MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (a) sponsored by as hard as it gets

246 posts
Booseal

Re: MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (a) sponsored by as hard as it gets

by Booseal » 21 Aug 2019 11:12

Royal_jimmy
Heard we've sold over 700 for it. Not amazing but not awful either considering the context.

800 now, according to a WBA source

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 21 Aug 2019 11:19

Without this stupid red button nonsense it would be more. It's really effecting midweek attendances.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Aug 2019 11:32

There is far too much optimism on here over one win against a truly terrible Cardiff. It’s making me uncomfortable. Think we’ll be back down to earth with a bump.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Aug 2019 11:35

StellaPlease Without this stupid red button nonsense it would be more. It's really effecting midweek attendances.

Maybe I'm a fairweather fan, but midweek away games can be hard to balance with work and other commitments. It's great to be able to follow these games through other means. My decision to attend matches or not has only ever been based on time and money factors; I can't think of a single match where the availability to watch it on TV has affected me as, ultimately, watching on TV is nowhere near as good as the real thing.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Aug 2019 11:37

Snowball
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ Has to be the same team surely, can see Puscas and Joao causing Ajayi and Bartley problems

If, and it is an if for the moment, the Puşcaş we saw on Sunday is his usual self and that wasnt just a great "one in ten" performance from him, he will cause every defence problems.

It genuinely looked like we had an established premier league striker playing for us on Sunday.

Well, that was his second excellent performance in two games.

He looked very good at Wycombe (and scored, of course)

He looked (in that game) almost as if he was trying too hard

Sadly I didnt get to see the Wycombe game. I want to see him over 5 or 6 games(hopefully in a row) before I guess how good he actually is.

I think we all know hes good but the level is still in question for me. Still, hes very exciting. Most exciting striker we've had in a long time.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2019 11:41

CountryRoyal There is far too much optimism on here over one win against a truly terrible Cardiff. It’s making me uncomfortable. Think we’ll be back down to earth with a bump.

Am feeling this a little. We played very well and would have beaten anyone in the division on the day. But it was one game. Cardiff certainly aren't a truly terrible side - but they did play poorly (mainly due to how good we were though)

There were very positive signs, but our away record stinks, and I'm expecting a defeat tonight

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Aug 2019 11:43

CountryRoyal There is far too much optimism on here over one win against a truly terrible Cardiff. It’s making me uncomfortable. Think we’ll be back down to earth with a bump.

Agreed. It's been a little nauseating.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Aug 2019 11:52

StellaPlease Without this stupid red button nonsense it would be more. It's really effecting midweek attendances.

Can understand it having an impact on home attendances, but I don't think it does on away.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 21 Aug 2019 11:52

Watched the Hull game last night but switching to the other games via the red button and couldn’t help but notice that all grounds were poorly attended. The Red button will have an impact, but wasn’t impressed by any team last night and couldn’t help thinking that unless your team is bang on-it week in, week out, early season midweek games will naturally be poorly attended.

800 is a good number TBF

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 21 Aug 2019 11:53

Hendo

Can understand it having an impact on home attendances, but I don't think it does on away.

Are west brom not at home?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Aug 2019 11:54

genome

Wait until 10pm tonight when Puscas and Joao have both scored hat tricks as part of an 8-0 win.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Aug 2019 11:54

Oilroyal

Watched the Hull game last night but switching to the other games via the red button and couldn’t help but notice that all grounds were poorly attended. The Red button will have an impact, but wasn’t impressed by any team last night and couldn’t help thinking that unless your team is bang on-it week in, week out, early season midweek games will naturally be poorly attended.

800 is a good number TBF

Leeds will still bring 30,000 :wink:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Aug 2019 11:54

StellaPlease
Hendo

Well the preceding conversation was about how many we had sold for the game, so it is reasonable to think that is what you were talking about.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2019 11:54

Oilroyal

800 is a good number TBF

Summer hols as well - Probably 15-25% of people with kids are away at the moment

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 21 Aug 2019 12:00

Hendo
StellaPlease
Hendo

Well the preceding conversation was about how many we had sold for the game, so it is reasonable to think that is what you were talking about.

General attendances, bendo.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2019 12:05

Swift needs to be on his game at set pieces tonight

Been banging on about it, but we've the height and power to cause major problems from free kicks and corners. WBA look a pretty small side to me except the CBs (I think Austin is the only other player 6ft or above). If the delivery is good, they'll have a major issue with Morrison, Joao, Puscas, Miazga and Moore
Last edited by Hound on 21 Aug 2019 12:10, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Aug 2019 12:08

StellaPlease
Hendo
StellaPlease

General attendances, bendo.

I'd say the sample size is too small to get any useful analysis from it, would be interesting to see at the end of this season though.

The fact a home game has been on the red-button hasn't swayed me to watch on TV.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Aug 2019 12:14

WestYorksRoyal
genome

Wait until 10pm tonight when Puscas and Joao have both scored hat tricks as part of an 8-0 win.

That's a lot of own goals

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Aug 2019 12:17

Hound Swift needs to be on his game at set pieces tonight

Been banging on about it, but we've the height and power to cause major problems from free kicks and corners. WBA look a pretty small side to me except the CBs (I think Austin is the only other player 6ft or above). If the delivery is good, they'll have a major issue with Morrison, Joao, Puscas, Miazga and Moore

Well, to put into perspective, 4 out of 5 goals that West Brom have conceded have been from crosses, including one from a free kick and one from a corner. Although admittedly 3 out of those goals were against Millwall so...

Got to watch out for Sawyers and their new Croatian (possibly) CAM tonight, both quality quality players, especially Sawyers

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 21 Aug 2019 12:20

Hound Swift needs to be on his game at set pieces tonight

Saying on the WBA forum that Austin is not match fit but we'll no doubt see him play a part tonight. Looking at their recent highlights, the danger could come from the number of shots from outside of the box. Our midfield will need to be on their game closing them down tonight.

246 posts