Crowd for Charlton

StellaPlease

Crowd for Charlton

by StellaPlease » 25 Aug 2019 13:00

Surely, with the fact the team are playing well, getting results, holiday season is pretty much over and the fact that Charlton have sold their allocation we'll top 18,000 for Saturday?

There is a real feel good factor around the club now.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Crowd for Charlton

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Aug 2019 13:05

I imagine there will be a pretty decent crowd. Charlton should sell out a 2K allocation. I don't see the crowd topping 20K until the end of the season perhaps with the exception of boxing day.

I reckon we'll get about 17K vs Charlton

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 25 Aug 2019 13:07

Royal_jimmy I imagine there will be a pretty decent crowd. Charlton should sell out a 2K allocation. I don't see the crowd topping 20K until the end of the season perhaps with the exception of boxing day.

Charlton have sold out.

17,500 would be acceptable

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 25 Aug 2019 13:33

StellaPlease
Royal_jimmy I imagine there will be a pretty decent crowd. Charlton should sell out a 2K allocation. I don't see the crowd topping 20K until the end of the season perhaps with the exception of boxing day.

Charlton have sold out.

The continuing low home crowds is a concern...I blame it on Stam. For a decent number of years 17k was average until he came along. I mean...what the hell has happened to the ED stand? It’s a sea of empty seats whenever I see it on the highlights.

Obviously restricting the away allocation is a factor, but surely now there is a feel good factor back, we should be pushing up to the late teens

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Aug 2019 13:36

Still school holidays round here until about 5th - reckon there’ll still be some impact from that

17-18 would be pretty good tbh

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2019 13:45

Notts Royal
StellaPlease

Charlton have sold out.

The continuing low home crowds is a concern...I blame it on Stam. For a decent number of years 17k was average until he came along. I mean...what the hell has happened to the ED stand? It’s a sea of empty seats whenever I see it on the highlights.

Obviously restricting the away allocation is a factor, but surely now there is a feel good factor back, we should be pushing up to the late teens

It's always been lower in the first few weeks of the season.

Decent performances and results and it'll come.

It's going to look a bit emptier with the same crowd as before as well, because 1500 fans who'd normally be bulking out North and East will be in the South, which would otherwise have half of it totally empty.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 25 Aug 2019 13:57

Notts Royal
StellaPlease

Charlton have sold out.

Yeah I here you there mate.

Even the playoff year was so poor that for a lot of games,we were just standing in toe concourse drinking I stead of going in for the 2nd half. It was always busy :lol:

Most boring spell of my Reading supporting career.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Aug 2019 14:26

Yep circa 17k I think

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 25 Aug 2019 15:08

Snowflake Royal
Notts Royal
StellaPlease
Charlton have sold out.

It's always been lower in the first few weeks of the season.

Decent performances and results and it'll come.

It's going to look a bit emptier with the same crowd as before as well, because 1500 fans who'd normally be bulking out North and East will be in the South, which would otherwise have half of it totally empty.

Yep...above nails it.

I know quite a few folks who are on hols next weekend.

BUT....staying in the top half of the table will help bring folks back. I agree that Stam didn't help, but hopefully Gomes (and of course the players) will turn it around.

On the plus side, at the moment, I can't see the crowds dipping as badly as they have done so in the past year or two. Currently, can't see us dropping below 12-13k.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 25 Aug 2019 16:22

Should be a good home game next week. The Addict!*zzs did to the bees what we did to the pooch pack, except at home and by a narrower margin, 1-0 going into 4 minutes overtime is never the calmest of pleasures. How they are 3rd overall is a bit of a mystery, but no doubt they will try to surprise and delight us come Saturday.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Aug 2019 16:42

Bolton were 3rd after 5 games last season.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 25 Aug 2019 16:44

tidus_mi2 Bolton were 3rd after 5 games last season.

Yeah, Charlton won't maintain it. They don't have the team or the squad do. They do have a good manager though that goes a long way.

After we beat them on Saturday, I would t be surprised to see them go on a losing run.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 25 Aug 2019 17:53

StellaPlease
Notts Royal
StellaPlease
Charlton have sold out.

Even the playoff year was so poor that for a lot of games,we were just standing in toe concourse drinking I stead of going in for the 2nd half. It was always busy :lol:

Stam wracked our club as I said on here at the beginning of his second season and got crucified at the time. We’ve recovered, should 18,000 + Saturday.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 25 Aug 2019 17:55

Oilroyal
StellaPlease
Notts Royal

Stam wracked our club as I said on here at the beginning of his second season and got crucified at the time. We’ve recovered, should 18,000 + Saturday.

Fyenoord have had a dull start to the season too. P3 d3

Hate the guy. Ruined football for me for 1.5 years and we are still recovering support wise.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Aug 2019 20:26

Hopefully recent results will encourage a few disengaged supporters to dip their toe in the water again. Cannot blame them for being cautious. Too many false starts. Up to the regulars to spread the gospel not just about the team but the entire feel within the club.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Aug 2019 01:10

StellaPlease

Charlton have sold out.

What do Chelsea do Kes? Thought you’d be more interested in that?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Aug 2019 14:54

Will be pleasantly surprised if we top 18k this weekend.

The team are starting to gear up for a good season but a home record over the past 2 seasons of P46 W13 D14 L19 is going to mean a lot of people who have drifted away will probably want to see if this looks like a sustainable uptick rather than a "blip".

Recent home form is of course much better last 12 seeing W6 D4 L2 - if that continues then come October/November time crowds will increase (we only have one home game in September).

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Aug 2019 14:56

If you log on to the ticketing website you can count how many tickets have been sold.
If it’s of that much interest !

Danny Nedelko

by Danny Nedelko » 27 Aug 2019 16:38

Nameless If you log on to the ticketing website you can count how many tickets have been sold.
If it’s of that much interest !

I just counted 24,161
But I didn't factor in the different seat colours, which in hindsight may have been an error.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Aug 2019 17:13

Stranded Will be pleasantly surprised if we top 18k this weekend.

The team are starting to gear up for a good season but a home record over the past 2 seasons of P46 W13 D14 L19 is going to mean a lot of people who have drifted away will probably want to see if this looks like a sustainable uptick rather than a "blip".

Recent home form is of course much better last 12 seeing W6 D4 L2 - if that continues then come October/November time crowds will increase (we only have one home game in September).

And bar the season we finished 3rd that home performance has been terrible going all the way back to when we were last in the Premier League