MATCHWATCH : Charlton Athletic (h) sponsored by Dave Shipperley

202 posts
The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Charlton Athletic (h) sponsored by Dave Shipperley

by The Enfield Royal71 » 31 Aug 2019 17:04

URZZZZ
Royal_jimmy Think this lot deserve booing off.

Shocking performance today. We've been suckered into Charlton's negative tactics all game.

Sometimes it’s better not to post during a game/right after a game whilst emotions are raw because you end up posting rubbish. Only spoilt brats would boo the team off today and Charlton only played the same way we did last week against Huddersfield

You can see why Charlton are unbeaten. Good side. I think fans are entitled to boo however.

We pay and if we are not happy we can boo. You wouldn't accept steak in a restaurant half cooked.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 31 Aug 2019 17:05

sandman
Royal_jimmy No idea how Charlton are so oxf*rd high up the table. They're such a limited side.

They've taken their chances, same as they have all season so far. They are extremely limited and they know it but for them it's all about survival.

Doesn't matter how poor any side is, if you give them the space we did for the first goal then you are in trouble.

To be fair by the time they went 2:0 up they'd had about 4 massive chances that they'd somehow missed ... a lot of poor performances second half giving the ball away in dangerous positions. Charlton did well though - deserved that win.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Aug 2019 17:09

The Enfield Royal71
URZZZZ
Royal_jimmy Think this lot deserve booing off.

Shocking performance today. We've been suckered into Charlton's negative tactics all game.

Sometimes it’s better not to post during a game/right after a game whilst emotions are raw because you end up posting rubbish. Only spoilt brats would boo the team off today and Charlton only played the same way we did last week against Huddersfield

You can see why Charlton are unbeaten. Good side. I think fans are entitled to boo however.

We pay and if we are not happy we can boo. You wouldn't accept steak in a restaurant half cooked.

Losing to a team 2nd in the league is not a disgrace. We’re an evolving team and there’s always the chance we’re going to have poor performances. Booing them off after 7 points in 3 games (including two difficult games) is ridiculous

Only thing I’d add is Pele doesn’t do it for me, and there seems to be a correlation between Moore playing on the right hand side of defence and us losing...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2019 17:10

Just didn’t click today. Nothing to tell me we aren’t a good side still, but too many poor performances across the park (Moore, Ejaria has stinkers)

We were the better side by a distance in the first and don’t think Charlton had an effort on goal except the early save, but second half they deserved their win, no arguments. A side with little flair or stand out individual quality but very good discipline, tactics and teamwork. Fair play to them, they did a number on us

Still a bit of a wake up call and reminds us there is plenty of work to be done still

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2019 17:13

Very much saw the good and bad with that formation today.

First half felt like we controlled the game, though Charlton did look like they had a goal in them. Swift and Ejaria causing all sorts of problems but Charlton well organised and our front two looked like strangers. Joao in particular looked like he constantly had a strop on and he was blowing after 20 minutes. Great feet, but just too often tried to be too intricate.

Really should have gone in at HT with a goal.

Second half Charlton obviously had instructions to force us to play through our CBs. Ejaria, Swift and Pele stopped moving and we had nothing on. And at that point they just overloaded our defence again and again. Lost count of how many times Moore and McIntyre got totally isolated.

First goal, McIntyre gets caught in two minds and doesn't close down properly because he's exposed outside him yet again. Unlucky deflection takes it away from Cabral but inside the post.

Second goal Moore caught exposed one one one yet again and tbh Charlton could have had a penalty for Moore's wrestling or the actual foul. Charlton could have had a hateful once they got their dander up.

Game was crying out for Meite to replace Joao IMO. Thought Barrett looked better than Boye, again, too intricate.

Lots to be positive about. Shame about the goal, C1871 weren't up to usual form but that sucked the life out and from there couldn't really get anything going with Charlton suddenly realising they had a voice.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Aug 2019 17:13

We were shit, Charlton were were shit. Lucky goal changed the game and we didn’t do enough to get back into it.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Aug 2019 17:18

Snowflake Royal Very much saw the good and bad with that formation today.

First half felt like we controlled the game, though Charlton did look like they had a goal in them. Swift and Ejaria causing all sorts of problems but Charlton well organised and our front two looked like strangers. Joao in particular looked like he constantly had a strop on and he was blowing after 20 minutes. Great feet, but just too often tried to be too intricate.

Second half Charlton obviously had instructions to force us to play through our CBs. Ejaria, Swift and Pele stopped moving and we had nothing on. And at that point they just overloaded our defence again and again. Lost count of how many times Moore and McIntyre got totally isolated.

First goal, McIntyre gets caught in two minds and doesn't close down properly because he's exposed outside him yet again. Unlucky deflection takes it away from Cabral but inside the post.

Second goal Moore caught exposed one one one yet again and tbh Charlton could have had a penalty for Moore's wrestling or the actual foul. Charlton could have had a hateful once they got their dander up.

Game was crying out for Meite to replace Joao IMO. Thought Barrett looked better than Boye, again, too intricate.

Lots to be positive about. Shame about the goal, C1871 weren't up to usual form but that sucked the life out and from there couldn't really get anything going with Charlton suddenly realising they had a voice.

It's all your fault.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2019 17:18

Hound Just didn’t click today. Nothing to tell me we aren’t a good side still, but too many poor performances across the park (Moore, Ejaria has stinkers)

We were the better side by a distance in the first and don’t think Charlton had an effort on goal except the early save, but second half they deserved their win, no arguments. A side with little flair or stand out individual quality but very good discipline, tactics and teamwork. Fair play to them, they did a number on us

Still a bit of a wake up call and reminds us there is plenty of work to be done still

Thought Ejaria looked total class first half. Then second just stood still being marked. A few mistakes here and there.

Pele seemed to spend half the game just not bothering to get close to his man. The other half being quite good.

Who is the guy No 10? I thought he had the name Swift on his shirt, but you can't fool me, that's never the guy I've been watching for the previous few seasons. He was really good (first half at least).

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Aug 2019 17:21

Charlton are one of those shit negative sides that will just grind out results, a better team will take them apart.

Brave subs by Gomes but they just didn't work, I don't think we'd score even if we were still playing now

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2019 17:21

NewCorkSeth

It's all your fault.

Set me up with a VPN, buy me an IFollow video subscription and pay me £1000 and I'll stop going.

My record this season:
P2, W0, D0, L2, F1, A4, Pts 0.

Wooooo!!!! I love football.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Aug 2019 17:22

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth

It's all your fault.

Set me up with a VPN, buy me an IFollow video subscription and pay me £1000 and I'll stop going.

My record this season:

Cant you sit in the opposition end or something? Maybe you can curse our visitors instead?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Aug 2019 17:24

CountryRoyal We were shit, Charlton were were shit. Lucky goal changed the game and we didn’t do enough to get back into it.

Couldn’t disagree more that Charlton were shit. Defensively strong, nullified our system brilliantly and were more than the sum of their parts. Fortunate goals but they earned it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2019 17:25

Snowflake Royal
Hound Just didn’t click today. Nothing to tell me we aren’t a good side still, but too many poor performances across the park (Moore, Ejaria has stinkers)

Thought Ejaria looked total class first half. Then second just stood still being marked. A few mistakes here and there.

Pele seemed to spend half the game just not bothering to get close to his man. The other half being quite good.

Who is the guy No 10? I thought he had the name Swift on his shirt, but you can't fool me, that's never the guy I've been watching for the previous few seasons. He was really good (first half at least).

Yeah Swift was very good again. Best player by a distance on our side imo

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2019 17:25

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth It's all your fault.

My record this season:

Cant you sit in the opposition end or something? Maybe you can curse our visitors instead?

I'm already in the South.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 31 Aug 2019 17:25

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth

It's all your fault.

My record this season:

iFollow worked today without VPN ... actually didn't work with it!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2019 17:26

genome
CountryRoyal We were shit, Charlton were were shit. Lucky goal changed the game and we didn’t do enough to get back into it.

Couldn’t disagree more that Charlton were shit. Defensively strong, nullified our system brilliantly and were more than the sum of their parts. Fortunate goals but they earned it.

They had the bit of luck we didn’t but they played well. They actually countered out system pretty successfully

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Aug 2019 17:27

genome

They were all of those things but they are also shit.

Fair play though they had a plan to spoil the game and it worked. Not knocking it, we were shit a few seasons ago and we still got to a play off final.
Last edited by sandman on 31 Aug 2019 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2019 17:27

Oh, also thought the ref had a great game. Couple of calls the wrong way and maybe missed a yellow or two or gave a harsh one. But generally right on the money and always talking to the players, taking very little shit.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2019 17:29

Hound
genome

They had the bit of luck we didn’t but they played well. They actually countered out system pretty successfully

Yep. Closed out our strengths and targeted our weaknesses really well.

Team who is used to winning.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Aug 2019 17:34

genome

I genuinely thought they were nothing special. They had the look of a decent promoted league one team that has started the season well. They will get so far in this league on commitment and desire but they were extremely limited and I’d be amazed if they finished top half. Their defence weren’t troubled even remotely enough from us.

202 posts