clear up what happened. I got in the car after the game and Tim and Adie were talking about a Tweet that Yak had sent out being a bit cryptic, then a few minutes later they said it was because a 'fan' had tweeted Yak with something quite nasty.

yes but were happy to admit how wrong they were to the manager after the game

Which is fair enough. Can anyone elaborate on what was said/Tweeted to Yak?

888 posts