The Great, Big Royal International Thread

145 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

The Great, Big Royal International Thread

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2019 10:57

In honour of Omar Richards well deserved call up to the England under 21s team I thought it high time we had a dedicated thread to track call ups for our players.

We may already have a thread like this but my search didnt yield any results.

Who else has been included in a squad? Anyone we think has been wrongly left out?

Old Man Andrews

Re: The Great, Big Royal International Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Aug 2019 10:59

NewCorkSeth In honour of Omar Richards well deserved call up to the England under 21s team I thought it high time we had a dedicated thread to track call ups for our players.

Who else has been included in a squad? Anyone we think has been wrongly left out?

Gunter is in the Wales squad despite not playing a minute of competitive football. Shows how shallow their talent pool is.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2019 11:01

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth In honour of Omar Richards well deserved call up to the England under 21s team I thought it high time we had a dedicated thread to track call ups for our players.

Gunter is in the Wales squad despite not playing a minute of competitive football. Shows how shallow their talent pool is.

Well I guess he deserves to make it to 100 caps. In fact I hope he does.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Aug 2019 11:25

great news for Omar

Something about him that makes him look a lot different this year. Maybe spent a bit of time in the gym. looked like a skinny teenager last year

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Aug 2019 11:26

Seems to have really come into his own recently.

Was it Jose who took him off at HT in a game last season? Guess it goes to show that if you can put the hard work in you can come out the other side.

Basildon

by Basildon » 30 Aug 2019 11:28

He's really upped his game so far this season, seems like the new system is suiting him perfectly.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Aug 2019 11:29

Is Ovie young enough to be eligible for U21s? I expect he'll get a call up this season if form continues. Great for Richards though, and good for our academy too.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2019 11:29

Hound great news for Omar

Something about him that makes him look a lot different this year. Maybe spent a bit of time in the gym. looked like a skinny teenager last year

I agree. Hes developed superbly despite some shakey preseason performances (from what I heard)

I'm impressed by the England structure to notice hes played well and reward him thusly. This is a huge surprise to me as Reading are not exactly grabbing headlines.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Aug 2019 11:32

NewCorkSeth

I agree. Hes developed superbly despite some shakey preseason performances (from what I heard)

I'm impressed by the England structure to notice hes played well and reward him thusly. This is a huge surprise to me as Reading are not exactly grabbing headlines.

Long may this continue. The less other clubs and supporters hear about our players the better.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2019 11:35

WestYorksRoyal Is Ovie young enough to be eligible for U21s? I expect he'll get a call up this season if form continues. Great for Richards though, and good for our academy too.

Yeah I think under 21 squads can have 2 players over 21? But ovie is turning 22 this season which should keep him as an under 21 player until next season regardless. He also has already been called up in the past.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Aug 2019 11:36

WestYorksRoyal Is Ovie young enough to be eligible for U21s? I expect he'll get a call up this season if form continues. Great for Richards though, and good for our academy too.

He turned 21 in November and I am not 100% sure on what the rule is?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2019 11:36

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth

Long may this continue. The less other clubs and supporters hear about our players the better.

Itll be a miracle if we can keep a hold of all of our talented youngsters.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Aug 2019 11:43

Danny Loader in the U-20s squad.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Aug 2019 11:45

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth I agree. Hes developed superbly despite some shakey preseason performances (from what I heard)

Way of the world mate. Bring them through the academy and sell for millions. As long as we can keep producing the young talent to replace them it is a good business model and one that has served us very well down the years.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 30 Aug 2019 12:00

Hendo

He turned 21 in November and I am not 100% sure on what the rule is?

I know for the comps such as euros, if you are 21 or under before qualifying you can be in the squad up till the finals and aged 23

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Aug 2019 15:02

CBC and Imari Samuels called up for England U-17s.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2019 15:16

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Long may this continue. The less other clubs and supporters hear about our players the better.

Way of the world mate. Bring them through the academy and sell for millions. As long as we can keep producing the young talent to replace them it is a good business model and one that has served us very well down the years.

Yeah.. I mean.. obviously. I was just stating even if we stay off the radar players like CBC, Loader and Olise are already widely known about. After Barretts goals I wouldn't be surprised if someone sent a scout to see him either.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 30 Aug 2019 15:27

Puscas has taken his chance with Romania. He’s made the squad to take on Spain next Thurs 5th, followed by Malta on Sunday 8th.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Aug 2019 15:43

royalp-we Puscas has taken his chance with Romania. He’s made the squad to take on Spain next Thurs 5th, followed by Malta on Sunday 8th.

That’s him getting a season ending injury in a 0-0 with the mighty Malta then.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2019 16:22

For continuities sake it should be mentioned McIntyre and Holsgrove are in the Scotland under 21s team. I know it was mentioned elsewhere.

145 posts